- 1 CUNY Board of Trustees protest
- 2 "Morales / Shakur Center" student suspensions event
- 3 "RSCC Study: The CUNY Student Struggle, Then and Now"
- 4 Anti-Petraeus demo
- 5 International Working Women's Day Panel
- 6 "Join the Youth and Student Contingent for May Day"
- 7 "LEFT FORUM: The Student Movement in NYC"
- 8 Youth in Revolt
- 9 RSCC Fist Up Fight Back NightShow
- 10 References
Raymundo (Rey) Valentin is a New York City activist. He is also known as Rey Valentin.
CUNY Board of Trustees protest
- NEW YORK CITY – CUNY students call for a protest picket on the afternoon of Monday, June 25 outside the regular meeting of the CUNY Board of Trustees, when the Board will give massive pay raises to CUNY administrators, including a quarter-million dollar pay raise (54%) to Chancellor Goldstein.
- CUNY is denying admission to more and more Black and Latino students based on its so-called rising "academic standards," while Baruch College's Zicklin School of Business was recently caught fixing the grades of failing students who work for Wall Street firms. CUNY uses one set of "academic standards" to deny admission to working-class Black and Latino students and fudges another set of "academic standards" for Wall Street executives whose tuition is paid for by their firms. Despite these twin scandals, the paper-pushing non-producing parasites on the Board are planning to congratulate administrators with outrageous salary increases on June 25.
- Join the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee on June 25 to protest against these outrages!
Those indicating their intention to attend on the Whenever website notice of the event included Rey Valentin. 
"Morales / Shakur Center" student suspensions event
On October 28, 2013, a City College administrator suspended Tafadar Sourov and Khalil Vasquez, two students who led demonstrations against the administration’s illegal raid and seizure of the Guillermo Morales / Assata Shakur Community Center. The Morales / Shakur Center is a space that has existed at City College for more than 20 years and was first won in 1989 through a mass student strike and occupations throughout CUNY.
- In response to the attacks on our student leaders, students and community say: WE ARE NOT AFRAID. Repression will not end the campaign to save the Morales / Shakur Center or the broader struggle to liberate CUNY for the people. Hundreds on campus and in the community will follow their example. Any punitive measures against Taffy and Khalil will only be a lesson to the people that the CCNY administration dismisses the people’s concerns and that the people must escalate their mass actions.
- Taffy and Khalil are fighting for the people, defending the last autonomous campus space that serves the community and defending the legacy of the people’s revolutionary heroes. THE PEOPLE MUST DEFEND TAFFY AND KHALIL. The people cannot stand aside and look as the City College administration attempts to isolate them and promote fake sellout student leaders who want to negotiate away the Center. The Center was won through struggle and will be reclaimed through struggle.
Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee organized a meeting in Edgewater, 160 Convent Avenue,New York, Friday 8 November 2013, to organize resistance. Those indicating their willingness to attend on the Whenever website included Rey Valentin.
"RSCC Study: The CUNY Student Struggle, Then and Now"
Columbia University - Intercultural Resource Center (552 W 114st st by Broadway) Sunday 1 December 2013, organized by Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee.
- The Fall 2013 semester has seen the revival of militant student movements in CUNY. Our movements are following in the footsteps of those who struggled in CUNY before us, in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. The struggles of the past opened up CUNY to oppressed people, but that is not the end of the story, it was only the first step. The struggle of our generation is going to be to seize CUNY for the people.
- In order to do that we must study the past. RSCC is taking up this task by hosting a study on the history of revolutionary student movements in CUNY, to enrich our struggles going forward. Come out and learn with us, as we build towards a CUNY Spring!
Those indicating their intention to attend on the Wherevent website notice of the event included Amity Magid Paye, Ayisha Irfan, Yexenia Vanegas, Shaira Chaer, Hoda Mitwally, Emily December, Emily Wynter , Stephanie Zukasaka, Sherry Cruz, Natalie Wells, Jenny Marks, Angelica Hernandez, Analisa Svehaug, Marcia Esparza, Marisa Jalo, Gargi Padki, Aber Kawas, Maha Chielo, Narish Singh, Erick Moreno, Rey Valentin, Carlos A. Rivera-Jones, Kevin Kang, Jose LaSalle, Tafadar Sourov, Khalil Vasquez, Christian Laureano Peruyero Bracero, Matt Peterson.
2 W 64th St,New York 29 October 2014, 17:30 -19:30.
Organized by : Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee.
- Last year students were suspended, a community center was illegally shut down and the City College campus turned into a police-run campus in order to suppress the movement led by CUNY students and faculty to drive ROTC and War Criminal David Petraeus out of our university. Now the Macaulay Honors College is inviting him to speak. Let's be there to let Petraeus know that CUNY rejects imperialism and its war criminals!
Many students an others indicated they would attend on the Whenever page advertising the event. They included Sharmin Hossain, Angie De LaGhetto, Nerdeen Kiswani, Zeina Alturk, Mila Lebron, Avia Michelle, Monique Thompson, Dalilah Freeman, Meli LaSalle, Coche Bomba, Shohag Ahmed, Donnie Donilon, Hasan İncedere, Michael Bellamy, Katrina Cortes, Sabin Rene Figaro, Thalmann Pradeep Pereira, Myles Glynn, Daniela Robles Martínez, Ayumila Hilai, Khalil Antonio Vasquez, Jeff Camp, Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero, Erick Moreno, Scott Williams, Bernadette Ellorin, Susie Abdel, Dan Cione, Abdu Salman, Percy Lujan, Rajib Lovesramen Miah, Vishal Singh, , Marc Durougeot, Christopher Rieth, Rayn Cornielle, Louis Oprisa, Mike Legaspi, Bayu Patria, Merlin Miano Patramani, Shake Zula, Sabiha Azad, Jan Makovec, Josmar Trujillo, Kjell Gunnar Larsen, Shandell Is, Jasper Washa, Richard Finkelstein, Jared Flanery, Jose LaSalle, Behrooz Navaii, Alexi Shaaloom, Nick Maniace, Rey Valentin, Uthkarsh Dev, Owsspag Apollo, Rani Ghosson.
International Working Women's Day Panel
International Working Women's Day Panel, Hunter College West Building Cafeteria (Green Room), Wednesday 11 March 2015.
Organized by : Leon Joseph
Join us March 11th to discuss “What women’s liberation means to you?
- Organizers from different youth organizations Students for a Democratic Society at Hunter College, Students for Justice in Palestine at Hunter College, Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee, The Ya-Ya Network, and Anakbayan NY will speak on a panel celebrating International Women's Day and discuss what Women's Liberation looks like to their respective organizations and their political lines.
Many students an others indicated they would attend on the Whenever page advertising the event. They included Neda Kit, Medina Beqiri, Michelle Natanzon, Farah Rah, Tanha Tabassum AlSheikhdallah , Zayneb Almiggabber, Mila Lebron , Archer Sackey, Belal Bahader, Sean Kennedy, Omar Rashid, Zeina Alturk, Don Tagala, Salma Ismaiel, Aatika Al Bashir, Richard Finkelstein,Ashley Ngozi Agbasoga, Percy Lujan, Zeina Alturk, Tafadar Sourov, Leon Joseph, Jessie Sander, Angie De LaGhetto, Noran Elzarka, Lisa Gagliardo, Meli LaSalle, Rockey Meitei Saphaba, Eman Youssef, Narish Singh, Polilla Ramirez, Lara Maher, Izabela Qafa, Samer Khawaja, Irving Apantenco, Yousr Shaltout, Arlene Cornejal, Mike Legaspi, Sankofa Taylor, Avia Avia, Katherine Azcona, Dan Cione, Jon Laks, Erick Moreno, Rey Valentin, Rani Ghosson.
"Join the Youth and Student Contingent for May Day"
"Join the Youth and Student Contingent for May Day" was organized by Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee, Friday 1 May 2015, in Union Square.
- This year, in the advent of the murders of Mike Brown, Eric Garner, Aiyana Jones, Jessica Hernandez and hundreds of others victims of state violence, we once again express our commitment to fight on behalf of the oppressed.
- Join the youth and student contingent of the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee to learn about the different campaigns across CUNY being fought on behalf of the people, the role of the students in the revolutionary movement, and the campaign to Liberate CUNY for the People.
Those indicating their intention to support or attend on the Wherevent page included Andrea Adum, Karlos Mtz, Ryan Bruckenthal, Ignacio Trevino, Patti Cruz, Salma Ismaiel, Sadi Pfunk Bimwala, Paul Funkhouser, Zay Zay Kopauk, Tonur Mukh Mondolboi, Alan Warsaw, Richard Finkelstein,Abdu Salman, Nicole Bugarin, Nadezhda Krupskaya, Guy Mika, Jack Garcia, Kholisile Phezisa, C.j. Swarthout, Daniel Gibbons, Oscar Garcia, Hawa Omar, Martha Leon Castelan, Arlene Cornejal, Rajib Lovesramen Miah, Carlos A. Taveras, Jr., Rey Valentin, Omar Rashid, Mike Legaspi, Dan Cione, Majbah Uddin, Jenny Charlotte Haarberg, Greg Butterfield, Sumaiya Sarwar, Jon Laks, Richard Heart, Sharice Richards, Rasheeda Abby, Jose Ponce, Far Han, Lisa Gagliardo, Amanda Ocasio, Narish Singh, Kenneth Fuglemsmo, Cavan Kharrazian, Archer Sackey, Zeina Alturk, Mariya Ivancheva, Marc Durougeot, Tafadar Sourov, Sean Kennedy, Eniko Vincze, Nerdeen Kiswani, Maram Elsyed, Angelus Di Sole, Tina Kelly, María Muratalla Maes, Mila Lebron .
"LEFT FORUM: The Student Movement in NYC"
Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee organized an Event "LEFT FORUM: The Student Movement in NYC" in North Bergen 524 W 59th St,New York, Saturday 30 May 2015;
- This panel will feature speakers from diverse organizations and coalitions that operate in NYC to explore different progressive struggles and how they tie-in to the revolutionary students movement being created by the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee.
Those indicating their support/attendance on a Wherevent page advertising the Forum included Lisa Gagliardo, Salma Ayai, Jessie Joyce Meredith, Delta Nueve, Angelica Hernandez|Angie De LaGhetto, Tracy Lall, Mary Kay O'Donnell, Rayn Cornielle, Eva Nidzeeva, Amber Stacks, Susan Kingsland, Amy Jaquez, Millie Roy, Andrea Haulcoch, Paola Andrea Lebron, Mariadefatima Mosconi, Asha Cameron, Adelita Karla Cambio, Mariana Cruz Munoz, Hawa Omar, Emma Pliskin, Sarita Ahmed, Alexia Garcia, Nerdeen Kiswani, Lucy Parks, Izzi Creo, Sulafa Sahel, Avia Avia, Carol Vanessa Hurtado, Nadezhda Krupskaya, Danica Gabrielle Pagulayan, Charlotte Kates, Miguelina Castillo Veras, Cassie Brown, Maha Akhtar, Gabriela Bortolamedi, Alyssia Thompson, Sharmin Sadequee, Ev Er In, Dina Bint Abu Ahmed, Grace Li, Lynn Lewis, Doha Ayad, Kerry McLean, Teresa Alba, Angelica Lara, Melissa Foster, Nana Naomeh, Rowayda Widdi, Elisabeth Koechlin, Char Emma, Sharon Shaji, Lenore Holz, Patti Cruz, Livia Sa, Noran Elzarka, Zeina Alturk, Marisa Dos Santos, Krystle Star, Sydney Denee, Alexandra Chipkin, Julie Chen, Claire Hunter, Amena Othman, Isabelle Nastasia, Sharice Richards, Hanalei Somar, Katherine Azcona, Teressa Raiford, Monica Joy, Katie Merriman, Aliyah Hakim, Lisa Marie Crawford, Michelle Natanzon, Aber Kawas, Ma Mo, Alina Shen, Lourdes Carrasco, Sarah-Ann Mathew, Johanna Galvis, Katrina Cortes, Myrlaviani Perez-Rivier, Lin Biao, Joanna Trimble, Samantha Kostmayer, Nadia Swanson, Leena Weddy, Ameera Habibi Tariq, Tiffany Fotopoulos, Mila Lebron, Patrick Conway, Andrew Rosdolsky, Sonny Obhan, Kassem Nasser, Joshua Eli, Michael Hisry, Jose Ponce, Thomas van Beersum, Richard Finkelstein, Daniel Dunn, Jesse Nevel, Caleb-Michael Files, Il Lupo Cattivo, Jacob Ertel, Eddie Rosa Padilla, Sam Smith, Khalil Vasquez, Benjamin Haas, Mahmood Shabazz, Xavier Renoir, Daniel Gibbons, Sean Kennedy, Jon Laks, Aahil Talal Abdullah, Rey Valentin, Daniel Golebiewski, Javal Ghalil Minor, Marc Durougeot, Agyei Tyehimba, Richard Heart, Percy Lujan, Suro Pak, Rajib Lovesramen Miah, Emilio Zapa, Jose Luis Medina, Deniz Solmaz, Marco Antonio Quiroga, Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero, Irving Apantenco, Simon Peter Tangney, Antonis Karatarakis, Abdu Salman, Richard Lynch, Nathaniel Phillipps, Mohammad Hamad, Jan Makovec, Dominic Wetzel, Kevin Kang, Alan Warsaw, Jed Brandt, Aldo Ulisses Resendiz, Frederick Sumpter, Ace LaBeija, Tafadar Sourov, Xsavier Daniels, Jose Ramon Garcia-Madrid, Vic Vaiana, Sławek Krulak, Kazembe Balagun, Ashoka Jegroo, Far Han, David Salay, James Cersonsky, Vic Vaiana, Kareem Michael, Marianna Olinger.
Youth in Revolt
February 11 2015 at Venue Hunter College, 695 Park Ave, New York, Students for Justice in Palestine and Students for a Democratic Society at Hunter College and Anakbayan New York present a panel discussion on the role of Youth and Students in Peoples' Liberation and International Solidarity.
- From Gaza to Ayotzinapa, from Ferguson to Mindanao, the victory of Oppressed Peoples worldwide against systems of oppression and exploitation depends heavily on two unities—the Unity of the Broad Masses of the People and the International Solidarity between the oppressed against the oppressors. Come and join in ours discussion on the importance of youth organizers in the struggle for national liberation.
- Nerdeen Kiswani and Kassem Nasser from Students for Justice in Palestine at Hunter College
- Janella M. Lopez and Mike Legaspi of AnakBayan New York
- Rey Valentin from Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee.
RSCC Fist Up Fight Back NightShow
- Come celebrate with the RSCC with music, poetry, and raffle prizes. All donations go to the city-wide efforts of RSCC,
Those indicating their support or willingness to attend, on the event's Whenever webpage included Riha Nath, Shake Zula, Christian Almonte, Melody Gonzalez Diaz, Khush Kam-Au, Sabin Rene Figaro, Percy Lujan, Miguel Rodriguez, Tafadar Sourov, Travis Brown, Kevin Kang, Jade Valentina, Marisa Dos Santos, Michelle Natanzon, Tanzeem Shaneela, Meli LaSalle, Blake Winters, Jensine Sultana, Narish Singh, Dee Medellin Szsz, Shaktii Shaktii, Akin Haynes, Lenin F. Salazar, Khalil Vasquez, Jon Laks, Claudia Palacios, Kassem Nasser, Aldo Rafael Perez, Katrina Cortes, Nizum Khan, Danna Yessenia Mendoza Romero, Daniel Dunn, Alan Torres, Bunny Juarez, Regina Joseph, Aisha Ace LaBeija, Yaeli Flam, Shanise Simmonds, Joe Catron, Jan Makovec, Javal Ghalil Minor, Alexandra Leston, Daniell RK MarleMao, Robert Lorenzo, Sol Borja, Xsavier Daniels, Ramsey Lovesramen, Ajay Henderson, Tyler Albertario, Freddy Gee, Katherine Vasquez, Kenia Rodriguez, Hancy Martinez, Rey Valentin, Adam Koren-Roth, Sara Mustard, Karen Abraham-Garcia, Cathy Rojas, Nicole Bugarin, Kim Morales, Margaret D'Poet, Carol Karimah, Nicole Komissarenko, Akash Rahman, Daisy Crispin.
- Whenever Event CUNY SHUTS OUT BLACK AND LATINO STUDENTS, FIXES GRADES FOR WALL STREET EXECS … AND THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES IS GIVING THE ADMINISTRATION A PAY-RAISE!FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEJune 19, 2012
- Activities Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee Edgewater /
- Wherevent "RSCC Study: The CUNY Student Struggle, Then and Now"
- vent in New York Hunter College West Building Cafeteria (Green Room) Wednesday 11 March 2015
- " Union Square Friday 1 May 2015, 13:00 Organized by : Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee Join the Youth and Student Contingent for May Day"
- [ http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Revolutionary-Student-Coordinating-LEFT-FORUM-The-Student-Movement-in-NYC Wherevent LEFT FORUM: The Student Movement in NYC]
- [http://allevents.in/new%20york/youth-in-revolt/1553790741545816# Youth in Revolt Time Wed Feb 11 2015 at 06:00 pm]
- [ http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Revolutionary-Student-Coordinating-RSCC-Fist-Up-Fight-Back-NightShow Whenever RSCC Fist Up Fight Back NightShow]