- 1 "Morales / Shakur Center" student suspensions event
- 2 CUNY 6
- 3 Anti-Petraeus demo
- 4 FDR highway march
- 5 RSCC Retreat 2014
- 6 RSCC Picture the Homeless meeting
- 7 RSCC Fundraiser and Open Mic - Three Years in the Struggle
- 8 International Working Women's Day Panel
- 9 "LEFT FORUM: The Student Movement in NYC"
- 10 RSCC supporter
- 11 Left Forum 2015
- 12 References
Angelica Hernandez is a New York City activism. She is also known as Angie De La Ghetto.
"Morales / Shakur Center" student suspensions event
On October 28, 2013, a City College administrator suspended Tafadar Sourov and Khalil Vasquez, two students who led demonstrations against the administration’s illegal raid and seizure of the Guillermo Morales / Assata Shakur Community Center. The Morales / Shakur Center is a space that has existed at City College for more than 20 years and was first won in 1989 through a mass student strike and occupations throughout CUNY.
- In response to the attacks on our student leaders, students and community say: WE ARE NOT AFRAID. Repression will not end the campaign to save the Morales / Shakur Center or the broader struggle to liberate CUNY for the people. Hundreds on campus and in the community will follow their example. Any punitive measures against Taffy and Khalil will only be a lesson to the people that the CCNY administration dismisses the people’s concerns and that the people must escalate their mass actions.
- Taffy and Khalil are fighting for the people, defending the last autonomous campus space that serves the community and defending the legacy of the people’s revolutionary heroes. THE PEOPLE MUST DEFEND TAFFY AND KHALIL. The people cannot stand aside and look as the City College administration attempts to isolate them and promote fake sellout student leaders who want to negotiate away the Center. The Center was won through struggle and will be reclaimed through struggle.
Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee organized a meeting in Edgewater, 160 Convent Avenue,New York, Friday 8 November 2013, to organize resistance. Those indicating their willingness to attend on the Whenever website included Angelica Hernandez.
Six demonstrators were arraigned Wednesday September 18, 2013 in Manhattan Criminal Court after a protest against ex-C.I.A. chief David Petraeus at the City University of New York got ugly.
About 75 people were marching on the sidewalk outside of Macaulay Honors College at 35 W. 67th St. on Tuesday when a fight broke out with cops, according to the criminal complaint.
Jose Disla, 25; Augustin Castro, 23; Denise Ford, 24; Angelica Hernandez, 18; and Rafael Pena, 24; were charged with obstruction of governmental administration, riot, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
But attorney Lamis Deek said the group had been peaceful.
“They did not touch or threaten those officers,” he said. “The only obstruction that happened was from the police.”
One of the students, Jose Disla, is a public affairs major at Baruch College. Along with Disla, Luis Henriquez, Augustin Castro, Denise Ford, Rafael Pena, Angelica Hernandez are members of the Ad Hoc Committee Against the Militarization of CUNY, a group that is protesting the hiring of ex-CIA director General David Petraeus to teach a fall seminar at Macaulay.
A press release issued by the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee (RSCC) stated that, “students were punched, slammed against vehicles and against the pavement by police captains and officers, after the NYPD forced them off the pavement and into the street.”
The committee is an offshoot of RSCC, an organization of CUNY students, faculty and professors. The main objective of the committee is to fight what they perceive as the militarization of CUNY through Petraeus’ position and the recent return of ROTC to City College. 
2 W 64th St,New York 29 October 2014, 17:30 -19:30.
Organized by : Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee.
- Last year students were suspended, a community center was illegally shut down and the City College campus turned into a police-run campus in order to suppress the movement led by CUNY students and faculty to drive ROTC and War Criminal David Petraeus out of our university. Now the Macaulay Honors College is inviting him to speak. Let's be there to let Petraeus know that CUNY rejects imperialism and its war criminals!
Many students an others indicated they would attend on the Whenever page advertising the event. They included Sharmin Hossain, Angie De LaGhetto, Nerdeen Kiswani, Zeina Alturk, Mila Lebron, Avia Michelle, Monique Thompson, Dalilah Freeman, Meli LaSalle, Coche Bomba, Shohag Ahmed, Donnie Donilon, Hasan İncedere, Michael Bellamy, Katrina Cortes, Sabin Rene Figaro, Thalmann Pradeep Pereira, Myles Glynn, Daniela Robles Martínez, Ayumila Hilai, Khalil Antonio Vasquez, Jeff Camp, Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero, Erick Moreno, Scott Williams, Bernadette Ellorin, Susie Abdel, Dan Cione, Abdu Salman, Percy Lujan, Rajib Lovesramen Miah, Vishal Singh, Avia Michelle, Marc Durougeot, Christopher Rieth, Rayn Cornielle, Louis Oprisa, Mike Legaspi, Bayu Patria, Merlin Miano Patramani, Shake Zula, Sabiha Azad, Jan Makovec, Josmar Trujillo, Kjell Gunnar Larsen, Shandell Is, Jasper Washa, Richard Finkelstein, Jared Flanery, Jose LaSalle, Behrooz Navaii, Alexi Shaaloom, Nick Maniace, Rey Valentin, Uthkarsh Dev, Owsspag Apollo, Rani Ghosson.
FDR highway march
Khalil Vasquez November 28, 2014:
Nov 25th, 2014: We came out for Ferguson, we came out for the lives taken by US Imperialism.
SJP, RSC and thousands of others on the fornt line taking the FDR highway.
"Thousands of people poured into the streets in NYC to demand justice for Mike Brown, and spent 6 hours marching all throughout the city- beginning in Union Square and ending at the Harlem state office building. There were also ra... See More — with Mona Kareem, Erick Moreno, Alexi Peace, Ernesto Perez, Kermit Jagger, Gargi Padki, Ruwayda Odeh, Katherine Vasquez, Angie Hernandez, Kas Nfinda, Mariama Cba, Kevin Morenito, Amanda Meltzer, Charlie Uptown, Denise C. Ford, Ezra Sholom, Percy Lujan, Shake Zula, Avia Michelle, Mikey David, Dan Cione and Tafadar Sourov.
RSCC Retreat 2014
Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee Retreat 2014. We are preparing for a new semester during which we will advance the struggle to liberate CUNY for the people, and transform it into a base area for revolutionary struggles for liberation!! — with Leon Joseph, Jan Makovec, Shake Zula, Tafadar Sourov, Erick Moreno, Moneek Moheeka, Miguel Makata, Meli LaSalle, Khalil Vasquez, Angie De LaGhetto, Asha Cameron, Persi D Lacan, Marisa Dos Santos, Amanda Meltzer, Ezra Sholom and Odochi E. Ibe.
RSCC Picture the Homeless meeting
March 1, 2015 Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee held a meeting at Picture the Homeless with Angie De LaGhetto, Ev Er In, Merv Blue, Ramsey Lovesramen, Leon Joseph, Moneek Moheeka, Tafadar Sourov, Archer Sackey, Nicole Bugarin, Viejo Chuleta, Mila Lebron, Charlie Uptown, Peruyero Bracero Christian Laureano, Lisa Gagliardo, Sankofa Taylor, Rani Allan, Meli LaSalle, Miguel Makata, Dan Cione and Khalil Vasquez.
RSCC Fundraiser and Open Mic - Three Years in the Struggle
Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee organized an event "RSCC Fundraiser and Open Mic - Three Years in the Struggle" at Picture the Homeless, 104-106 East 126 Street, Saturday 28 February 2015.
- For three years now, the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee(RSCC) has been serving the needs of oppressed nationality people of NYC by working toward the liberation of CUNY. We want CUNY, an institution which puts the interests of the state before the needs of the majority of NYC's population, working class people, to become bases for revolutionary struggles inside and outside the university.
Those indicating support or attendance on Wherevent included Lisa Gagliardo, Nicole Bugarin, Suzanne Bjorndal, Sankofa Taylor, Percy Lujan, Khalil Vasquez, Rajib Lovesramen Miah, Omar Rashid, Tafadar Sourov, Dan Cione, R-naby Shuma , Juan David Lopez Velez, Corey Uhl, Carlos A. Taveras, Jr., Jim Byrne, Marisa Dos Santos, Archer Sackey, Jon Laks, Angie De LaGhetto, Rockey Meitei Saphaba, Katrina Cortes, Rani Ghosson, Nizum Khan, Richard Finkelstein, Kenneth Fuglemsmo.
International Working Women's Day Panel
International Working Women's Day Panel, Hunter College West Building Cafeteria (Green Room), Wednesday 11 March 2015.
Organized by : Leon Joseph
Join us March 11th to discuss “What women’s liberation means to you?
- Organizers from different youth organizations Students for a Democratic Society at Hunter College, Students for Justice in Palestine at Hunter College, Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee, The Ya-Ya Network, and Anakbayan NY will speak on a panel celebrating International Women's Day and discuss what Women's Liberation looks like to their respective organizations and their political lines.
Many students an others indicated they would attend on the Whenever page advertising the event. They included Neda Kit, Medina Beqiri, Michelle Natanzon, Farah Rah, Tanha Tabassum AlSheikhdallah , Zayneb Almiggabber, Mila Lebron , Archer Sackey, Belal Bahader, Sean Kennedy, Omar Rashid, Zeina Alturk, Don Tagala, Salma Ismaiel, Aatika Al Bashir, Richard Finkelstein,Ashley Ngozi Agbasoga, Percy Lujan, Zeina Alturk, Tafadar Sourov, Leon Joseph, Jessie Sander, Angie De LaGhetto, Noran Elzarka, Lisa Gagliardo, Meli LaSalle, Rockey Meitei Saphaba, Eman Youssef, Narish Singh, Polilla Ramirez, Lara Maher, Izabela Qafa, Samer Khawaja, Zeina Alturk, Irving Apantenco, Yousr Shaltout, Arlene Cornejal, Mike Legaspi, Sankofa Taylor, Avia Avia, Katherine Azcona, Dan Cione, Jon Laks, Erick Moreno, Rey Valentin, Rani Ghosson.
"LEFT FORUM: The Student Movement in NYC"
Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee organized an Event "LEFT FORUM: The Student Movement in NYC" in North Bergen 524 W 59th St,New York, Saturday 30 May 2015;
- This panel will feature speakers from diverse organizations and coalitions that operate in NYC to explore different progressive struggles and how they tie-in to the revolutionary students movement being created by the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee.
Those indicating their support/attendance on a Wherevent page advertising the Forum included Lisa Gagliardo, Salma Ayai, Jessie Joyce Meredith, Delta Nueve, Angelica Hernandez|Angie De LaGhetto, Tracy Lall, Mary Kay O'Donnell, Rayn Cornielle, Eva Nidzeeva, Amber Stacks, Susan Kingsland, Amy Jaquez, Millie Roy, Andrea Haulcoch, Paola Andrea Lebron, Mariadefatima Mosconi, Asha Cameron, Adelita Karla Cambio, Mariana Cruz Munoz, Hawa Omar, Emma Pliskin, Sarita Ahmed, Alexia Garcia, Nerdeen Kiswani, Lucy Parks, Izzi Creo, Sulafa Sahel, Avia Avia, Carol Vanessa Hurtado, Nadezhda Krupskaya, Danica Gabrielle Pagulayan, Charlotte Kates, Miguelina Castillo Veras, Cassie Brown, Maha Akhtar, Gabriela Bortolamedi, Alyssia Thompson, Sharmin Sadequee, Ev Er In, Dina Bint Abu Ahmed, Grace Li, Lynn Lewis, Doha Ayad, Kerry McLean, Teresa Alba, Angelica Lara, Melissa Foster, Nana Naomeh, Rowayda Widdi, Elisabeth Koechlin, Char Emma, Sharon Shaji, Lenore Holz, Patti Cruz, Livia Sa, Noran Elzarka, Zeina Alturk, Marisa Dos Santos, Krystle Star, Sydney Denee, Alexandra Chipkin, Julie Chen, Claire Hunter, Amena Othman, Isabelle Nastasia, Sharice Richards, Hanalei Somar, Katherine Azcona, Teressa Raiford, Monica Joy, Katie Merriman, Aliyah Hakim, Lisa Marie Crawford, Michelle Natanzon, Aber Kawas, Ma Mo, Alina Shen, Lourdes Carrasco, Sarah-Ann Mathew, Johanna Galvis, Katrina Cortes, Myrlaviani Perez-Rivier, Lin Biao, Joanna Trimble, Samantha Kostmayer, Nadia Swanson, Leena Weddy, Ameera Habibi Tariq, Tiffany Fotopoulos, Mila Lebron, Patrick Conway, Andrew Rosdolsky, Sonny Obhan, Kassem Nasser, Joshua Eli, Michael Hisry, Jose Ponce, Thomas van Beersum, Richard Finkelstein, Daniel Dunn, Jesse Nevel, Caleb-Michael Files, Il Lupo Cattivo, Jacob Ertel, Eddie Rosa Padilla, Sam Smith, Khalil Vasquez, Benjamin Haas, Mahmood Shabazz, Xavier Renoir, Daniel Gibbons, Sean Kennedy, Jon Laks, Aahil Talal Abdullah, Rey Valentin, Daniel Golebiewski, Javal Ghalil Minor, Marc Durougeot, Agyei Tyehimba, Richard Heart, Percy Lujan, Suro Pak, Rajib Lovesramen Miah, Emilio Zapa, Jose Luis Medina, Deniz Solmaz, Marco Antonio Quiroga, Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero, Irving Apantenco, Simon Peter Tangney, Antonis Karatarakis, Abdu Salman, Richard Lynch, Nathaniel Phillipps, Mohammad Hamad, Jan Makovec, Dominic Wetzel, Kevin Kang, Alan Warsaw, Jed Brandt, Aldo Ulisses Resendiz, Frederick Sumpter, Ace LaBeija, Tafadar Sourov, Xsavier Daniels, Jose Ramon Garcia-Madrid, Vic Vaiana, Sławek Krulak, Kazembe Balagun, Ashoka Jegroo, Far Han, David Salay, James Cersonskysky, Vic Vaiana, Kareem Michael, Marianna Olinger.
Left Forum 2015
The Student Movement in NYC
- Percy Lujan Chair, is currently the Agitation/Propaganda Officer of the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee, a leader in the immigration movement inside and outside of CUNY, and an organizer against gentrification in Queens.
- Angelica Hernandez is member of the CUNY 6, future president of NYU-Students for Justice in Palestine and chair of Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee .
- Sean Kennedy former journalist, PhD student in English at the Graduate Center of CUNY, working on global political economy, decolonization, and cultural and media form. Coordinator of advocacy and education for the CUNY Adjunct Project, organizer of the MLA Subconference, member of Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee
- Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero "is a CUNY student organizer for 8 years, a member of the Lehman DREAM Team and founder/creator of the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee . Now Ateo is leaving RSCC and the student movement in order to organize around the issues impacting people in The Bronx such as police brutality and gentrification."
- Activities Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee Edgewater /
- New York Daily News, CUNY students arrested protesting David Petraeus teaching gigBY SHAYNA JACOBS, CORINNE LESTCH NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Wednesday, September 18, 2013,
- [http://ticker.baruchconnect.com/article/six-cuny-students-arrested-at-petraeus-protest/Baruch Connect, Six CUNY students arrested at Petraeus protest Article by - September 26th, 2013By Robin Frankel ]
- [ https://www.Facebook.com/RSCCNYC/photos/pb.375879352447810.-2207520000.1453952727./821573021211772/?type=3&theater FB Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee March 1, 2015]
- http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Revolutionary-Student-Coordinating-RSCC-Fundraiser-and-Open-Mic-Three-Years-in-the-Stuggle RSCC Fundraiser and Open Mic - Three Years in the Struggle]
- vent in New York Hunter College West Building Cafeteria (Green Room) Wednesday 11 March 2015
- [ http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Revolutionary-Student-Coordinating-LEFT-FORUM-The-Student-Movement-in-NYC Wherevent LEFT FORUM: The Student Movement in NYC]