"Morales / Shakur Center" student suspensions event
On October 28, 2013, a City College administrator suspended Tafadar Sourov and Khalil Vasquez, two students who led demonstrations against the administration’s illegal raid and seizure of the Guillermo Morales / Assata Shakur Community Center. The Morales / Shakur Center is a space that has existed at City College for more than 20 years and was first won in 1989 through a mass student strike and occupations throughout CUNY.
- In response to the attacks on our student leaders, students and community say: WE ARE NOT AFRAID. Repression will not end the campaign to save the Morales / Shakur Center or the broader struggle to liberate CUNY for the people. Hundreds on campus and in the community will follow their example. Any punitive measures against Taffy and Khalil will only be a lesson to the people that the CCNY administration dismisses the people’s concerns and that the people must escalate their mass actions.
- Taffy and Khalil are fighting for the people, defending the last autonomous campus space that serves the community and defending the legacy of the people’s revolutionary heroes. THE PEOPLE MUST DEFEND TAFFY AND KHALIL. The people cannot stand aside and look as the City College administration attempts to isolate them and promote fake sellout student leaders who want to negotiate away the Center. The Center was won through struggle and will be reclaimed through struggle.
Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee organized a meeting in Edgewater, 160 Convent Avenue,New York, Friday 8 November 2013, to organize resistance. Those indicating their willingness to attend on the Whenever website included Kevin Kang.
"RSCC Study: The CUNY Student Struggle, Then and Now"
Columbia University - Intercultural Resource Center (552 W 114st st by Broadway) Sunday 1 December 2013, organized by Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee.
- The Fall 2013 semester has seen the revival of militant student movements in CUNY. Our movements are following in the footsteps of those who struggled in CUNY before us, in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. The struggles of the past opened up CUNY to oppressed people, but that is not the end of the story, it was only the first step. The struggle of our generation is going to be to seize CUNY for the people.
- In order to do that we must study the past. RSCC is taking up this task by hosting a study on the history of revolutionary student movements in CUNY, to enrich our struggles going forward. Come out and learn with us, as we build towards a CUNY Spring!
Those indicating their intention to attend on the Wherevent website notice of the event included Amity Magid Paye, Ayisha Irfan, Yexenia Vanegas, Shaira Chaer, Hoda Mitwally, Emily December, Emily Wynter , Stephanie Zukasaka, Sherry Cruz, Natalie Wells, Jenny Marks, Angelica Hernandez, Analisa Svehaug, Marcia Esparza, Marisa Jalo, Gargi Padki, Aber Kawas, Maha Chielo, Narish Singh, Erick Moreno, Rey Valentin, Carlos A. Rivera-Jones, Kevin Kang, Jose LaSalle, Tafadar Sourov, Khalil Vasquez, Christian Laureano Peruyero Bracero, Matt Peterson.
December 28, 2015, "And the Revolutionary Student and Youth Movement Grows Stronger", #Liber8CUNY — with Hancy Martinez, Kevin Kang, Sean Kennedy, Khalil Vasquez, Daniel Dunn, Archer Sackey, Melody Gonzalez Diaz, Ramsey Lovesramen, Daisy Crispin, CP HP, Nicole Bugarin, Karen Abraham-Garcia and Percy Lujan.
"LEFT FORUM: The Student Movement in NYC"
Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee organized an Event "LEFT FORUM: The Student Movement in NYC" in North Bergen 524 W 59th St,New York, Saturday 30 May 2015;
- This panel will feature speakers from diverse organizations and coalitions that operate in NYC to explore different progressive struggles and how they tie-in to the revolutionary students movement being created by the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee.
Those indicating their support/attendance on a Wherevent page advertising the Forum included Lisa Gagliardo, Salma Ayai, Jessie Joyce Meredith, Delta Nueve, Angelica Hernandez|Angie De LaGhetto, Tracy Lall, Mary Kay O'Donnell, Rayn Cornielle, Eva Nidzeeva, Amber Stacks, Susan Kingsland, Amy Jaquez, Millie Roy, Andrea Haulcoch, Paola Andrea Lebron, Mariadefatima Mosconi, Asha Cameron, Adelita Karla Cambio, Mariana Cruz Munoz, Hawa Omar, Emma Pliskin, Sarita Ahmed, Alexia Garcia, Nerdeen Kiswani, Lucy Parks, Izzi Creo, Sulafa Sahel, Avia Avia, Carol Vanessa Hurtado, Nadezhda Krupskaya, Danica Gabrielle Pagulayan, Charlotte Kates, Miguelina Castillo Veras, Cassie Brown, Maha Akhtar, Gabriela Bortolamedi, Alyssia Thompson, Sharmin Sadequee, Ev Er In, Dina Bint Abu Ahmed, Grace Li, Lynn Lewis, Doha Ayad, Kerry McLean, Teresa Alba, Angelica Lara, Melissa Foster, Nana Naomeh, Rowayda Widdi, Elisabeth Koechlin, Char Emma, Sharon Shaji, Lenore Holz, Patti Cruz, Livia Sa, Noran Elzarka, Zeina Alturk, Marisa Dos Santos, Krystle Star, Sydney Denee, Alexandra Chipkin, Julie Chen, Claire Hunter, Amena Othman, Isabelle Nastasia, Sharice Richards, Hanalei Somar, Katherine Azcona, Teressa Raiford, Monica Joy, Katie Merriman, Aliyah Hakim, Lisa Marie Crawford, Michelle Natanzon, Aber Kawas, Ma Mo, Alina Shen, Lourdes Carrasco, Sarah-Ann Mathew, Johanna Galvis, Katrina Cortes, Myrlaviani Perez-Rivier, Lin Biao, Joanna Trimble, Samantha Kostmayer, Nadia Swanson, Leena Weddy, Ameera Habibi Tariq, Tiffany Fotopoulos, Mila Lebron, Patrick Conway, Andrew Rosdolsky, Sonny Obhan, Kassem Nasser, Joshua Eli, Michael Hisry, Jose Ponce, Thomas van Beersum, Richard Finkelstein, Daniel Dunn, Jesse Nevel, Caleb-Michael Files, Il Lupo Cattivo, Jacob Ertel, Eddie Rosa Padilla, Sam Smith, Khalil Vasquez, Benjamin Haas, Mahmood Shabazz, Xavier Renoir, Daniel Gibbons, Sean Kennedy, Jon Laks, Aahil Talal Abdullah, Rey Valentin, Daniel Golebiewski, Javal Ghalil Minor, Marc Durougeot, Agyei Tyehimba, Richard Heart, Percy Lujan, Suro Pak, Rajib Lovesramen Miah, Emilio Zapa, Jose Luis Medina, Deniz Solmaz, Marco Antonio Quiroga, Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero, Irving Apantenco, Simon Peter Tangney, Antonis Karatarakis, Abdu Salman, Richard Lynch, Nathaniel Phillipps, Mohammad Hamad, Jan Makovec, Dominic Wetzel, Kevin Kang, Alan Warsaw, Jed Brandt, Aldo Ulisses Resendiz, Frederick Sumpter, Ace LaBeija, Tafadar Sourov, Xsavier Daniels, Jose Ramon Garcia-Madrid, Vic Vaiana, Sławek Krulak, Kazembe Balagun, Ashoka Jegroo, Far Han, David Salay, James Cersonsky, Vic Vaiana, Kareem Michael, Marianna Olinger.
RSCC Fist Up Fight Back NightShow
- Come celebrate with the RSCC with music, poetry, and raffle prizes. All donations go to the city-wide efforts of RSCC,
Those indicating their support or willingness to attend, on the event's Whenever webpage included Riha Nath, Shake Zula, Christian Almonte, Melody Gonzalez Diaz, Khush Kam-Au, Sabin Rene Figaro, Percy Lujan, Miguel Rodriguez, Tafadar Sourov, Travis Brown, Kevin Kang, Jade Valentina, Marisa Dos Santos, Michelle Natanzon, Tanzeem Shaneela, Meli LaSalle, Blake Winters, Jensine Sultana, Narish Singh, Dee Medellin Szsz, Shaktii Shaktii, Akin Haynes, Lenin F. Salazar, Khalil Vasquez, Jon Laks, Claudia Palacios, Kassem Nasser, Aldo Rafael Perez, Katrina Cortes, Nizum Khan, Danna Yessenia Mendoza Romero, Daniel Dunn, Alan Torres, Bunny Juarez, Regina Joseph, Aisha Ace LaBeija, Yaeli Flam, Shanise Simmonds, Joe Catron, Jan Makovec, Javal Ghalil Minor, Alexandra Leston, Daniell RK MarleMao, Robert Lorenzo, Sol Borja, Xsavier Daniels, Ramsey Lovesramen, Ajay Henderson, Tyler Albertario, Freddy Gee, Katherine Vasquez, Kenia Rodriguez, Hancy Martinez, Rey Valentin, Adam Koren-Roth, Sara Mustard, Karen Abraham-Garcia, Cathy Rojas, Nicole Bugarin, Kim Morales, Margaret D'Poet, Carol Karimah, Nicole Komissarenko, Akash Rahman, Daisy Crispin.
- Activities Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee Edgewater /
- Wherevent "RSCC Study: The CUNY Student Struggle, Then and Now"
- FB Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee· December 28, 2015
- [ http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Revolutionary-Student-Coordinating-LEFT-FORUM-The-Student-Movement-in-NYC Wherevent LEFT FORUM: The Student Movement in NYC]
- [ http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Revolutionary-Student-Coordinating-RSCC-Fist-Up-Fight-Back-NightShow Whenever RSCC Fist Up Fight Back NightShow]