Left Forum 2011
The Mountains Tremble: A Reportback from the Revolution in Nepal:
- Sponsored by: Kasama Project
- Eric Ribellarsi, Kasama Project
- Fanshen Wong, Kasama Project
- Mutki Nepal — North American Nepali Student Association
- Jed Brandt, Kasama Project
- Robina Rai, Committee for a New South Asia
Binayak Sen demo
Dennis O'Neil January 27, 2011:
There is a NYC demo tomorrow for Dr. Binayak Sen (see my post earlier today, if you haven't read it yet). It's at the Indian Consulate--3 East 64th--at 3:30. I'll be there and I hope you will (esp. Daniel Tasripin, Fanshen Wong, Fire wolf Bizahaloni-Nelson, Jed Brandt, Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero, Robina Rai--and spread the word, y'all).
Freedom Road meeting
Spring 2015, the New York/New Jersey District of Freedom Road Socialist Organization sponsored a forum entitled “Ferguson: The Movement So Far and Lessons for Coming Struggles.” The first speaker was "our comrade", Montague Simmons, Chair of the legendary Organization for Black Struggle in St. Louis.
The meeting was held 39 Eldridge St,New York, 19 March 2015. Organized by Eric Odell.
- Speaking for the first time in NYC since the police murder of Michael Brown, the chair of OBS, which played a major role in the Ferguson protests, discusses the new strategies, organizational forms and social forces that emerged there, and how the movement was sustained. Loyda Colon will reflect on the Justice Committee’s work organizing with families directly impacted by police violence, and will share their thoughts on the current movement in NYC.
- Together they will share their thoughts on key questions for the movements against police abuse that are erupting around the country. How do we hold together broad united fronts with different generations, cultures, classes and political perspectives? What’s the role of anti-capitalists and socialists? What kind of policing reforms do we want and how do they relate to other issues in our communities, and to radical social transformation?
Those signalling their intention to attend on Wherevent included John McCarthy, Juliet Ucelli, Betty Yu, Lily Defriend, Wai Yee Poon, David Unger, Matthew Tinker, Ryan Briles, Enbion Micah Aan, Erick Moreno, Terry Marshall, Jesse Baboo, Daniel Tasripin, Anton Han Kiang, Starlitekid Cosmos, Clayton Nino Brown, Miguel Marrero-Bermudez, Joy Schulman, Jeanne D. Shaw, Mark Swier, Stephanie Zukasaka, Denise Chupacabral, Anne Mitchell, Emma Pliskin, Oriana Roeckraeyer, Lara Shepard-Blue, Karly Safar, Robina Rai, Man See Kong, Teresa Basilio, Aisha Shillingford, Adriana Cruz, Ofie Virtucio, Rivka Paradis, Katrina Cortes, Sharice Richards.
- FRSO, An In-Depth Look at the Ferguson Eruption: Organization for Black Struggle Leader Lays It Out Posted on Thursday August 13th, 2015 by FRSO/OSCL
- [http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Eric-Odell-Ferguson-The-Movement-So-Far-and-Lessons-for-Coming-Struggles Whereevent, Activities New York / Description A Discussion with Montague Simmons]
- Wherevent, A Discussion with Montague Simmons