- 1 WEB DuBois Clubs of America
- 2 Illinois Communist Party
- 3 Pearson's own words about joining the Communist Party
- 4 Communist Party dissidents
- 5 Communist Party reformer
- 6 Committees of Correspondence Connection
- 7 Richard Criley Memorial
- 8 Racial unity against Bush
- 9 Committees of Correspondence
- 10 Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- 11 Committees of Correspondence NCC
- 12 NAARPR
- 13 Saluting workers everywhere!
- 14 2013 CCDS conference
- 15 References
WEB DuBois Clubs of America
In 2014, Ted Pearson was listed a a friend on the DuBois Clubs Facebook page.
Illinois Communist Party
Linda Appelhans, Margaret Appelhans, Arnold Becchetti, Leon Beverly, Richard Criley, Reverend Martin Deppe, Ishmael Flory, Frances Gabow, Ben Green, Bill Hampton, FatherJohn Hill, Mrs. Christine Johnson, Jack Kling, Attorney Max Maiman, Margaret Palmer, John Pappademos, Ted Pearson, A. A. Rayner, Jr., Harold Rogers, Norman Roth, Attorney Irving Steinberg, Gil Terry, Robbylee Terry, Charles Wilson and Sylvia Woods.
Pearson's own words about joining the Communist Party
Daily World, March 12, 1981, Page 5, in the DW's series "Why they joined the Communist Party", Pearson wrote his story entitled "It was right on the issues".
- He joined the CPUSA in 1973
- Mother "was an active member of the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom WILPF
- Mother active in supporting "the right of a Black family to live in a white community", led by CPUSA southern leader Carl Braden who went to jail under the state's sedition laws. The sale of a house to a black family was reportedly a CPUSA staged event to start racial agitation in Louisville, Kentucky
"Once you see that the most important thing is the liberation of the human race, and that the Party is working toward it, it becomes an anchor, a foundation to build on."
Communist Party dissidents
On November 15-16 1991, 30 dissident members of the National Committee of the Communist Party USA convened a meeting to "sign a statement of events" - most or all signatories were soon to break with the party and were later to form Committees of Correspondence.
The signatories included Ted Pearson, Illinois;
Communist Party reformer
In 1991, Ted Pearson, Illinois, was one of several hundred Communist Party USA members to sign the a paper "An initiative to Unite and Renew the Party" - most signatories left the Party after the December 1991 conference to found Committees of Correspondence.
Committees of Correspondence Connection
Richard Criley Memorial
In 2000, Ted Pearson served on the welcoming committee for the Chicago Memorial Service for Richard Criley, a long-time activist with the Communist Party USA and a leader of the Chicago Committee to Defend the Bill of Rights.
Racial unity against Bush
On Oct 18 2003, at Chicago's Lutheran School of Theology, Alderman Ricardo Munoz, Ronelle Mustin & Ted Pearson spoke on Multi-Racial unity:Key to changing the Bush regime in 2004". The event was sponsored by the National Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression.
Committees of Correspondence
Marilyn Albert, Mael Apollon, Carl Bloice, Barbara Blong, Barry Cohen, David Cohen, Otis Cunningham, Carl Davidson, Mort Frank, Todd Freeberg, Pat Fry, Marian Gordon, Ira Grupper, June Hemmingson, Ed Hemmingson, Fred Hicks, Duncan McFarland, Anne Mitchell, Maxine Orris, Ted Pearson, Gina Pesulima-Palencar, Edith Pollach, Marty Price, Merle Ratner, Jay Schaffner, Jae Scharlin, Mike Stein, Harry Targ, Walter Teague, Meta Van Sickle, Steve Willett and Mildred Williamson.
Open Letter to Obama on Iran
In 2008 Ted Pearson of Lincoln Park Neighbours United for Peace, Chicago, IL signed an online petition “A Open Letter to Barack Obama on Iran”.
Committees of Correspondence NCC
In 2009 Ted Pearson, Illinois , was elected to the National Co-ordinating Committee of the Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and and Socialism from the member's post National Convention ballot.
In 2009 Ted Pearson was co-chair of the Chicago branch of the National Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression.
Saluting workers everywhere!
In 2009 the Peoples Weekly World carried an article "Saluting workers everywhere!"
- Our unity makes Wall Street tremble
- Employee Free Choice and universal health care!
- A 'green', demilitarized, democratized economy that works for all!
Illinois Readers of the PWW signed the article.
Terrie Albano & John Bachtell - Jon Allen - Sijisfredo Aviles - Eric Robert Berdell - Carolyn Black & Bill Appelhans - Owen Brill - Helen Boothe - John Bradley - Docia Buffington & Abdul-Aziz Hassan - Cathy Campo & Kevin Lindeman - Cristobal Cavazos, Tania Brown & Anita Naoli - Andrew Chebuhar - Dean Christ & Joan Phillips - Ben Cline - Carmen Cohn & Lance Cohn - Alison Cooper - Clarice Durham - Joan Elbert - Thomas Fineberg & Maxine Fineberg - Oscar Forsman - Connie Hall - Ahmad Hassan - Harold Hill - Dajiang Hu - Marge Gamboa - Mike Giocondo & Carroll Krois - Luster Jackson - Ed Jenks & Mary Jenks - Earl R. Jones - Kenneth Kapel - Molly Kelley & Dallas Brown - Angela Larson & Bamshad Mobasher - Jim Lange - Joyce Lightfoot - Stephen Livingston - Guadalupe Lozano - Pepe Lozano - Bea Lumpkin & Frank Lumpkin - Megan Marshall - Scott Marshall & Roberta Wood - Bill Mackovich - Damien Matthews - Donn Miller - Stanley Moe - Ken Nelson - Tom Pace - Ted Pearson & Kathy Pearson - Martha Pedroza - Hector Pedroza - Shelby Richardson – Mark Rogovin & Michelle Rogovin - Barbara Russum -Armando Santos - Tom Shepherd - Evelyn Swan - Ruth Tregay -Kevin Tyson - John Wojcik.
2013 CCDS conference
Nearly 100 delegates, observers and friends gathered in Pittsburgh, PA for the 7th Convention of the Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism over the July 18-21, 2013 weekend.
One panel was a discussion on how to use the Anne Braden film for radical education in organizing efforts. Presentations were made by Jim Branson, Janet Tucker, Frank Chapman, Ted Pearson, and the maker of the film, Anne Lewis.
- FB friends page
- Daily World, November 2, 1972, page 2
- Full text of "The nationwide drive against law enforcement intelligence operations : hearing before the Subcommittee to Investigate the Administration of the Internal Security Act and Other Internal Security Laws of the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, Ninety-fourth Congress, first session
- 1976 Communist Party Electoral Petition.
- List of those NC members who signed statement of events at meeting of 11/15-16/91
- Addendum to Initiative document
- Chicago CoC "Membership, Subscription and Mailing List" 10.14.94
- Memoriam Service Program, 2000
- Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- PW, Saluting workers everywhere! by: ILLINOIS FRIENDS OF PWW may 1 2009
- CCDS Discussion, CCDS 7th Convention Debates Growth