2000 PWW award luncheon
On October 22, 2000 the Peoples Weekly World held its 4th annual celebration luncheon in New York, at the Henry Winston Auditorium.
- Ernesto Jofre, president of UNITE Local 169
- International Longshoreman's Association, Local 1814
- Committee Against Anti-Asian Violence
Speakers included City Councilmembers Bill Perkins and Christine Quinn, Assemblymember Richard Gottfried, State Senator Tom Duane, Larry Moskowitz of the Communist Party USA and Working Families Party and Elena Mora for the Communist Party.
Working Families Party
The Unity Statement Signed by Those Arrested was signed by 56 activists arrested in New York City, in front of 26 Federal Plaza June 1 2010, the "third in a series of civil disobedience actions in New York aimed at highlighting the growing human tragedy and unsustainable moral crisis caused by a broken U.S. immigration system badly in need of reform".
Signatories included Larry Moskowitz coordinator Left Labor Project .
Left Forum 2010
The History of May Day and the 2010 New York May Day March:
- Larry Moskowitz, (Chair), Left Labor Project
- Ai-jen Poo, former Executive Director, Domestic Workers United
- Chung-Wha Hong, Executive Director, New York Immigration Coalition
- Ed Ott, former Executive Director, New York City Central Labor Council
- Bhairavi Desai, Executive Director, New York Taxi Workers Alliance
- Frances Liu, Immigration Advocacy Field Coordinator, New York Immigration Coalition
At the September 16th 2011 meeting of the Left Labor Project, a leadership body was elected which includes Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism leaders, Pat Fry as Recording Secretary and Anne Mitchell as CCDS organizational representative. Among others elected were LLP Coordinator Larry Moskowitz who is national organizer for the Working Families Party, Jim Perlstein, an officer of the Professional Staff Union which represents faculty of the City University of New York, Lester Muata Greene, an EMT worker and member of AFSCME District Council 37, Rhadames Rivera, Vice President of SEIU Local 1199, and Fitzroy Searles of LLP Youth who was an organizer of the One Nation Rally in 2010 in Washington DC.
At the 2013 Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism convention, the fifth plenary of the convention had “left unity” as the topic. Chaired by Carl Davidson, it took a different form, with Davidson first posing questions to presenters, and asking for short answers, then opening the discussion to the floor. The “interviewees” were Mark Solomon of CCDS, Judith LeBlanc of the CPUSA, and Larry Moskowitz of the Left Labor Project in New York City.
Moskowitz said that the LLP is just four years old and it has forerunners in other progressive labor organizations peculiar to New York. He said the LLP is explicitly socialist, that women and people of color are in the forefront, that it doesn’t interfere in the internal affairs of participating organizations, and the meetings always end by 8PM. There are several thousand on the email list, and he is proud of LLP’s openness. “It hopefully will be possible to develop groups like it in other cities, but frankly, it won’t be easy,” he concluded.
People for Bernie
Jewish Solidarity Caucus
- part of the Socialist and Marxist Studies Luncheon Series, 12:30-1:45 p.m., 2001 313, Shibles Hall, UM
- Ebony August 1982 p80
- PDW October 11, 1986, page 9
- PWW October 7, 2000, page 2
- PWW, ...in NYC, November 4, 2000, page 2
-  Linkeldin Bio, accessed June 10, 2010
- http://www.cc-ds.org/mobilizer/articles/LLP_NYC_LD_Parade.pdf, CCDS Mobilizer, Fall 2011 issue]
- In, Reaching Out… CCDS-Discussion, Posted by admin on August 9, 2013