"Morales / Shakur Center" student suspensions events
On October 28, 2013, a City College administrator suspended Tafadar Sourov and Khalil Vasquez, two students who led demonstrations against the administration’s illegal raid and seizure of the Guillermo Morales / Assata Shakur Community Center. The Morales / Shakur Center is a space that has existed at City College for more than 20 years and was first won in 1989 through a mass student strike and occupations throughout CUNY.
- In response to the attacks on our student leaders, students and community say: WE ARE NOT AFRAID. Repression will not end the campaign to save the Morales / Shakur Center or the broader struggle to liberate CUNY for the people. Hundreds on campus and in the community will follow their example. Any punitive measures against Taffy and Khalil will only be a lesson to the people that the CCNY administration dismisses the people’s concerns and that the people must escalate their mass actions.
- Taffy and Khalil are fighting for the people, defending the last autonomous campus space that serves the community and defending the legacy of the people’s revolutionary heroes. THE PEOPLE MUST DEFEND TAFFY AND KHALIL. The people cannot stand aside and look as the City College administration attempts to isolate them and promote fake sellout student leaders who want to negotiate away the Center. The Center was won through struggle and will be reclaimed through struggle.
Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee organized a meeting in Edgewater, 160 Convent Avenue,New York, Friday 8 November 2013, to organize resistance. Those indicating their willingness to attend on the Wherevent website included Sonny Obhan.
"Summer Open Mic"
- This summer, RSCC is taking up the struggles of anti-police brutality, anti-gentrification, and immigration work primarily in communities in the Bronx, Harlem, Queens, and Brooklyn. Our days have been spent talking to high school students, giving talks on trains, performing cop-watch patrols, conducting studies and workshops, organizing and attending protests, and so much more. As a revolutionary student organization, it is our duty to fight for our people; this means that when we fight to liberate CUNY, we're not just looking out for the students, we're looking to create a base for revolutionary struggles to happen in our communities. Therefore, it is also our duty to take the fight straight to our neighborhoods and serve the people!
- We want everyone to support and join us in the months to come. Join us for a night of revolutionary culture through music, dance, poetry, spoken word, raffle prizes, and art. The floor is open to anyone who wants to perform.
Those indicating support or attendance on the event's Whenever page included Angie De LaGhetto, Lesh Vishwasrao, Felicia Castaldo, Meli LaSalle, Thasfia Chowdhury, Javal Ghalil Minor, Richard Finkelstein, Ibrahim Asad Siddiq, Far Han, Stephanie Zukasaka, Dakem Roberts, Nicole Fontan Sanchez, Ace LaBeija, Dan Cione, Sean Kennedy, Enbion Micah Aan, Daniel Carrillo, Rajib Lovesramen Miah, Achmat Akkad, Zishun Ning, Paul Funkhouser, Jon Laks, Michael Barber, Evan David, Jan Makovec, Miguel Rodriguez, Sankofa Taylor, Jasmine Abdelhady, Sonny Obhan, Xsavier Daniels, Albert A. Smith, IV, Nerdeen Kiswani, Yhamir Chabur, Josmar Trujillo, Ana Guillcatanda, Cathy Rojas, Shake Zula, Dave Uog, Khalil Vasquez, Daniel Gibbons, Percy Lujan, Erick Moreno, Jushima Peteso Elba, Tammie Marie David, Salma Ayai, Archer Sackey, Kim Morales, Daniel Dunn, Carah Naseem, Krutika Desai, Lauren Wilfong, Sharice Richards, Clayton Nino Brown , Rey Valentin, Eva Nidzeeva, Rachel J. Chapman, Nizum Khan, Maureen Silverman, Epiphany Epiphany, Ashley Ngozi Agbasoga, Rebecca Hensley, Nicole Bugarin, Jose Ponce, Tony Polanco-Bethancourt, Katie Merriman, Jamie Diamond, Fritzi Fredericka DeBeer Charno, Arlene Cornejal, Lisa MacDonald, Sophie Warren, Donnay Edmund, Marlo Jones, Katrina Cortes, Alexia Garcia, Stephanie Villeda, Narish Singh, Michelle Natanzon, Talii Malik, Katherine E. Vasquez, Kiara Chandler, Adelita Karla Cambio.
"LEFT FORUM: The Student Movement in NYC"
Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee organized an Event "LEFT FORUM: The Student Movement in NYC" in North Bergen 524 W 59th St,New York, Saturday 30 May 2015;
- This panel will feature speakers from diverse organizations and coalitions that operate in NYC to explore different progressive struggles and how they tie-in to the revolutionary students movement being created by the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee.
Those indicating their support/attendance on a Wherevent page advertising the Forum included Lisa Gagliardo, Salma Ayai, Jessie Joyce Meredith, Delta Nueve, Angelica Hernandez|Angie De LaGhetto, Tracy Lall, Mary Kay O'Donnell, Rayn Cornielle, Eva Nidzeeva, Amber Stacks, Susan Kingsland, Amy Jaquez, Millie Roy, Andrea Haulcoch, Paola Andrea Lebron, Mariadefatima Mosconi, Asha Cameron, Adelita Karla Cambio, Mariana Cruz Munoz, Hawa Omar, Emma Pliskin, Sarita Ahmed, Alexia Garcia, Nerdeen Kiswani, Lucy Parks, Izzi Creo, Sulafa Sahel, Avia Avia, Carol Vanessa Hurtado, Nadezhda Krupskaya, Danica Gabrielle Pagulayan, Charlotte Kates, Miguelina Castillo Veras, Cassie Brown, Maha Akhtar, Gabriela Bortolamedi, Alyssia Thompson, Sharmin Sadequee, Ev Er In, Dina Bint Abu Ahmed, Grace Li, Lynn Lewis, Doha Ayad, Kerry McLean, Teresa Alba, Angelica Lara, Melissa Foster, Nana Naomeh, Rowayda Widdi, Elisabeth Koechlin, Char Emma, Sharon Shaji, Lenore Holz, Patti Cruz, Livia Sa, Noran Elzarka, Zeina Alturk, Marisa Dos Santos, Krystle Star, Sydney Denee, Alexandra Chipkin, Julie Chen, Claire Hunter, Amena Othman, Isabelle Nastasia, Sharice Richards, Hanalei Somar, Katherine Azcona, Teressa Raiford, Monica Joy, Katie Merriman, Aliyah Hakim, Lisa Marie Crawford, Michelle Natanzon, Aber Kawas, Ma Mo, Alina Shen, Lourdes Carrasco, Sarah-Ann Mathew, Johanna Galvis, Katrina Cortes, Myrlaviani Perez-Rivier, Lin Biao, Joanna Trimble, Samantha Kostmayer, Nadia Swanson, Leena Weddy, Ameera Habibi Tariq, Tiffany Fotopoulos, Mila Lebron, Patrick Conway, Andrew Rosdolsky, Sonny Obhan, Kassem Nasser, Joshua Eli, Michael Hisry, Jose Ponce, Thomas van Beersum, Richard Finkelstein, Daniel Dunn, Jesse Nevel, Caleb-Michael Files, Il Lupo Cattivo, Jacob Ertel, Eddie Rosa Padilla, Sam Smith, Khalil Vasquez, Benjamin Haas, Mahmood Shabazz, Xavier Renoir, Daniel Gibbons, Sean Kennedy, Jon Laks, Aahil Talal Abdullah, Rey Valentin, Daniel Golebiewski, Javal Ghalil Minor, Marc Durougeot, Agyei Tyehimba, Richard Heart, Percy Lujan, Suro Pak, Rajib Lovesramen Miah, Emilio Zapa, Jose Luis Medina, Deniz Solmaz, Marco Antonio Quiroga, Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero, Irving Apantenco, Simon Peter Tangney, Antonis Karatarakis, Abdu Salman, Richard Lynch, Nathaniel Phillipps, Mohammad Hamad, Jan Makovec, Dominic Wetzel, Kevin Kang, Alan Warsaw, Jed Brandt, Aldo Ulisses Resendiz, Frederick Sumpter, Ace LaBeija, Tafadar Sourov, Xsavier Daniels, Jose Ramon Garcia-Madrid, Vic Vaiana, Sławek Krulak, Kazembe Balagun, Ashoka Jegroo, Far Han, David Salay, James Cersonskysky, Vic Vaiana, Kareem Michael, Marianna Olinger.
- Activities Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee Edgewater /
- Summer Open Mic Picture the Homeless 104 East 126th Street #1B, New York, NY 10035 Saturday 11 July 2015
- [ http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Revolutionary-Student-Coordinating-LEFT-FORUM-The-Student-Movement-in-NYC Wherevent LEFT FORUM: The Student Movement in NYC]