- 1 DSA Contact
- 2 Supporter of the New American Movement
- 3 Tribute to Ben Dobbs
- 4 Socialist Community School
- 5 Los Angeles DSA
- 6 DSA Conference delegate
- 7 DSA Feminist Commission
- 8 DSA Montana
- 9 Computer work
- 10 Amanda Curtis Host Committee
- 11 Montanans for Bernie
- 12 Montana DSA
- 13 Anti-Trump
- 14 Whitefish rally
- 15 Democratic Socialists of America Unity
- 16 DSA Prairie Dog Caucus
- 17 Billings DSA Organizers
- 18 Western MT DSA Closed Group
- 19 "Friends make friends vote!"
- 20 July 2018 Statewide meeting
- 21 DSA Regional Training
- 22 Stand with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- 23 References
Circa early 1980s Marshall Mayer, Education Coordinator was listed as a contact for the Los Angeles Democratic Socialists of America Exectutive Committee. At the bottom of the list was the statement, "Change the USA, work with DSA!".
Supporter of the New American Movement
In 1981, Karen Dubinsky, Chairperson, Ontario Federation of Students; the Pittsburgh Chapter of the National Lawyers Guild; the Socialist Community School Bookstore of Los Angeles; Bonnie Lambert and Marshall Mayer; Mary Clarke and Ben Clarke were listed as supporters of the New American Movement.
Tribute to Ben Dobbs
On Sunday, June 7, 1981, the Los Angeles Chapter of the New American Movement sponsored a Tribute to Ben Dobbs for "His lifelong commitment to socialism". The event was held at the Miramar-Sheraton Hotel, Santa Monica, California. At the dinner, Gayanne Feitinghoff, Edwina White and Marshall Mayer hosted a slide/sound presentation entitled "Ben Dobbs - 1yr to 69yrs". Mayer was also a sponsor of the event.
Socialist Community School
Los Angeles DSA
DSA Conference delegate
DSA Feminist Commission
Amanda Curtis Host Committee
- You are invited to Helena's premier fundraising event to Support Amanda Curtis for the U.S. Senate on October 15th (2014) from 5-7pm at the historic Windsor Ballroom atop the Iron Front Hotel in downtown Helena.
- Let's give Amanda Curtis a big Helena welcome, and send her off with buckets of hear-earned, home-grown cash contributions!
- Amanda's Helena Hosts:
- Kim Abbott
- Steve Bullock and Lisa Bullock
- Phil Campbell and Judy Fay
- Carlo Canty and Marietta Canty
- Lin Deola and Shaun Deola
- Andres Haladay
- Sarah Jaeger
- Denise Juneau
- Christine Kaufmann and Pat Kemp
- Nancy Keenan
- Jane Kollmeyer and Terry Chute
- Bonnie Lambert and Marshall Mayer*
- Beth Murphy
- Jon Satre and Paulette Etchart
- Sarah Sullivan
- Jon Tester and Sharla Tester
- Norma Tirrell and Gordon Bennett*
- Stephenie Ambrose Tubbs and John Tubbs
- Ali Wibbeler Zackheim and Alan Zackheim
Montanans for Bernie
Andy Boyd, 38, is a small business owner in Bozeman. He describes himself as an independent voter who’s never really been into politics, until this year. In May, he started supporting Sanders on Facebook.
“He’s the first politician to get me off my butt,” Boyd said, before launching into a breathless explanation of why he started two groups, Bozeman for Bernie and Montana for Bernie. It is now Montanans for Bernie.
“Bernie voted against the Iraq War in 2002 and he is anti-(Trans-Pacific Partnership) and Hillary is undecided on TPP,” Boyd said. “Hillary has been bought out by corporate America, unfortunately. Her biggest donors are the banks we bailed out and his biggest donors are the unions.”
Boyd isn’t alone. He recently teamed up with Marshall Mayer of Helena, who also started a Sanders Facebook group, to merge their pages and continue recruiting more to the Sanders’ campaign.
“We both started our own Facebook pages and then we combined them,” Boyd said. “It’s been going great ever since then.”
The combined page now has 4,786 likes. While Clinton supporters could be following a national page, for Sanders supporters, the fact that the Montana page for Clinton has just 786 likes is meaningful.
And their efforts are extending past social media into what looks like a nascent field campaign. Sanders supporters have held meetings, marched in a Butte parade, and distributed literature at the Gallatin County Fair and Bozeman’s Community Food Co-op.
“We’ve had three meetups here in Bozeman, each had 25 to 30 people,” Boyd said. He also listed a slew of coming events, including a live webcast with the senator Wednesday at Bar IX, which Boyd already has 30 RSVPs for. Bob Butts is also involved.
Marshall Mayer, was in January 2017, contact for Montana Democratic Socialists of America Organizing Committee.
- After the rally, the sun came out and it warmed up enough for our cameras to work. Here you see DSA members from Kalispell and Columbia Falls (two of only four members from the Flathead Valley, where Whitefish is), plus other members that came from Hot Springs, Missoula, Helena and Bozeman (a 5-hour drive). We were joined by several hundred other penguins. — with Arthur Fretheim, Marshall Mayer, Paul Dock, Bonnie Lambert and Tootie Welker in Whitefish, Montana.
Democratic Socialists of America Unity
DSA Prairie Dog Caucus
Billings DSA Organizers
Western MT DSA Closed Group
"Friends make friends vote!"
Amelia Marquez for HD 52 May 30 ·
Friends make friends vote!
Get your ballots in by Tuesday or head to the Metra on Tuesday to vote. You have until 8pm on Tuesday.
Paid for by Amelia Marquez for HD52| Democrat| Vicki Dickinson, Treasurer | 1121 Rays Lane, Billings, MT 59101 — with Gerane Mae, Rafael Marquez, Penny Ronning, Sara Hagen Hull, Patrick Scott-Wilson, Amy Denise, Tammy Mehlhaff, Autumn Gullickson, Jade Bahr, Kathleen O'Donnell, Hank Fuller, Ella Currier, Marshall Mayer, Jeff Blatnick, Jen Gross, Glenda Brauneis, Andy Boyd, Bekah Kellison-Decker, Danielle Egnew, Chris Kellison-Decker, Alayna Foster, Christl Domina, Denise Joy, Katie Sutton, Amelia Danielle Marquez, Anita Green, Nathalie Wagler, Rockie Gomez, Faranak Argani, Alexander Andrews, Yvonne Williams, Nadine Smith, Shea Gerard, Dakota Hileman, Sonia Davis, Rebecca Contreraz Marquez, Alejandro Marquez, Allie Hay, Drew Mammel, Josh Schleining, Keenan Weatherford, Marian Pesta Bradley, Debbie Macias Brown, Anne Giuliano, Renee Stonebraker, Casey O'Donnell, Christopher Goodridge and Randy Heinz.
July 2018 Statewide meeting
- 40 #beautifullsocialists, all members of the Democratic Socialists of America, convened for the first ever Montana DSA statewide meeting in Helena yesterday. We discussed how we could work together for Medicare for All, on the Poor People's Campaign, electing DSA members to the Montana legislature, for a Populist PAC, exploring fusion voting, and organizing socialists for statewide coordination and action.
- This was the largest meeting of organized socialists in Montana in at least four decades, and over 1/4 of our statewide membership attended. Most Montana communities of over 10,000 people were represented, including members from chapters in Billings DSA, Western MT DSA, Bozeman DSA, Glacier DSA, and Helena DSA.
With George McCauley, Ben Hahn, John Powers, Michael Workman, Marshall Mayer, Leslie Croot, Zeth Stone, Hank Fuller, Jessie Kline, Bonnie Lambert, Celia Winkler, Jacqueline Reimers, Ryan Meyers, Lynn Purl, Sandy Dvarishkis, Amelia Danielle Marquez, Jade Bahr, Arthur Fretheim, Rich Smith, Sonia Davis, Randy Heinz, Andy Boyd, Josh Schleining, Keenan Weatherford, Janet Kosnik, Nadine Smith, Mark Fiege, Haleigh Thrall, Bill Entwistle, Duran Caferro, Mark Anderlik, Philip Richmond and Nancy Fuller Bleck.
DSA Regional Training
Hannah Allison December 2 2018:
Feeling inspired after this weekend’s DSA Regional Training in Salt Lake City! We had Democratic Socialists of America chapters from Utah, Montana, Colorado and South Dakota. Grateful to have these amazing organizers out west!
Stand with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
We Stand with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was a 2018 letter signed by several Democratic Socialists of America members mainly from the DSA North Star in response to attacks on Ocasio-Cortez over remarks she made on Palestine.
- A recent petition circulated by some DSA members criticizes Ocasio-Cortez for supporting a two state solution to the Palestine-Israel question and not aligning with a long list of demands regarding Palestine and Israel. Should Ocasio-Cortez fail to agree with this list of demands, the petitioners are calling for DSA to revoke her endorsement. These attacks on Ocasio-Cortez have come despite the fact that she has staked out positions which will make her one of the strongest advocates of Palestinian rights and self-determination in Congress.
- We stand with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. The position she has taken on Israel and Palestine are principled stances, worthy of a democratic socialist, in its recognition of both Palestinian humanity and rights and Israeli humanity and rights. On this issue, as many, she will be a voice for the voiceless in Congress.
Signatures included Marshall Mayer.
- DSA contacts sheet
- 10th Anniversary Booklet for the New American Movement, 1981
- Tribute to Ben Dobbs program, June 7, 1981
- Socialist Community School committee member list Feb 1982
- LA DSA members letter July 10 1982
- LA, DSA, letterhead January 28th, 1985
- DSA Conference delegate list Oct. 12 1983 update
- 1986 DSA Feminist Commission Directory
- Democratic Left, March/April 1991, page 14
- Democratic Left, Sep./Oct. 1992, page 32
- http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/news/politics/of-all-places-sanders-presidential-bid-has-growing-support-in/article_80020b68-4e62-5b76-9395-c6d9d9398416.html Bozeman Daily Chronicle, Of all places, Sanders’ presidential bid has growing support in MontanaBy Troy Carter Chronicle Staff Writer Jul 23, 2015 ]