- 1 "Towards Collective Liberation" editorial crew
- 2 "Towards Collective Liberation" followers
- 3 USAS conference
- 4 Left Forum 2013
- 5 Campaigning for Chokwe Lumumba, 2014
- 6 Knoxvillians Against Injustice
- 7 Ferguson solidarity
- 8 Freedom Summer: 50 Years Later, Lessons for Today
- 9 Put the People First
- 10 United Campus Workers/show me $15
- 11 Friends
- 12 Anti-privatization meeting
- 13 "Say Zir Name"
- 14 MLK Day event
- 15 "Organize the South"
- 16 Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
- 17 Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
- 18 Free LaShonda Hall
- 19 Eat Out (with) PSA
- 20 PSA - Memphis Facebook group, 2017
- 21 References
Safar began organizing to win a living wage for all University of Tennessee workers when she was a student and joined the Progressive Student Alliance. Now she's pursuing that goal as an organizer with the Communications Workers of America's United Campus Workers.
"Towards Collective Liberation" editorial crew
Chris Crass', 2013 book " was "Towards Collective Liberation: Anti-Racist Organizing, Feminist Praxis, and Movement Building Strategy..." was edited by a team consisting of Chris and Molly, Rahula Janowski Lydia Pelot-Hobbs, Nisha Anand, Sasha Vodnik, Cile Beatty, Danni Marilyn West, Amie Fishman, Jeff Giaquinto , Sharon Martinas, Gabriel Sayegh, Clare Bayard, Z. Lula Haukeness, Cindy Breunig, Jardana Peacock, Betty-Jeane Ruters-Ward, Betita Martinez, Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz, Paul Kivel, Ingrid Chapman, Dan Berger, Josh Warren-White, Rachel Luft, Kerry Levenberg, Johnna Bossuot, Leah Jo Carnine, Berkley Carnine, Leah Close, Vivian Sanati, Dara Silverman, Helen Luu, Pauline Hwang Nrinder, N.K. Nann, Marc Mascarenhas-Swan, Max Elbaum, Keith McHenry, James Tracy, Alice Nuccio, Laura McNeill, Azedeh Ghafari, J.C. Callender, Nilou Mostoufi, April Sullivan-FitzHugh, Michelle O'Brien, Joe Tolbert, Tufara Waller Muhammad, Karly Safar, Jayanni Webster, Joshua Kahn Russell, prof. Laura Head, Andrew Cornell, Harjit Singh Gill, Emily Thuma, Rami Elamine, Chanelle Gallant, Charlie Frederick, Amar Shah, Alicia Garza, Elandria Williams, Carla Wallace, Ernesto Aguilar, Lisa Albrecht.
"Towards Collective Liberation" followers
Melanie Cervantes, follow · March 11, 2013;
- From author Chris Crass: " When I first imagined a poster promoting my new book, Towards Collective Liberation: anti-racist organizing, feminist praxis,and movement building strategy, the images that came to mind were the people in Melanie Cervantes’ “We are the 99%” posters, coming together to build the multiracial, feminist, working class-based movement for collective liberation that we need. M... See More — with Carla F. Wallace, Mari Mujica, Steve Williams, Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha, Ingrid Chapman, Dawn Haney, James Haslam, Cindy Wiesner, Marquez Rhyne, Jayanni Elizabeth, Malachi Garza, Miguel CarItu, Chris Crass, Carl Patrick, Abbey Lolcano, Maria Poblet, Kate Cardona, Z. Lula Haukeness, Lydia Pelot-Hobbs, Elandria Williams, Harsha Walia, Marc Mascarenhas-Swan, Jason Lydon, Jardana Peacock, Chris Dixon, Gabriel Haaland, Betty-Jeanne Ruters-Ward, Mel Baiser, Nisha Anand, Mimi Thi Nguyen, Becki Winchel, T. Gonzales, Rahula S. Janowski, Dani Burlison, Harjit Singh Gill, Leah Jo Carnine, Karly Safar, Emily Han Zimmerman, Alicia Garza, Sistufara W. Muhammad, Pamela Jean McMichael, Caitlin Elly Breedlove, Kate Kanelstein, Mei-ying Williams, James Tracy, Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson, Shannon Garth-Rhodes and Cindy Jeanne.
Jared Story August 17 2019.
Left Forum 2013
Anne Braden: Her Spirit Lives Sponsored by: freedomroad.org Participants:
Campaigning for Chokwe Lumumba, 2014
Knoxvillians Against Injustice
Alex Fields November 26, 2014:
Thomas Wayne Walker August 15, 2014:
Organizations on the ground in st. louis, mo are calling for people across the u.s. to demonstrate at 2pm est *this saturday* against police murder, police militarization, and racism--in solidarity with the uprising in ferguson and demanding justice for mike brown. let's meet up at the corner of summit hill & hall of fame dr., where knox police killed an unarmed african-american man on may 18, 200... See More — with Holly Rainey, Elizabeth Wright, Michelle Christian, Alex Fields, Josh Smyser, Suzanne Pharr, Anne Barnett, Anna Masson, Saint Thomas LeDoux, Joshua Outsey, Meagan Thomas, Michelle Gibson, Cassie Watters, Elandria Williams, Sam Stratton, Jess Welch, Angel Ibarra, Joseph Woods, Kaitlin Malick, Andre Canty, Melanie Barron, Ben Allen, Erin Bicknese, Tom Torres, Ricki Draper, William Wilson, Bonnie Swinford, Joe Tolbert, Jr., Mickee Murray, David Alex Hayes, Margo Miller, JT Taylor and Karly Safar at Summit Hill and Hall of Fame Drive.
Freedom Summer: 50 Years Later, Lessons for Today
Freedom Summer: 50 Years Later, Lessons for Today, was held July 27, 2014, at The Eric Quezada Center for Culture and Politics, San Francisco.
- Join us for an evening with three amazing organizers who span more than 50 years of action fighting for racial and social justice. We will reflect on what the original 1964 Freedom Summer has meant for our work today, and explore the importance of the 2014 Freedom Summer for our work going forward.
Karly Safar is an organizer for workers’ rights and social justice in the South, working at the intersection of labor, race, and gender. She works with the Put the People First campaign, Jobs with Justice of East Tennessee and the Working Women's Leadership Council, and is an active member of United Campus Workers. She is also the Southern organizer for Freedom Road Socialist Organization.
Put the People First
Anne Barnett, Karly Safar, Starr Simpson, Kevin Collins, Courtney Wilson, Jerelene Clark, and Vivian Shipe were among Put the People First activists demanding a higher minimum wage Monday, Sept. 1, 2014, at University Commons. The Labor Day demonstration targeted Publix and Walmart at University Commons. 
United Campus Workers/show me $15
December 2014, United Campus Workers supports Knoxville's first #strikefastfood #showme15! Solidarity! — with Kris Bronstad, Anne Barnett, Ben Allen, Fran Ansley, Karly Safar, Melanie Barron, Thomas Wayne Walker, Joan Croce Grim, Tony Harris, Janet Miles, Anna Masson, Debbie Helsley, Josh Smyser, Elizabeth Owen, Lucy Jewel, Bob Hutton, Patrick Keaney, Matt Cook, Michelle Christian and Ben Lee.
Event in Knoxville 1800 Melrose Ave, Tuesday 6 October 2015
State lawmakers will join the United Campus Workers, UT College Democrats, Progressive Student Alliance and Statewide Organizing for Community Empowerment during a fact-finding trip to learn more about the potential impact of the Governor's plan to possibly bring privatization to the campus of UT Knoxville.
Senate Minority Leader Lee Harris and state Rep. John Ray Clemmons will hear from campus employees, students and faculty about the potential impacts that layoffs and outsourcing will have on their families and campus life. Organized by Jasmine Taylor.
Those indicating their intention to attend, on Wherevent, included Matt Roach, Elizabeth Stanfield, Savannah Lucas, Ann League, Jamie Greig, Melanie Barron, Madeleine Lewis, Adam Hughes, Matt Anderson, Jack Petschulat, Coy Kindred, Carter Hall, Jordan Welsh, Gloria Johnson, Eric Dixon, Anna Gardner, Caroline Cranford, Alex Fields, Will Gabelman, Josh Smyser, Courtney Anderson, Colleen Ryan, Katie Myers, Karly Safar, Hayley Brundige, William Dirmeyer, Feroza Freeland, Ciara Malaugh, Bonnie Swinford, Cassie Watters, Phyliss Dubinsky Shey, Meghan Martin, Prestyr John .
"Say Zir Name"
Dunford Hall room 2326 Thursday 12 November 2015, organized by UTK Progressive Student Alliance "Say Zir Name".
- Special guest Cazembe Jackson, our trans brother and bad ass organizer for South will share his story as a transman in the movement and how he held his comrades accountable for his pronouns. He will also make awareness for pronouns and elevating trans existance more intersectional mentioning policy brutality and mass incarceration of black transwomen.
Those indicating attendance on Wherevent included Melanie Barron, Kristin Moretz, Lucy Greer, LaSabra LeeAnn Williams, Emily Gregg, Donna Bra-kay, Morgan Smith, Rachel West, Allison Joslin, Kristen Godfrey, Amira Sakalla, Caroline Rogers, Meghan Martin, Elizabeth Stanfield, Alina Clay, Jocelyn B. White, Gwen Schablik, Jamie Greig, Breann Cooper, Mary Geiser, Lindsay Jai, Cris Dark, Hanna Cat Wilkinson, Becca Payton, Genevieve Jeter, Priyam Madhukar, Leigh Belmont, Nicky Frazier, Courtney Anderson, Chelsey Verzosa, Charlotte Lee, Maggie Marsh, Erica Davis, Catherine Boggan, Alyssa Loveday, Hayley Brundige, Anna Masson, Karly Safar, Danielle Sapore, Sara Hitson, Emily Hoffman, Madeleine Lewis, Amanda Eleanor Pitts, Kennedy Childress, Deanna Nagle, Rachel Pilkinton, Ciara Louise Naomi, Evie Briley, Elizabeth Wright, Bailey Ayanna Allen, Katie Myers, Charice Starr, Colleen Ryan, Kelsey Theodore, Kamilya Gosmanova, Emily Robinson, Rae Jones, Kate Stamper, Carlie Nicole, Yasameen Hoffman-Shahin, Kaleb Emmert, Klay Ra Willyn, Travis Daniel Wilson, Brandon Shaw, Johnathan DeWitt Clayton, David Alex Hayes, Mitch Thompson, David Collins, Will Clifft, Ariel Tesla Farley, Joshua Brown, Don Black, Kumail Ibraheem, Andy Renison, William Dirmeyer, Benjamin D. Young, Adam Hughes, Ben McClendon, John Pena, Robert Cremins, Noah King, Mark McKee, Jack Petschulat, Jordan Welsh, Brandon Ray Darr, Jenishea Lewis, Alex Fields, Rodolfo Urquieta, Will Gabelman, JT Taylor, Dhruv Majumdar, Tyler Kibbey, Devin Earhart, Thomas Tran, Geoffrey M. Bennett Hervey, Harlan Mitchell, Wesley Shaun Malik Williams, Kendrick Young. 
MLK Day event
- Join us for our annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration to honor his work for economic, racial, and social justice and to commit to carrying on this work on our campuses, in our state, and in our country! Now as much as ever before, MLK’s dream is a powerful vision that can guide our fight to put the people first! Guest speaker Ajamu Dillahunt from North Carolina.
Those indicating willingness to support or attend the event on the Wherevent page included Rae Jones, Anne Smith, David Dalton, Bob Hutton, Ben Allen, Jordan Welsh, Eleazar Ortiz, William Isom, Stan Johnson, Tom Smith, Jay Butler, Karly Safar, Alex Fields, Katie Myers, Elizabeth Wright, Janet Miles, Sally Buice, Elizabeth Armstrong, Cassie Watters, Michelle Christian, Lee Dunham Sessions, Naomia J. Fountain-Holloway, Jim Sessions, Maurice L. Clark, Sr., Saint Thomas LeDoux, Melanie Barron, Michelle Gore.
"Organize the South"
In February 2016, Jeffrey Lichtenstein with Mary Jo Connelly and Cazembe Jackson Jasmine Wallace, Thomas Wayne Walker, Karly Safar, Dennis O'Neil, Anjie Martian-Princess were selling an "Organize the South" poster on the Freedom Road Socialist Organization Facebook page.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Anna Masson Those indicating they would attend, on Facebook included Karly Safar.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those expressing interest in attending, on Facebook included Karly Safar.
Free LaShonda Hall
Rhonda Gallman October 23, 2016;
- Obama We need you to Act Now! — with Tray Rock, Felecia Outsey, David Alex Hayes, Karly Safar and Sherri Williams.
Eat Out (with) PSA
- Percentage night at local restaurant Moe's! Support UTK's oldest progressive student organization, the Progressive Student Alliance, and learn all about what we do!
Those expressing interest on Facebook, included Karly Safar.
PSA - Memphis Facebook group, 2017
Progressive Student Alliance - University of Memphis Facebook group, as of March 26, 2017;
- Anna CP, U. Memphis Joined about 7 years ago
- John Jester, U. Memphis Created group on October 12, 2009
- Tom Smith, District 3 Organizing Coordinator at Communications Workers of America, Joined about 7 years ago
- Karly Safar, Joined about 7 years ago
- Jeffrey Lichtenstein, Memphis, Tennessee, Joined about 7 years ago
- Towards Collective Liberation Acknowledgents XV]
- https://www.facebook.com/events/1391134977827719/ FB Freedom Summer: 50 Years Later, Lessons for Today]
- Knoxville News Sentinrl, Put the People First: activists want a higher minimum wage
- FB UCW Dec 14, 2014
- Event in Knoxville 1800 Melrose Ave,Knoxville Tuesday 6 October 2015
- Wherevent, Say Zir Name
- [http://www.wherevent.com/detail/United-Campus-Workers-Martin-Luther-King-Jr-Day-Celebration Wherevent, Monday 18 January 2016, 1415 Elm St, Knoxville organized by : United Campus Workers
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109