Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero
- 1 CUNY Social Forum Panel by Students for a Democratic Society
- 2 Left Forum 2009
- 3 Left Forum 2011
- 4 Left Forum 2014
- 5 Left Forum 2015
- 6 Anti-SB1070
- 7 FRSO
- 8 "PACK THE COURT: DEFEND THE CUNY6, KHALIL & TAFFY"
- 9 DREAM Team
- 10 RSCC Picture the Homeless meeting
- 11 Anti-Petraeus demo
- 12 "LEFT FORUM: The Student Movement in NYC"
- 13 Liaison Committee for a New Communist Party
- 14 RSCC Winter retreat
- 15 Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
- 16 References
Ateo (Christian Bracero) Laureano Bracero Peruyero is a CUNY student organizer for 8 years, a member of the Lehman DREAM Team and founder/creator of the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee (RSCC). In 2015 Ateo is leaving RSCC and the student movement in order to organize around the issues impacting people in The Bronx such as police brutality and gentrification.
CUNY Social Forum Panel by Students for a Democratic Society
CUNY Social Forum Panel by Students for a Democratic Society...October 19, 2008 City College of New York.
Moderator: Robyn Tang
- CUNY has a long history of struggle, which has never just emerged within CUNY itself, but has been connected and a part to the greater New York Community and the politics of its time. How can we learn from the struggles of our communities in the past & today, of students throughout the New York Public Education System, and connect that to the possibility of building a radical student movement with organic roots in our communities? Students for a Democratic Society members look at what are our possibilities, what our duties as politically conscious students are, and what kind of transformation we want to see.
Students for a Democratic Society re-emerged as a new organization in 2006. Since then, SDS has grown into a national organization with over a hundred chapters and thousands of members.
- Robyn Tang is an aspiring artist. She was the former vice-president of the Philosophy Club of Hunter College, and is now a current member of Hunter Students for a Democratic Society.
- Daniel Tasripin was a member of Student Liberation Action Movement (SLAM) and a member of CUNY Hunter Students for a Democratic Society, as well as a representative of the People of Color Caucus in National SDS organization. He has helped organized the first Iraq Moratorium events in NYC and is the prolific author of the blog Hegemonik.
- Rahel Aima has been a member of Columbia Univeristy Student Liberation Action Movement for more than two years and has organized against David Horowitz and the Islamofascist week, and is currently organizing against the re-introduction of the ROTC to the Columbia campus.
- Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero is a Nuyorican born, raised and resides in the borough of The Bronx, he has now come to learn more of his oppressive history in the United States and in Puerto Rico. He is a member of Queens College SDS and a member of La Tertulia (The Spanish Club) on campus seeking to help educate other Latino/a students on their history and issues inside the United States and in Latin America, while also seeking to learn from others.
Left Forum 2009
Rebel CUNY: Legacy of People's Struggle:
- Hank Williams, (Chair) - Africana Studies Group (CUNY Graduate Center)
- Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero - Queens College, Student and Nuyerorican Activist
- Freddy Bastone, Hunter College, Student and a member of the Hunter Student Union
- Robyn Tang, Hunter College Student, Hunter Student Union member and artist
Left Forum 2011
Going Forward: A Revolutionary Perspective on Ethnic Studies:
- Alice Feng, Asian Pacific-Islander Students in Struggle @ Syracuse University
- Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero, Black Legacy @ Lehman College; Freedom Road Socialist Organization
- Hank Williams, Africana Studies Group @ CUNY Graduate Center
- Robyn Tang, The Coalition for the Revitalization of Asian American Studies at Hunter
Left Forum 2014
Protracted People’s War and Contemporary Revolutionary Struggles
Sponsoring Journal: Maosoleum
Chair/Facilitator: Christian Laureano - Liaison Committee for a New Communist Party
- Fernanda Pardo - Maosoleum
- Carlos Rivera - Maosoleum
- Santiago Avila - Maosoleum
- Karl Riukas - Maosoleum
Left Forum 2015
Contemporary Topics on Maoism
- Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero Chair, Maosoleum Blog
- Meli LaSalle Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee
- Khalil Vasquez Liaison Committee for a New Communist Party
- Luis Henriquez Students Without Borders
The Student Movement in NYC
- Percy Lujan Chair, is currently the Agitation/Propaganda Officer of the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee, a leader in the immigration movement inside and outside of CUNY, and an organizer against gentrification in Queens.
- Angelica Hernandez is member of the CUNY 6, future president of NYU-Students for Justice in Palestine and chair of Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee .
- Sean Kennedy former journalist, PhD student in English at the Graduate Center of CUNY, working on global political economy, decolonization, and cultural and media form. Coordinator of advocacy and education for the CUNY Adjunct Project, organizer of the MLA Subconference, member of Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee
- Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero "is a CUNY student organizer for 8 years, a member of the Lehman DREAM Team and founder/creator of the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee . Now Ateo is leaving RSCC and the student movement in order to organize around the issues impacting people in The Bronx such as police brutality and gentrification."
Christian Peruyero, a construction worker ran on Citi Field in 2010 with a Mexican flag to protest SB1070.
- Recently the NYPD arrested and viciously beat two of our comrades, Freddy Bastone and Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero. Freddy is a laborer in LIUNA Local 79’s apprenticeship program and a CUNY student leader. Ateo is the president of Black Legacy, the Black student union at Lehman College.
- The attack did not happen at a rally or any political action, but as a part of daily life in the Bronx, the poorest urban county in the US. Freddy and Ateo, life-long residents of the Bronx, had an encounter that is a common experience for exploited and oppressed people in this city and around the world.
- Freddy suffered a broken nose, broken teeth, a swollen face, and other injuries. Ateo got bruises and cuts to his face and shoulder and other injuries. There are trumped-up charges against them resulting from the attack.
"PACK THE COURT: DEFEND THE CUNY6, KHALIL & TAFFY"
100 Centre Street, New York, Thursday 9 January 2014, organized by Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee, "PACK THE COURT: DEFEND THE CUNY6, KHALIL & TAFFY".
- The CUNY 6 and Khalil and Taffy have open criminal cases with ongoing court appearances. All 8 students are set to appear in court on January 9th, 2014 at 9:00 am, at 100 Centre Street. We call upon all students, faculty, and members of the community to come out and pack the courts on January 9th in support of the CUNY 6 and Khalil and Taffy.
Those indicating support or attendance on Wherevent, included Yanett Ramirez, Denise Lupita Romero, Padraic O'Brien, Zulai Romero,Tommy Maggio,Gregoire Jacques, Far Han, Miguel Rodriguez, Ben Fredericks, Christian Laureano Peruyero Bracero, Narish Singh, Norman Clement, Nick Maniace,Ramiro Funez, Jesse Eyezen Marcus, Karsten Kvistad, Tony Troy Yashin, Freddy Gee, Nadine Aly, Ramya Ramana, Stephanie Zukasaka, Brad Sigal, Cathy Rojas, Josefina La China, Elisa Lorde, Bayu Patria, Harly Rodmarti, Freddy Bastone,Robert Moore,Elliot Vazquez, Josmar Trujillo, Andrew Pollack, Dan McKenzie, Micah Ascaso, Joslyn Alexis, Joe DeWeezy,Maria Volpe,Tony Troy Yashin, Neda Kit, Percy Lujan, Khalil Vasquez, William Simon Kang, Rajib Lovesramen Miah, Daniel Pana,Mariam Castillo,Rafael E. Pena, Akash Rahman, Agust Freeman, Roselle Valerio, Roselle Valerio, Analisa Svehaug, Tafadar Sourov,Juan Alberto Perez Vera,Elif Fatıma Gorken, Marisa Jalo, Linda Morales, Isis K. Colon, Sharmin Hossain, Nicole Husbands, Abdu Salman, Rey Valentin, Erick Moreno, Hoda Mitwally, Alice Feng, David Suker, Raj Maheshwari
RSCC Picture the Homeless meeting
March 1, 2015 Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee held a meeting at Picture the Homeless with Angie De LaGhetto, Ev Er In, Merv Blue, Ramsey Lovesramen, Leon Joseph, Moneek Moheeka, Tafadar Sourov, Archer Sackey, Nicole Bugarin, Viejo Chuleta, Mila Lebron, Charlie Uptown, Peruyero Bracero Christian Laureano, Lisa Gagliardo, Sankofa Taylor, Rani Allan, Meli LaSalle, Miguel Makata, Dan Cione and Khalil Vasquez.
2 W 64th St,New York 29 October 2014, 17:30 -19:30.
Organized by : Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee.
- Last year students were suspended, a community center was illegally shut down and the City College campus turned into a police-run campus in order to suppress the movement led by CUNY students and faculty to drive ROTC and War Criminal David Petraeus out of our university. Now the Macaulay Honors College is inviting him to speak. Let's be there to let Petraeus know that CUNY rejects imperialism and its war criminals!
Many students an others indicated they would attend on the Whenever page advertising the event. They included Sharmin Hossain, Angie De LaGhetto, Nerdeen Kiswani, Zeina Alturk, Mila Lebron, Avia Michelle, Monique Thompson, Dalilah Freeman, Meli LaSalle, Coche Bomba, Shohag Ahmed, Donnie Donilon, Hasan İncedere, Michael Bellamy, Katrina Cortes, Sabin Rene Figaro, Thalmann Pradeep Pereira, Myles Glynn, Daniela Robles Martínez, Ayumila Hilai, Khalil Antonio Vasquez, Jeff Camp, Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero, Erick Moreno, Scott Williams, Bernadette Ellorin, Susie Abdel, Dan Cione, Abdu Salman, Percy Lujan, Rajib Lovesramen Miah, Vishal Singh, Avia Michelle, Marc Durougeot, Christopher Rieth, Rayn Cornielle, Louis Oprisa, Mike Legaspi, Bayu Patria, Merlin Miano Patramani, Shake Zula, Sabiha Azad, Jan Makovec, Josmar Trujillo, Kjell Gunnar Larsen, Shandell Is, Jasper Washa, Richard Finkelstein, Jared Flanery, Jose LaSalle, Behrooz Navaii, Alexi Shaaloom, Nick Maniace, Rey Valentin, Uthkarsh Dev, Owsspag Apollo, Rani Ghosson.
"LEFT FORUM: The Student Movement in NYC"
Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee organized an Event "LEFT FORUM: The Student Movement in NYC" in North Bergen 524 W 59th St,New York, Saturday 30 May 2015;
- This panel will feature speakers from diverse organizations and coalitions that operate in NYC to explore different progressive struggles and how they tie-in to the revolutionary students movement being created by the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee.
Those indicating their support/attendance on a Wherevent page advertising the Forum included Lisa Gagliardo, Salma Ayai, Jessie Joyce Meredith, Delta Nueve, Angelica Hernandez|Angie De LaGhetto, Tracy Lall, Mary Kay O'Donnell, Rayn Cornielle, Eva Nidzeeva, Amber Stacks, Susan Kingsland, Amy Jaquez, Millie Roy, Andrea Haulcoch, Paola Andrea Lebron, Mariadefatima Mosconi, Asha Cameron, Adelita Karla Cambio, Mariana Cruz Munoz, Hawa Omar, Emma Pliskin, Sarita Ahmed, Alexia Garcia, Nerdeen Kiswani, Lucy Parks, Izzi Creo, Sulafa Sahel, Avia Avia, Carol Vanessa Hurtado, Nadezhda Krupskaya, Danica Gabrielle Pagulayan, Charlotte Kates, Miguelina Castillo Veras, Cassie Brown, Maha Akhtar, Gabriela Bortolamedi, Alyssia Thompson, Sharmin Sadequee, Ev Er In, Dina Bint Abu Ahmed, Grace Li, Lynn Lewis, Doha Ayad, Kerry McLean, Teresa Alba, Angelica Lara, Melissa Foster, Nana Naomeh, Rowayda Widdi, Elisabeth Koechlin, Char Emma, Sharon Shaji, Lenore Holz, Patti Cruz, Livia Sa, Noran Elzarka, Zeina Alturk, Marisa Dos Santos, Krystle Star, Sydney Denee, Alexandra Chipkin, Julie Chen, Claire Hunter, Amena Othman, Isabelle Nastasia, Sharice Richards, Hanalei Somar, Katherine Azcona, Teressa Raiford, Monica Joy, Katie Merriman, Aliyah Hakim, Lisa Marie Crawford, Michelle Natanzon, Aber Kawas, Ma Mo, Alina Shen, Lourdes Carrasco, Sarah-Ann Mathew, Johanna Galvis, Katrina Cortes, Myrlaviani Perez-Rivier, Lin Biao, Joanna Trimble, Samantha Kostmayer, Nadia Swanson, Leena Weddy, Ameera Habibi Tariq, Tiffany Fotopoulos, Mila Lebron, Patrick Conway, Andrew Rosdolsky, Sonny Obhan, Kassem Nasser, Joshua Eli, Michael Hisry, Jose Ponce, Thomas van Beersum, Richard Finkelstein, Daniel Dunn, Jesse Nevel, Caleb-Michael Files, Il Lupo Cattivo, Jacob Ertel, Eddie Rosa Padilla, Sam Smith, Khalil Vasquez, Benjamin Haas, Mahmood Shabazz, Xavier Renoir, Daniel Gibbons, Sean Kennedy, Jon Laks, Aahil Talal Abdullah, Rey Valentin, Daniel Golebiewski, Javal Ghalil Minor, Marc Durougeot, Agyei Tyehimba, Richard Heart, Percy Lujan, Suro Pak, Rajib Lovesramen Miah, Emilio Zapa, Jose Luis Medina, Deniz Solmaz, Marco Antonio Quiroga, Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero, Irving Apantenco, Simon Peter Tangney, Antonis Karatarakis, Abdu Salman, Richard Lynch, Nathaniel Phillipps, Mohammad Hamad, Jan Makovec, Dominic Wetzel, Kevin Kang, Alan Warsaw, Jed Brandt, Aldo Ulisses Resendiz, Frederick Sumpter, Ace LaBeija, Tafadar Sourov, Xsavier Daniels, Jose Ramon Garcia-Madrid, Vic Vaiana, Sławek Krulak, Kazembe Balagun, Ashoka Jegroo, Far Han, David Salay, James Cersonsky, Vic Vaiana, Kareem Michael, Marianna Olinger.
Liaison Committee for a New Communist Party
Liaison Committee for a New Communist Party leadership as of 2015;
In order to become involved with the Liaison Committee process, please contact our national leadership:
- National Liaison: Khalil Vasquez
- NYC Branch Leader: Ateo Bracero
- Kansas City Branch Leader: Andres Herrera
- Red Guards – Los Angeles Branch Leader: Abimael Lucio Sucio
RSCC Winter retreat
First day of the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee Winter Retreat. What a better way to start off than a panel discussion featuring Christian Peruyero, founder of RSCC, and Ron McGuire, veteran of the CUNY struggle and participant of the 1969 strike at City College.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those invited, on Facebook included Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero.
- [https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/hunter-sds-info-bulletin/Px3MWhsgzaw/UjNzt0MkX5wJ Hunter SDS Info Bulletin › Fwd: EVENT! "Daring to Struggle, Daring to Win! Building a Radical Student Movement"2 posts by 1 author Lenny Maze]
- RSCC June 23, 2014 by revolutionarystudentsTHE REVOLUTIONARY POTENTIAL OF UNDOCUMENTED STUDENTS
- FRSO, Condemn the Vicious Beating of Two Activists by the NYPD! Posted on Monday June 20th, 2011 by Freedom Road Socialist Organization
- June 23, 2014 by revolutionarystudents THE REVOLUTIONARY POTENTIAL OF UNDOCUMENTED STUDENTS
- [ https://www.Facebook.com/RSCCNYC/photos/pb.375879352447810.-2207520000.1453952727./821573021211772/?type=3&theater FB Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee March 1, 2015]
- [ http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Revolutionary-Student-Coordinating-LEFT-FORUM-The-Student-Movement-in-NYC Wherevent LEFT FORUM: The Student Movement in NYC]
- http://blog.ncp.lc/about/Liaison Committee for a New Communist Party about]
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109