Rafael E. Peña Ortega is a New York City activist.
Early RSCC comrades
Khalil Vasquez September 19, 2012:
Khalil Vasquez December 25, 2012:
With Jose Garcia, Zhana Xhamila, Afua Kesse, Agust Freeman, Caro Yau, Tom Watts, Carlito Salinas, Charlie Uptown, Carlos Blanco, Ernst J. Pierre, Moises Delgado, Kas Nfinda, Fernanda Pardo, Tehmina Mina, Angela Mal, Sony Cabral, Erick Moreno, Rafael E. Peña Ortega, Alfred Ortiz, Freddy Bastone, Naveen Naqvi, Marcel Cartier, Carlos Azeban Ekwensu, Deyanira Genao, Felicia Bishop, Kazembe Balagun, Robert DaRosa, Tafadar Sourov, Davd Nspach, Dennis O'Neil and D'Opportunist Pierre Falbo.
"Morales / Shakur Center" student suspensions event
On October 28, 2013, a City College administrator suspended Tafadar Sourov and Khalil Vasquez, two students who led demonstrations against the administration’s illegal raid and seizure of the Guillermo Morales / Assata Shakur Community Center. The Morales / Shakur Center is a space that has existed at City College for more than 20 years and was first won in 1989 through a mass student strike and occupations throughout CUNY.
- In response to the attacks on our student leaders, students and community say: WE ARE NOT AFRAID. Repression will not end the campaign to save the Morales / Shakur Center or the broader struggle to liberate CUNY for the people. Hundreds on campus and in the community will follow their example. Any punitive measures against Taffy and Khalil will only be a lesson to the people that the CCNY administration dismisses the people’s concerns and that the people must escalate their mass actions.
- Taffy and Khalil are fighting for the people, defending the last autonomous campus space that serves the community and defending the legacy of the people’s revolutionary heroes. THE PEOPLE MUST DEFEND TAFFY AND KHALIL. The people cannot stand aside and look as the City College administration attempts to isolate them and promote fake sellout student leaders who want to negotiate away the Center. The Center was won through struggle and will be reclaimed through struggle.
Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee organized a meeting in Edgewater, 160 Convent Avenue,New York, Friday 8 November 2013, to organize resistance. Those indicating their willingness to attend on the Whenever website included Rafael Pena.
Six demonstrators were arraigned Wednesday September 18, 2013 in Manhattan Criminal Court after a protest against ex-C.I.A. chief David Petraeus at the City University of New York got ugly.
About 75 people were marching on the sidewalk outside of Macaulay Honors College at 35 W. 67th St. on Tuesday when a fight broke out with cops, according to the criminal complaint.
Jose Disla, 25; Augustin Castro, 23; Denise Ford, 24; Angelica Hernandez, 18; and Rafael Pena, 24; were charged with obstruction of governmental administration, riot, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
But attorney Lamis Deek said the group had been peaceful.
“They did not touch or threaten those officers,” he said. “The only obstruction that happened was from the police.”
One of the students, Jose Disla, is a public affairs major at Baruch College. Along with Disla, Luis Henriquez, Augustin Castro, Denise Ford, Rafael Pena, Angelica Hernandez are members of the Ad Hoc Committee Against the Militarization of CUNY, a group that is protesting the hiring of ex-CIA director General David Petraeus to teach a fall seminar at Macaulay.
A press release issued by the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee (RSCC) stated that, “students were punched, slammed against vehicles and against the pavement by police captains and officers, after the NYPD forced them off the pavement and into the street.”
The committee is an offshoot of RSCC, an organization of CUNY students, faculty and professors. The main objective of the committee is to fight what they perceive as the militarization of CUNY through Petraeus’ position and the recent return of ROTC to City College. 
"PACK THE COURT: DEFEND THE CUNY6, KHALIL & TAFFY"
100 Centre Street, New York, Thursday 9 January 2014, organized by Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee, "PACK THE COURT: DEFEND THE CUNY6, KHALIL & TAFFY".
- The CUNY 6 and Khalil and Taffy have open criminal cases with ongoing court appearances. All 8 students are set to appear in court on January 9th, 2014 at 9:00 am, at 100 Centre Street. We call upon all students, faculty, and members of the community to come out and pack the courts on January 9th in support of the CUNY 6 and Khalil and Taffy.
Those indicating support or attendance on Wherevent, included Yanett Ramirez, Denise Lupita Romero, Padraic O'Brien, Zulai Romero,Tommy Maggio,Gregoire Jacques, Far Han, Miguel Rodriguez, Ben Fredericks, Christian Laureano Peruyero Bracero, Narish Singh, Norman Clement, Nick Maniace,Ramiro Funez, Jesse Eyezen Marcus, Karsten Kvistad, Tony Troy Yashin, Freddy Gee, Nadine Aly, Ramya Ramana, Stephanie Zukasaka, Brad Sigal, Cathy Rojas, Josefina La China, Elisa Lorde, Bayu Patria, Harly Rodmarti, Freddy Bastone,Robert Moore,Elliot Vazquez, Josmar Trujillo, Andrew Pollack, Dan McKenzie, Micah Ascaso, Joslyn Alexis, Joe DeWeezy,Maria Volpe,Tony Troy Yashin, Neda Kit, Percy Lujan, Khalil Vasquez, William Simon Kang, Rajib Lovesramen Miah, Daniel Pana,Mariam Castillo,Rafael E. Pena, Akash Rahman, Agust Freeman, Roselle Valerio, Roselle Valerio, Analisa Svehaug, Tafadar Sourov,Juan Alberto Perez Vera,Elif Fatıma Gorken, Marisa Jalo, Linda Morales, Isis K. Colon, Sharmin Hossain, Nicole Husbands, Abdu Salman, Rey Valentin, Erick Moreno, Hoda Mitwally, Alice Feng, David Suker, Raj Maheshwari
Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee
Rafael Pena is a member of the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee. Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee members handling the food and drinks station — with Rafael E. Peña Ortega, Persi D Lacan, Dustin Ponder and Joel Cabrera at Picture the Homeless July 2014 .
- Activities Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee Edgewater /
- New York Daily News, CUNY students arrested protesting David Petraeus teaching gigBY SHAYNA JACOBS, CORINNE LESTCH NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Wednesday, September 18, 2013,
- [http://ticker.baruchconnect.com/article/six-cuny-students-arrested-at-petraeus-protest/Baruch Connect, Six CUNY students arrested at Petraeus protest Article by - September 26th, 2013By Robin Frankel ]