- 1 WEB DuBois Clubs of America
- 2 1980s U.S. Peace Council Executive Board
- 3 Communist Party reformer
- 4 Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
- 5 Committees of Correspondence
- 6 Committees of Correspondence NCC
- 7 2013 CCDS National Coordinating Committee
- 8 LLP leadership
- 9 Mapping Socialist Strategies
- 10 CCDS at the 2015 Left Forum
- 11 Freedom Road meeting
- 12 "BILL FLETCHER JR, ED OTT & OTHERS"
- 13 2016 CCDS National Coordinating Committee
- 14 Left Labor Project Presents: What Happened? What Now?
- 15 CCDS Democracy Charter Study Group
- 16 References
Anne Mitchell is a New York City activist.
WEB DuBois Clubs of America
In 2014, Anne Mitchell, was listed a a friend on the DuBois Clubs Facebook page.
1980s U.S. Peace Council Executive Board
Communist Party reformer
In 1991, Anne Mitchell , New York, was one of several hundred Communist Party USA members to sign the a paper "An initiative to Unite and Renew the Party"-most signatories left the Party after the December 1991 conference to found Committees of Correspondence.
Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
The Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s was the Committees of Correspondence's first national conference held in Berkeley, California July 17-19, 1992.
Workshops that were held at the conference on Saturday, July 18 included:
Socialist U.S. Toward a Socialist United States? Reshaping the vision and charting a path. Is it possible? On what basis?
- Dr. Keith Baird, DSA
- Barry Cohen, CoC Implementation Committee, NY
- Matthew Hallinan, DSA, No CA
- David McReynolds, national co-chair, Socialist Party USA, NY
- Denise Young, Rochester CoC, NY
- Anne Mitchell, organizer, Writer's Union, NY
Committees of Correspondence
Marilyn Albert, Mael Apollon, Carl Bloice, Barbara Blong, Barry Cohen, David Cohen, Otis Cunningham, Carl Davidson, Mort Frank, Todd Freeberg, Pat Fry, Marian Gordon, Ira Grupper, June Hemmingson, Ed Hemmingson, Fred Hicks, Duncan McFarland, Anne Mitchell, Maxine Orris, Ted Pearson, Gina Pesulima-Palencar, Edith Pollach, Marty Price, Merle Ratner, Jay Schaffner, Jae Scharlin, Mike Stein, Harry Targ, Walter Teague, Meta Van Sickle, Steve Willett and Mildred Williamson.
Committees of Correspondence NCC
2013 CCDS National Coordinating Committee
Anne Mitchell, New York, was elected in 2013 to the Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism National Coordinating Committee;
At the September 16th 2011 meeting of the Left Labor Project, a leadership body was elected which includes Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism leaders, Pat Fry as Recording Secretary and Anne Mitchell as CCDS organizational representative. Among others elected were LLP Coordinator Larry Moskowitz who is national organizer for the Working Families Party, Jim Perlstein, an officer of the Professional Staff Union which represents faculty of the City University of New York, Lester Muata Greene, an EMT worker and member of AFSCME District Council 37, Rhadames Rivera, Vice President of SEIU Local 1199, and Fitzroy Searles of LLP Youth who was an organizer of the One Nation Rally in 2010 in Washington DC.
Mapping Socialist Strategies
Mapping Socialist Strategies was convened from August 1-4 in Briarcliff Manor, NY, by the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung—New York Office. It brang together 100 influential progressives and leftists from across the United States, Canada, and Europe for an “un-conference” on socialist strategies.
Attendees included Anne Mitchell..
CCDS at the 2015 Left Forum
Freedom Road meeting
Spring 2015, the New York/New Jersey District of Freedom Road Socialist Organization sponsored a forum entitled “Ferguson: The Movement So Far and Lessons for Coming Struggles.” The first speaker was "our comrade", Montague Simmons, Chair of the legendary Organization for Black Struggle in St. Louis.
The meeting was held 39 Eldridge St,New York, 19 March 2015. Organized by Eric Odell.
- Speaking for the first time in NYC since the police murder of Michael Brown, the chair of OBS, which played a major role in the Ferguson protests, discusses the new strategies, organizational forms and social forces that emerged there, and how the movement was sustained. Loyda Colon will reflect on the Justice Committee’s work organizing with families directly impacted by police violence, and will share their thoughts on the current movement in NYC.
- Together they will share their thoughts on key questions for the movements against police abuse that are erupting around the country. How do we hold together broad united fronts with different generations, cultures, classes and political perspectives? What’s the role of anti-capitalists and socialists? What kind of policing reforms do we want and how do they relate to other issues in our communities, and to radical social transformation?
Those signalling their intention to attend on Wherevent included John McCarthy, Juliet Ucelli, Betty Yu, Lily Defriend, Wai Yee P, David Unger, Matthew Tinker, Ryan Briles, Enbion Micah Aan, Erick Moreno, Terry Marshall, Jesse Baboo, Daniel Tasripin, Anton Han Kiang, Starlitekid Cosmos, Clayton Nino Brown, Miguel Marrero-Bermudez, Joy Schulman, Jeanne D. Shaw, Mark Swier, Stephanie Zukasaka, Denise Chupacabral, Anne Mitchell, Emma Pliskin, Oriana Roeckraeyer, Lara Shepard-Blue, Karly Safar, Robina Rai, Man See Kong, Teresa Basilio, Aisha Shillingford, Adriana Cruz, Ofie Virtucio, Rivka Paradis, Katrina Cortes, Sharice Richards.
"BILL FLETCHER JR, ED OTT & OTHERS"
- The run-up to the Presidential primaries has unleashed a right-wing frenzy that's unprecedented in its naked scapegoating and repressive policy ideas. How do we analyze and respond to these developments, through our labor and community groups, and in the electoral arena? What new alliances, campaigns, and demands do we need?
Those signalling their support, or intention to attend on the events Wherevent page included Dara Silverman, Audrey Sasson, Jill Greenberg, Michael Dormo, Dennis Hart, David Mirtz, John Tarleton, Katrina Marie, Robert Ambaras, Ethan Frey, Maureen Silverman, Scarlett Ahmed, Caroline Unger, Emiljana Ulaj, Dahlia Goldenberg, Jessica Acee, Ferdinand Joseph, Kate Aronoff, Greg Dunkel, IrieAndrea LeDawes, Kristi Barnes, Nora Taggart, Mark Duran, Patrick Loman, Marion Lipshutz, Mindy Rubinstein-Rosier, Dego Adely, Marcus Meute, Gee Nimius, Mary Boger, Ellen Gurzinsky, Glorya Cabrera, Prince Manlaw King, Eric K. Ward, Joseph Phelan, Vince Kelley, Christine Williams, Plinio Cruz-Alvarez, Leon Pinsky, Dennis O'Neil, Eduardo Hugo Gil, John McCarthy, John Treat, David Salay, Kate Spaulding, Mohammad A. Khan, Charles Lenchner, Joshua Clennon, Chris Barron, Robel Tekleab, Jose Mangasha, Paolo Cremidis, John Dennie, Zach Liszka, Edgar E. Avalos, M. Dove Kent, Kristina Antonia Mazzocchi, John Ennis, Jon Zaccarini, L. Eljeer Hawkins, Bob Ratynski, Lorraine Barcant, Anne Mitchell, 
2016 CCDS National Coordinating Committee
Anne Mitchell, New York, was elected in 2016 to the Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism National Coordinating Committee;
Left Labor Project Presents: What Happened? What Now?
Left Labor Project Presents: What Happened? What Now? Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 6 PM - 9 PM, 310 W 43rd St, New York.
A converastion with Bill Fletcher, Jr., international activist and co-author of Solidarity Divided: The crisis in organized labor and a new path toward social justice.
RSVPS included Anne Mitchell.
CCDS Democracy Charter Study Group
In 2017 the CCDS Democracy Charter Study Group consisted of James Campbell, Timothy V. Johnson, Mildred Williamson, Pat Fry, Erica Carter, Karl Kramer, Mark Solomon, Anne Mitchell, Meta Van Sickle.
- FB friends page
- USPC conference brochure Yale University November 8-10, 1985
- Addendum to Initiative document Nov. 13 1991
- Conference program
- Proceedings of the Committees of Correspondence Conference: Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the '90s booklet, printed by CoC in NY, Sept. 1992 (Price: $4)
- Convention program, July 1996
- CCDS leadership, accessed March 2014
- http://www.cc-ds.org/mobilizer/articles/LLP_NYC_LD_Parade.pdf, CCDS Mobilizer, Fall 2011 issue]
- FRSO, An In-Depth Look at the Ferguson Eruption: Organization for Black Struggle Leader Lays It Out Posted on Thursday August 13th, 2015 by FRSO/OSCL
- [http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Eric-Odell-Ferguson-The-Movement-So-Far-and-Lessons-for-Coming-Struggles Whereevent, Activities New York / Description A Discussion with Montague Simmons]
- Wherevent, A Discussion with Montague Simmons
- LLP "BILL FLETCHER JR, ED OTT & OTHERS"