Freedom Road meeting
Spring 2015, the New York/New Jersey District of Freedom Road Socialist Organization sponsored a forum entitled “Ferguson: The Movement So Far and Lessons for Coming Struggles.” The first speaker was "our comrade", Montague Simmons, Chair of the legendary Organization for Black Struggle in St. Louis.
The meeting was held 39 Eldridge St,New York, 19 March 2015. Organized by Eric Odell.
- Speaking for the first time in NYC since the police murder of Michael Brown, the chair of OBS, which played a major role in the Ferguson protests, discusses the new strategies, organizational forms and social forces that emerged there, and how the movement was sustained. Loyda Colon will reflect on the Justice Committee’s work organizing with families directly impacted by police violence, and will share their thoughts on the current movement in NYC.
- Together they will share their thoughts on key questions for the movements against police abuse that are erupting around the country. How do we hold together broad united fronts with different generations, cultures, classes and political perspectives? What’s the role of anti-capitalists and socialists? What kind of policing reforms do we want and how do they relate to other issues in our communities, and to radical social transformation?
Those signalling their intention to attend on Wherevent included John McCarthy, Juliet Ucelli, Betty Yu, Lily Defriend, Wai Yee Poon, David Unger, Matthew Tinker, Ryan Briles, Enbion Micah Aan, Erick Moreno, Terry Marshall, Jesse Baboo, Daniel Tasripin, Anton Han Kiang, Starlitekid Cosmos, Clayton Nino Brown, Miguel Marrero-Bermudez, Joy Schulman, Jeanne D. Shaw, Mark Swier, Stephanie Zukasaka, Denise Chupacabral, Anne Mitchell, Emma Pliskin, Oriana Roeckraeyer, Lara Shepard-Blue, Karly Safar, Robina Rai, Man See Kong, Teresa Basilio, Aisha Shillingford, Adriana Cruz, Ofie Virtucio, Rivka Paradis, Katrina Cortes, Sharice Richards.
"LEFT FORUM: The Student Movement in NYC"
Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee organized an Event "LEFT FORUM: The Student Movement in NYC" in North Bergen 524 W 59th St,New York, Saturday 30 May 2015;
- This panel will feature speakers from diverse organizations and coalitions that operate in NYC to explore different progressive struggles and how they tie-in to the revolutionary students movement being created by the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee.
Those indicating their support/attendance on a Wherevent page advertising the Forum included Lisa Gagliardo, Salma Ayai, Jessie Joyce Meredith, Delta Nueve, Angelica Hernandez|Angie De LaGhetto, Tracy Lall, Mary Kay O'Donnell, Rayn Cornielle, Eva Nidzeeva, Amber Stacks, Susan Kingsland, Amy Jaquez, Millie Roy, Andrea Haulcoch, Paola Andrea Lebron, Mariadefatima Mosconi, Asha Cameron, Adelita Karla Cambio, Mariana Cruz Munoz, Hawa Omar, Emma Pliskin, Sarita Ahmed, Alexia Garcia, Nerdeen Kiswani, Lucy Parks, Izzi Creo, Sulafa Sahel, Avia Avia, Carol Vanessa Hurtado, Nadezhda Krupskaya, Danica Gabrielle Pagulayan, Charlotte Kates, Miguelina Castillo Veras, Cassie Brown, Maha Akhtar, Gabriela Bortolamedi, Alyssia Thompson, Sharmin Sadequee, Ev Er In, Dina Bint Abu Ahmed, Grace Li, Lynn Lewis, Doha Ayad, Kerry McLean, Teresa Alba, Angelica Lara, Melissa Foster, Nana Naomeh, Rowayda Widdi, Elisabeth Koechlin, Char Emma, Sharon Shaji, Lenore Holz, Patti Cruz, Livia Sa, Noran Elzarka, Zeina Alturk, Marisa Dos Santos, Krystle Star, Sydney Denee, Alexandra Chipkin, Julie Chen, Claire Hunter, Amena Othman, Isabelle Nastasia, Sharice Richards, Hanalei Somar, Katherine Azcona, Teressa Raiford, Monica Joy, Katie Merriman, Aliyah Hakim, Lisa Marie Crawford, Michelle Natanzon, Aber Kawas, Ma Mo, Alina Shen, Lourdes Carrasco, Sarah-Ann Mathew, Johanna Galvis, Katrina Cortes, Myrlaviani Perez-Rivier, Lin Biao, Joanna Trimble, Samantha Kostmayer, Nadia Swanson, Leena Weddy, Ameera Habibi Tariq, Tiffany Fotopoulos, Mila Lebron, Patrick Conway, Andrew Rosdolsky, Sonny Obhan, Kassem Nasser, Joshua Eli, Michael Hisry, Jose Ponce, Thomas van Beersum, Richard Finkelstein, Daniel Dunn, Jesse Nevel, Caleb-Michael Files, Il Lupo Cattivo, Jacob Ertel, Eddie Rosa Padilla, Sam Smith, Khalil Vasquez, Benjamin Haas, Mahmood Shabazz, Xavier Renoir, Daniel Gibbons, Sean Kennedy, Jon Laks, Aahil Talal Abdullah, Rey Valentin, Daniel Golebiewski, Javal Ghalil Minor, Marc Durougeot, Agyei Tyehimba, Richard Heart, Percy Lujan, Suro Pak, Rajib Lovesramen Miah, Emilio Zapa, Jose Luis Medina, Deniz Solmaz, Marco Antonio Quiroga, Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero, Irving Apantenco, Simon Peter Tangney, Antonis Karatarakis, Abdu Salman, Richard Lynch, Nathaniel Phillipps, Mohammad Hamad, Jan Makovec, Dominic Wetzel, Kevin Kang, Alan Warsaw, Jed Brandt, Aldo Ulisses Resendiz, Frederick Sumpter, Ace LaBeija, Tafadar Sourov, Xsavier Daniels, Jose Ramon Garcia-Madrid, Vic Vaiana, Sławek Krulak, Kazembe Balagun, Ashoka Jegroo, Far Han, David Salay, James Cersonsky, Vic Vaiana, Kareem Michael, Marianna Olinger.
- FRSO, An In-Depth Look at the Ferguson Eruption: Organization for Black Struggle Leader Lays It Out Posted on Thursday August 13th, 2015 by FRSO/OSCL
- [http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Eric-Odell-Ferguson-The-Movement-So-Far-and-Lessons-for-Coming-Struggles Whereevent, Activities New York / Description A Discussion with Montague Simmons]
- Wherevent, A Discussion with Montague Simmons
- [ http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Revolutionary-Student-Coordinating-LEFT-FORUM-The-Student-Movement-in-NYC Wherevent LEFT FORUM: The Student Movement in NYC]