Lester Muata Greene
- 1 Unity
- 2 "A call to build an organization for the 1990s and beyond"
- 3 CBTU
- 4 Center for Labor Renewal
- 5 Center for the Study of Working Class Life
- 6 Left Forum 2011
- 7 LLP leadership
- 8 A Plebeian View Forum
- 9 Our Children Are Not Criminals!
- 10 "$15/hr for all! Social Service Workers Speak Out!"
- 11 Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
- 12 References
Lester Muata Greene...is a member of the Freedom Road Socialist Organization
"A call to build an organization for the 1990s and beyond"
Unity, January 28 1991, issued a statement "A call to build an organization for the 1990s and beyond" on pages 4 to 6.
Those listed as supporters of the call included Les Greene, executive board AFSCME DC 37 New York. .
Center for Labor Renewal
Center for the Study of Working Class Life
Left Forum 2011
Solidarity Divided: New Models of Labor/Community Organization
- Juliet Ucelli–Freedom Road Socialist Organization
- Fernando Gapasin – co-author, Solidarity Divided
- Jordy Cummings – Greater Toronto Workers Assembly
- Lester Muata Greene — Freedom Road Socialist Organization
At the September 16th 2011 meeting of the Left Labor Project, a leadership body was elected which includes Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism leaders, Pat Fry as Recording Secretary and Anne Mitchell as CCDS organizational representative. Among others elected were LLP Coordinator Larry Moskowitz who is national organizer for the Working Families Party, Jim Perlstein, an officer of the Professional Staff Union which represents faculty of the City University of New York, Lester Muata Greene, an EMT worker and member of AFSCME District Council 37, Rhadames Rivera, Vice President of SEIU Local 1199, and Fitzroy Searles of LLP Youth who was an organizer of the One Nation Rally in 2010 in Washington DC.
A Plebeian View Forum
Monday, 19 December 2011, "A Plebeian View Forum On The Prison Industrial Complex" at the Harlem State Office Building.
- Moderator: Lester Muata Greene, creator of the Plebeian View blog
- Amir Ali from the Campaign to End the New Jim Crow
- Dell Smitherman, 1199/SEIU Political Coordinator
- Augustin Castro, IGNITE and Freedom Road Socialist Organization
- Iz, October 22 Coalition to Stop Police Brutality, Repression and the Criminalization of a Generation
Our Children Are Not Criminals!
Thursday, April 26, 2012, A Plebeian View forum: Our Children Are Not Criminals! Fighting the Prison-Industrial Complex, Brownsville Heritage House 581 Mother Gaston Boulevard, Brownsville, Brooklyn
Muata Greene, past president of Coalition of Black Trade Unionists, NYC Chapter, creator of Plebeian View blog
- Dell Smitherman, 1199/SEIU
- Melissa Rodriguez LaSalle, Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee (RSCC)
- LaMont OyeWale' Badru, MXGM and Black Legacy (Black Student Union at Lehman)
- Augustin Castro, FRSO/OSCL
Sponsored by LennyGreen.com and Freedom Road Socialist Organization / Organizacion Socialista del Camino para la Libertad.
"$15/hr for all! Social Service Workers Speak Out!"
Monday 27 October 2014, Tiffany Paul organized an event "$15/hr for all! Social Service Workers Speak Out!" at the NYU Kimmel Center.
- The struggle to raise the minimum wage is a lively and dynamic movement developing across the US. The fight for a minimum wage of $15 dollars is one step forward in the fight for a living wage, and fast food workers have been at the forefront of this struggle.
Speakers: Stephanie Luce - Murphy Institute for Worker Education, author of Fighting for a Living Wage, Kimberley Thomas - Dental Assistant, Harlem Hospital, DC37 local 768, Muata Greene - Coalition of Black Trade Unionists NYC and Left Labor Project, Sooyoung Lee - Substance Abuse Counselor, 1199SEIU & Power for Rank-and File Employees in the Social Services.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those invited, on Facebook included Lester Muata Greene.
- http://www.cc-ds.org/mobilizer/articles/LLP_NYC_LD_Parade.pdf, CCDS Mobilizer, Fall 2011 issue]
- A Plebeian View Forum On The Prison Industrial Complex
- Wherevent "$15/hr for all! Social Service Workers Speak Out!"