Studied at The Evergreen State College.
15 people were cited for trespassing following 'Occupy' and anti-foreclosure protest at downtown Springfield Bank of America office, November 2011.
Each of the following people was cited with a single count of trespassing: Loren Halman, 25, Hadley; Lara Shepard-Blue, 40, Springfield; Patricia Wieland, 68, Northampton; Joseph Mirkin, 26, Northampton; Catherine Ady-Bell, 33, Springfield; Ellen Graves, 71, West Springfield; Anamarie Russo, 71, Northampton; Shanthi Ragaven, 22, Northampton; Christopher Rios, 21, Springfield; Russ Vernon-Jones, 64, Amherst; Jeffrey Napolitano, 33, Springfield; Destry Sibley, Holyoke; Daniel Keefe, 27. Shelburne Falls; Jasmin Torrejon, Springfield and Holly Richardson, 47, Northampton.
The arrests occurred too late in the day for the demonstrators to be processed at the police station and then taken to Springfield District Court for arraignment, said Sgt. John Delaney, aide to Fitchet.
Arraignments will be Tuesday, he said. The demonstrators will be held at the Springfield Police Station until the court clerk magistrate arrives to set bail, he said.
As the protest was happening Monday, Fitchet said he saw no reason to interfere with the protesters outside on the sidewalk, and they were allowed to continue chanting and banging on upturned plastic buckets. They dispersed at about 1 p.m., an hour after the protest started with a march from the city’s South End, and about 45 minutes after the arrests.
SNOL Eviction Defense Team
Joe Oliverio November 24, 2012:
In 2013 Lara Shepard-Blue, was an organizer with Service Employees International Union District 1199 New England,
Freedom Road meeting
Spring 2015, the New York/New Jersey District of Freedom Road Socialist Organization sponsored a forum entitled “Ferguson: The Movement So Far and Lessons for Coming Struggles.” The first speaker was "our comrade", Montague Simmons, Chair of the legendary Organization for Black Struggle in St. Louis.
The meeting was held 39 Eldridge St,New York, 19 March 2015. Organized by Eric Odell.
- Speaking for the first time in NYC since the police murder of Michael Brown, the chair of OBS, which played a major role in the Ferguson protests, discusses the new strategies, organizational forms and social forces that emerged there, and how the movement was sustained. Loyda Colon will reflect on the Justice Committee’s work organizing with families directly impacted by police violence, and will share their thoughts on the current movement in NYC.
- Together they will share their thoughts on key questions for the movements against police abuse that are erupting around the country. How do we hold together broad united fronts with different generations, cultures, classes and political perspectives? What’s the role of anti-capitalists and socialists? What kind of policing reforms do we want and how do they relate to other issues in our communities, and to radical social transformation?
Those signalling their intention to attend on Wherevent included John McCarthy, Juliet Ucelli, Betty Yu, Lily Defriend, Wai Yee Poon, David Unger, Matthew Tinker, Ryan Briles, Enbion Micah Aan, Erick Moreno, Terry Marshall, Jesse Baboo, Daniel Tasripin, Anton Han Kiang, Starlitekid Cosmos, Clayton Nino Brown, Miguel Marrero-Bermudez, Joy Schulman, Jeanne D. Shaw, Mark Swier, Stephanie Zukasaka, Denise Chupacabral, Anne Mitchell, Emma Pliskin, Oriana Roeckraeyer, Lara Shepard-Blue, Karly Safar, Robina Rai, Man See Kong, Teresa Basilio, Aisha Shillingford, Adriana Cruz, Ofie Virtucio, Rivka Paradis, Katrina Cortes, Sharice Richards.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those invited, on Facebook included Lara Shepard-Blue.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those invited, on Facebook included Lara Shepard-Blue.
- Mass Live, 15 cited for trespassing following 'Occupy' and anti-foreclosure protest at downtown Springfield Bank of America office Jim Kinney | firstname.lastname@example.org By Jim Kinney | email@example.com on November 21, 2011 at 5:15
- FRSO, An In-Depth Look at the Ferguson Eruption: Organization for Black Struggle Leader Lays It Out Posted on Thursday August 13th, 2015 by FRSO/OSCL
- [http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Eric-Odell-Ferguson-The-Movement-So-Far-and-Lessons-for-Coming-Struggles Whereevent, Activities New York / Description A Discussion with Montague Simmons]
- Wherevent, A Discussion with Montague Simmons
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109