CCDS Peace and Solidarity Committee
In 2020 Tom Gogan, Duncan McFarland and Gary Hicks, Harry Targ, Betty Smith and Courtney Childs were all members of the Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism Peace and Solidarity Committee.
Duncan McFarland is with the Center for Marxist Education in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He first visited China in 1981 with the U.S.-China People's Friendship Association and was the coordinator of the China Study Group (Boston) from 2008-2016. Currently, he is a member of the national coordinating committee of Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism.Duncan McFarland has visited China many times; first in 1981 with the US-China Peoples Friendship Association and most recently in 2017. He is coordinator of the China Study Group at the Center for Marxist Education, Cambridge.
Duncan McFarland was an antiwar student activist at Oberlin College in Ohio in the 1960s. This led to the study of Marxism and eventual service on the CCDS National Coordinating Committee, and chair of the CCDS Peace and Solidarity Committee. He operated a China exchange program in the 1980s and is currently coordinator of the China Study Group, in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Since 9/11 Duncan has been a board member of United for Justice with Peace (Boston) and was co-organizer of two CCDS Vietnam study tours.
Committees of Correspondence
Marilyn Albert, Mael Apollon, Carl Bloice, Barbara Blong, Barry Cohen, David Cohen, Otis Cunningham, Carl Davidson, Mort Frank, Todd Freeberg, Pat Fry, Marian Gordon, Ira Grupper, June Hemmingson, Ed Hemmingson, Fred Hicks, Duncan McFarland, Anne Mitchell, Maxine Orris, Ted Pearson, Gina Pesulima-Palencar, Edith Pollach, Marty Price, Merle Ratner, Jay Schaffner, Jae Scharlin, Mike Stein, Harry Targ, Walter Teague, Meta Van Sickle, Steve Willett and Mildred Williamson.
Committees of Correspondence NCC
July 25 2009 McFarland, Massachussetts, was a candidatefor the Committees of Correspondence National Co-ordinating Committee at CCDS national conference in San Francisco-elected. He is also a memberof the CCDS Peace and Solidarity Task Force.
Duncan McFarland, Massachusetts, was elected in 2013 to the Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism National Coordinating Committee;
Center for Marxist Education
On June 10 2010, the Cambridge, Mass. based Center for Marxist Education held a function to say goodbye to Gary Dotterman and to celebrate Maya's 80th birthday. RSVP was to Sandy Rosen and Duncan McFarland for the CME.
CCDS Vietnam tour
In March 2011,The Vietnam Women’s Union welcomed and arranged a study tour in Vietnam for the Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism. Paricipants included Paul Krehbiel, a New York former art student , once active in the anti Vietnam war movement, Lucille Fried of Los Angeles, Duncan McFarland and Harry Targ..
2016 CCDS National Coordinating Committee
Duncan McFarland, Massachusetts, was elected in 2016 to the Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism National Coordinating Committee;
China: where is it headed?
China: where is it headed? Towards socialism or capitalism? was a public internet event hosted by Janet Jenkins Tucker. It was held Monday, August 28 at 9 PM - 10:30 PM.
It was created for Committees of Correspondence for Democracy & Socialism.
- China: where is it headed? towards socialism or capitalism? resisting imperialism? Reportback from an activist delegation
- What is the political orientation of China's amazing development program? This was one topic debated during the July 2017 people-to-people activist delegation sponsored by the National Immigrant Solidarity Network, affiliated with the Alliance for Global Justice. The group engaged in an unusual range of political discussions with the Chinese: a Maoist discussion group, a successful capitalist entrepreneur and advocates of the official policy of "socialism with Chinese characteristics."
- The delegation also visited two rural cooperatives and a self-organized migrant workers village. On July 7, the program included the museum commemorating the war of resistance to Japanese imperialism on the 80th anniversary of the full-scale Japanese invasion. Another visit was to a new museum devoted to learning about the 200,000 Chinese "comfort women" or sex slaves during World War II.
- Presentations will be given by delegation members Duncan McFarland, CCDS national coordinating committee and, Lee Siu Hin member of United for Peace and Justice steering committee. Full discussion will follow.
- Lee Siu Hin, organizer of the delegation, is the founder of the China-US Activist Solidarity Project, a new program of people-to-people solidarity and exchange between the US and China. He works and travels between the two countries.
Left Forum 2015
Sea Changes: China and the World Since 2008
- Gary Hicks, Chair Artworks for the People Berkeley CA
- Wadih Halabi Center for Marxist Education, Cambridge MA
- Duncan McFarland Center for Marxist Education, Cambridge MA
- David Ewing US-China Peoples Friendship Association
- Open University of the Left, Vietnam From National Liberation to 21st Century Socialism
- CCDS leadership, accessed March 2014
-  Cambridge, Mass.: Come join us at the Center for Marxist Education to say goodbye to Gary Dotterman and to celebrate Maya's 80th birthday, Peoples World, Accessed June 10, 2010
- Vietnam TV international, CCDS Vietnam Study tour 2011, Youtube video
- China: where is it headed? Towards socialism or capitalism?