Communist Party reformer
In 1991 Steve Willett, Northern California, was one of several hundred Communist Party USA members to sign the a paper "An initiative to Unite and Renew the Party"-most signatories left the Party after the December 1991 conference to found Committees of Correspondence.
Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
The Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s was the Committees of Correspondence's first national conference held in Berkeley, California July 17-19, 1992.
Workshops that were held at the conference on Saturday, July 18 included:
Communications Telecommunications in the '90s: A tool for left organizations. A demonstration/discussion of telecommunication tools and resources available to the left.
- Geoff Sears, exec. director, Institute of Global Communication
- Steve Willett, sysop of the Initiative BBS
Committees of Correspondence NCC
Marilyn Albert, Mael Apollon, Carl Bloice, Barbara Blong, Barry Cohen, David Cohen, Otis Cunningham, Carl Davidson, Mort Frank, Todd Freeberg, Pat Fry, Marian Gordon, Ira Grupper, June Hemmingson, Ed Hemmingson, Fred Hicks, Duncan McFarland, Anne Mitchell, Maxine Orris, Ted Pearson, Gina Pesulima-Palencar, Edith Pollach, Marty Price, Merle Ratner, Jay Schaffner, Jae Scharlin, Mike Stein, Harry Targ, Walter Teague, Meta Van Sickle, Steve Willett and Mildred Williamson.
Steve Willett, Northern California, was elected in 2013 to the Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism National Coordinating Committee;
In 2012, Northern California Coordinating Committee of Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and and Socialism, consisted of Steve Willett, C.T. Weber, Ellen Schwartz, Walter Rice, Mel Martynn, Karl Kramer, Betty Brown.,
In 2013, outgoing Coordinating Committee Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism--Northern California committee members were Steve Willett, Betty Brown, C.T. Weber, Ellen Schwartz, Karl Kramer, Elayne Jones.
2016 CCDS National Coordinating Committee
Steve Willett, Northern California, was elected in 2016 to the Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism National Coordinating Committee;
Socialist Majority Caucus
- Addendum to Initiative document Nov. 13 1991
- Conference program
- Proceedings of the Committees of Correspondence Conference: Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the '90s booklet, printed by CoC in NY, Sept. 1992 (Price: $4)
- CoC National committee meeting, January 7-9, 1994, New York minutes
- CCDS leadership, accessed March 2014
- NoCal CCDS blog 06/18/2010 Picket Port of Oakland, this Sunday, June 20
- Northern California CCDS blog, 07/15/2012Northern California CCDS Membership Meeting Sunday Sept. 9
- California CCDSMinutes, 2013 Annual Meeting, Northern California CCDS CCDS Northern California Membership meeting Sept. 7, 2013