Augustin Castro is a member of the Freedom Road Socialist Organization.
Monday, 19 December 2011, "A Plebeian View Forum On The Prison Industrial Complex" at the Harlem State Office Building.
- Amir Ali from the Campaign to End the New Jim Crow
- Dell Smitherman, 1199/SEIU Political Coordinator
- Augustin Castro, IGNITE and Freedom Road Socialist Organization
- Iz, October 22 Coalition to Stop Police Brutality, Repression and the Criminalization of a Generation
Our Children Are Not Criminals!
Thursday, April 26, 2012, A Plebeian View forum: Our Children Are Not Criminals! Fighting the Prison-Industrial Complex, Brownsville Heritage House 581 Mother Gaston Boulevard, Brownsville, Brooklyn
Muata Greene, past president of Coalition of Black Trade Unionists, NYC Chapter, creator of Plebeian View blog
- Dell Smitherman, 1199/SEIU
- Melissa Rodriguez LaSalle, Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee (RSCC)
- LaMont OyeWale' Badru, MXGM and Black Legacy (Black Student Union at Lehman)
- Augustin Castro, FRSO/OSCL
Sponsored by LennyGreen.com and Freedom Road Socialist Organization / Organizacion Socialista del Camino para la Libertad.
Six demonstrators were arraigned Wednesday September 18, 2013 in Manhattan Criminal Court after a protest against ex-C.I.A. chief David Petraeus at the City University of New York got ugly.
About 75 people were marching on the sidewalk outside of Macaulay Honors College at 35 W. 67th St. on Tuesday when a fight broke out with cops, according to the criminal complaint.
Jose Disla, 25; Augustin Castro, 23; Denise Ford, 24; Angelica Hernandez, 18; and Rafael Pena, 24; were charged with obstruction of governmental administration, riot, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
But attorney Lamis Deek said the group had been peaceful.
“They did not touch or threaten those officers,” he said. “The only obstruction that happened was from the police.”
One of the students, Jose Disla, is a public affairs major at Baruch College. Along with Disla, Luis Henriquez, Augustin Castro, Denise Ford, Rafael Pena, Angelica Hernandez are members of the Ad Hoc Committee Against the Militarization of CUNY, a group that is protesting the hiring of ex-CIA director General David Petraeus to teach a fall seminar at Macaulay.
A press release issued by the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee (RSCC) stated that, “students were punched, slammed against vehicles and against the pavement by police captains and officers, after the NYPD forced them off the pavement and into the street.”
The committee is an offshoot of RSCC, an organization of CUNY students, faculty and professors. The main objective of the committee is to fight what they perceive as the militarization of CUNY through Petraeus’ position and the recent return of ROTC to City College. 
- A Plebeian View Forum On The Prison Industrial Complex
- New York Daily News, CUNY students arrested protesting David Petraeus teaching gigBY SHAYNA JACOBS, CORINNE LESTCH NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Wednesday, September 18, 2013,
- [http://ticker.baruchconnect.com/article/six-cuny-students-arrested-at-petraeus-protest/Baruch Connect, Six CUNY students arrested at Petraeus protest Article by - September 26th, 2013By Robin Frankel ]