Luis Henriquez is a New York City activist. He is also known as Luis Henriquez|Viejo Chuleta.
“Take Back CUNY!”
“Take Back CUNY!” strategic dialogue and action plan
Friday, November 15th 2013, CUNY Graduate Center, 365 Fifth Avenue at 34th St., Room C201/C202.
Join CUNY students, faculty, staff, and community in a strategic dialogue and action plan to resist: militarization of CUNY with Petraeus, ROTC, research, and recruitment, theft of student & community spaces like the Morales/Shakur Center, repression of activism and dissent through the CUNY Board of Trustees “Policy on Expressive Conduct” and arrests/suspensions/jail-time of CUNY student organizers, turning colleges into corporations, labor exploitation
Confirmed speakers: Sharmin Hossain ( Ya-Ya Network), Luis Henriquez (Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee), Glenn Petersen (Professional Staff Congress – Baruch College), Renate Bridenthal (Professional Staff Congress – International Committee).
Six demonstrators were arraigned Wednesday September 18, 2013 in Manhattan Criminal Court after a protest against ex-C.I.A. chief David Petraeus at the City University of New York got ugly.
About 75 people were marching on the sidewalk outside of Macaulay Honors College at 35 W. 67th St. on Tuesday when a fight broke out with cops, according to the criminal complaint.
Jose Disla, 25; Augustin Castro, 23; Denise Ford, 24; Angelica Hernandez, 18; and Rafael Pena, 24; were charged with obstruction of governmental administration, riot, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
But attorney Lamis Deek said the group had been peaceful.
“They did not touch or threaten those officers,” he said. “The only obstruction that happened was from the police.”
CUNY student Luis Henriquez, 25 claims he was struck by cops while protesting.
One of the students, Jose Disla, is a public affairs major at Baruch College. Along with Disla, Luis Henriquez, Augustin Castro, Denise Ford, Rafael Pena, Angelica Hernandez are members of the Ad Hoc Committee Against the Militarization of CUNY, a group that is protesting the hiring of ex-CIA director General David Petraeus to teach a fall seminar at Macaulay.
A press release issued by the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee (RSCC) stated that, “students were punched, slammed against vehicles and against the pavement by police captains and officers, after the NYPD forced them off the pavement and into the street.”
The committee is an offshoot of RSCC, an organization of CUNY students, faculty and professors. The main objective of the committee is to fight what they perceive as the militarization of CUNY through Petraeus’ position and the recent return of ROTC to City College. 
CUNY Board of Trustees protest
- NEW YORK CITY – CUNY students call for a protest picket on the afternoon of Monday, June 25 outside the regular meeting of the CUNY Board of Trustees, when the Board will give massive pay raises to CUNY administrators, including a quarter-million dollar pay raise (54%) to Chancellor Goldstein.
- CUNY is denying admission to more and more Black and Latino students based on its so-called rising "academic standards," while Baruch College's Zicklin School of Business was recently caught fixing the grades of failing students who work for Wall Street firms. CUNY uses one set of "academic standards" to deny admission to working-class Black and Latino students and fudges another set of "academic standards" for Wall Street executives whose tuition is paid for by their firms. Despite these twin scandals, the paper-pushing non-producing parasites on the Board are planning to congratulate administrators with outrageous salary increases on June 25.
- Join the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee on June 25 to protest against these outrages!
Those indicating their intention to attend on the Whenever website notice of the event were Tajh Danielle Sutton, Irving Apantenco, Jose Garcia , Alfred Ortiz, AJ Venkat, Manny Jalonschi, Caroline Wong, Aaron Samsel, Aubeen Lopez, Larry Hales, Owusu-Chief Anane, Christine Culpepper De Ruiz, Armide Jean Noel, Rey Valentin, Avrilage Aliss, Tasneem Aljayyousi, Ben Becker, Josephine Kirata Chumpitaz, Álvaro Franco, Skanda Kadirgamar, Taiquan Wells, Moises Delgado, Meli LaSalle, Mascella Napoli, Tommy Maggio, Khalil Vasquez, Agust Freeman, Yves Nibungco, Terance Podolski, Kazembe Balagun, Juan Cho, Devin Anahuac Marcia, Erick Moreno , Far Han, Emmanuel Pardilla, Ben Fredericks, Freddy Bastone, Eric Del Barrio Nava, Emilio Guari, Diego Hernandez, Robert O'Connor, Randy Sidberry, Manuel Tejada, Luis Henriquez|Viejo Chuleta , Marilicus Zhang, Brian Hudson, Larry Davis, Resa Del Sol, Erika Jacome, Cecelia Adams, Aminah Wallace, Stephanie Buendia, Naveen Naqvi, Josefina La China. 
"Morales / Shakur Center" student suspensions events
On October 28, 2013, a City College administrator suspended Tafadar Sourov and Khalil Vasquez, two students who led demonstrations against the administration’s illegal raid and seizure of the Guillermo Morales / Assata Shakur Community Center. The Morales / Shakur Center is a space that has existed at City College for more than 20 years and was first won in 1989 through a mass student strike and occupations throughout CUNY.
- In response to the attacks on our student leaders, students and community say: WE ARE NOT AFRAID. Repression will not end the campaign to save the Morales / Shakur Center or the broader struggle to liberate CUNY for the people. Hundreds on campus and in the community will follow their example. Any punitive measures against Taffy and Khalil will only be a lesson to the people that the CCNY administration dismisses the people’s concerns and that the people must escalate their mass actions.
- Taffy and Khalil are fighting for the people, defending the last autonomous campus space that serves the community and defending the legacy of the people’s revolutionary heroes. THE PEOPLE MUST DEFEND TAFFY AND KHALIL. The people cannot stand aside and look as the City College administration attempts to isolate them and promote fake sellout student leaders who want to negotiate away the Center. The Center was won through struggle and will be reclaimed through struggle.
Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee organized a meeting in Edgewater, 160 Convent Avenue,New York, Friday 8 November 2013, to organize resistance. Those indicating their willingness to attend on the Wherevent website included Luis Henriquez.
RSCC Picture the Homeless meeting
March 1, 2015 Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee held a meeting at Picture the Homeless with Angie De LaGhetto, Ev Er In, Merv Blue, Ramsey Lovesramen, Leon Joseph, Moneek Moheeka, Tafadar Sourov, Archer Sackey, Nicole Bugarin, Luis Henriquez|Viejo Chuleta , Mila Lebron, Charlie Uptown, Peruyero Bracero Christian Laureano, Lisa Gagliardo, Sankofa Taylor, Rani Allan, Meli LaSalle, Miguel Makata, Dan Cione and Khalil Vasquez.
Left Forum 2015
Contemporary Topics on Maoism
- Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero Chair, Maosoleum Blog
- Meli LaSalle Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee
- Khalil Vasquez Liaison Committee for a New Communist Party
- Luis Henriquez Students Without Borders
- Forum, Forum Post: CUNY’s freedom is under attack – Stand up, Fight back! Posted 2 years ago on Nov. 14, 2013
- New York Daily News, CUNY students arrested protesting David Petraeus teaching gigBY SHAYNA JACOBS, CORINNE LESTCH NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Wednesday, September 18, 2013,
- [http://ticker.baruchconnect.com/article/six-cuny-students-arrested-at-petraeus-protest/Baruch Connect, Six CUNY students arrested at Petraeus protest Article by - September 26th, 2013By Robin Frankel ]
- Whenever Event CUNY SHUTS OUT BLACK AND LATINO STUDENTS, FIXES GRADES FOR WALL STREET EXECS … AND THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES IS GIVING THE ADMINISTRATION A PAY-RAISE!FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEJune 19, 2012
- Activities Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee Edgewater /
- [ https://www.facebook.com/RSCCNYC/photos/pb.375879352447810.-2207520000.1453952727./821573021211772/?type=3&theater FB Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee March 1, 2015]
- [https://www.facebook.com/events/1451027945189819/NYC Rise Up and #ShutItDown for Baltimore Khalil Antonio Vasquez May 2, 2015]