- 1 DSA Contact
- 2 New American Movement
- 3 Tribute to Ben Dobbs
- 4 DSA Feminist Commission
- 5 Amanda Curtis Host Committee
- 6 Whitefish rally
- 7 Anti-Trump
- 8 Helena DSA contact
- 9 Helena Supports Heenan
- 10 Democratic Socialists of America Unity
- 11 Western MT DSA Closed Group
- 12 July 2018 Statewide meeting
- 13 Stand with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- 14 Socialist Majority Caucus
- 15 References
Circa early 1980s Bonnie Lambert was listed as an at large Los Angeles Council member for the Democratic Socialists of America. At the bottom of the list was the statement, "Change the USA, work with DSA!".
New American Movement
In 1981, Karen Dubinsky, Chairperson, Ontario Federation of Students; the Pittsburgh Chapter of the National Lawyers Guild; the Socialist Community School Bookstore of Los Angeles; Bonnie Lambert and Marshall Mayer; Mary Clarke and Ben Clarke were listed as supporters of the New American Movement.
Tribute to Ben Dobbs
On Sunday, June 7, 1981, the Los Angeles Chapter of the New American Movement sponsored a Tribute to Ben Dobbs for "His lifelong commitment to socialism". The event was held at the Miramar-Sheraton Hotel, Santa Monica, California. Sponsors of the event included Bonnie Lambert.
DSA Feminist Commission
Amanda Curtis Host Committee
- You are invited to Helena's premier fundraising event to Support Amanda Curtis for the U.S. Senate on October 15th (2014) from 5-7pm at the historic Windsor Ballroom atop the Iron Front Hotel in downtown Helena.
- Let's give Amanda Curtis a big Helena welcome, and send her off with buckets of hear-earned, home-grown cash contributions!
- Amanda's Helena Hosts:
- Kim Abbott
- Steve Bullock and Lisa Bullock
- Phil Campbell and Judy Fay
- Carlo Canty and Marietta Canty
- Lin Deola and Shaun Deola
- Andres Haladay
- Sarah Jaeger
- Denise Juneau
- Christine Kaufmann and Pat Kemp
- Nancy Keenan
- Jane Kollmeyer and Terry Chute
- Bonnie Lambert and Marshall Mayer*
- Beth Murphy
- Jon Satre and Paulette Etchart
- Sarah Sullivan
- Jon Tester and Sharla Tester
- Norma Tirrell and Gordon Bennett*
- Stephenie Ambrose Tubbs and John Tubbs
- Ali Wibbeler Zackheim and Alan Zackheim
- After the rally, the sun came out and it warmed up enough for our cameras to work. Here you see DSA members from Kalispell and Columbia Falls (two of only four members from the Flathead Valley, where Whitefish is), plus other members that came from Hot Springs, Missoula, Helena and Bozeman (a 5-hour drive). We were joined by several hundred other penguins. — with Arthur Fretheim, Marshall Mayer, Paul Dock, Bonnie Lambert and Tootie Welker in Whitefish, Montana.
Helena DSA contact
Helena Supports Heenan
Join us at our community fundraiser to support John Heenan for Congress. Help us send John into the final month of the primary campaign on a high note (this event will be Johns last public appearance in Helena before the primary).
John Heenan is the fighter for working Montanans that we need representing us in Washington, DC, and is endorsed by Our Revolution, Justice Democrats, The People for Bernie Sanders, Montana Progressive Democrats, and Montana Conservation Voters.
Local fundraising co-hosts include Wilmot Collins and Maddie Collins, Amanda Curtis and Kevin Curtis, Rachel Carroll Rivas, Erin Farris-Olsen and Robert Farris-Olsen, Eric Feaver and Ellen Feaver, Katherine Hausrath, Jacquie Helt, Jim Jensen, Frank Kromkowski, Daniel Ladd, Cheryl Lamb and Mike Lamb, Dan Laughlin and Kiera Laughlin, Bonnie Lambert and Marshall Mayer, Josh Manning, Lorna Milne and Jonathan Motl, Casey Molloy and Jim Molloy, Nann Parrett and Aaron Parrett, Ken Toole, and Kim Wilson.
- HOST:Marshall Mayer
- LOCATION:Windsor Ballroom of the Iron Front Hotel (Helena, MT).
Democratic Socialists of America Unity
Western MT DSA Closed Group
July 2018 Statewide meeting
- 40 #beautifullsocialists, all members of the Democratic Socialists of America, convened for the first ever Montana DSA statewide meeting in Helena yesterday. We discussed how we could work together for Medicare for All, on the Poor People's Campaign, electing DSA members to the Montana legislature, for a Populist PAC, exploring fusion voting, and organizing socialists for statewide coordination and action.
- This was the largest meeting of organized socialists in Montana in at least four decades, and over 1/4 of our statewide membership attended. Most Montana communities of over 10,000 people were represented, including members from chapters in Billings DSA, Western MT DSA, Bozeman DSA, Glacier DSA, and Helena DSA.
With George McCauley, Ben Hahn, John Powers, Michael Workman, Marshall Mayer, Leslie Croot, Zeth Stone, Hank Fuller, Jessie Kline, Bonnie Lambert, Celia Winkler, Jacqueline Reimers, Ryan Meyers, Lynn Purl, Sandy Dvarishkis, Amelia Danielle Marquez, Jade Bahr, Arthur Fretheim, Rich Smith, Sonia Davis, Randy Heinz, Andy Boyd, Josh Schleining, Keenan Weatherford, Janet Kosnik, Nadine Smith, Mark Fiege, Haleigh Thrall, Bill Entwistle, Duran Caferro, Mark Anderlik, Philip Richmond and Nancy Fuller Bleck.
Stand with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
We Stand with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was a 2018 letter signed by several Democratic Socialists of America members mainly from the DSA North Star in response to attacks on Ocasio-Cortez over remarks she made on Palestine.
- A recent petition circulated by some DSA members criticizes Ocasio-Cortez for supporting a two state solution to the Palestine-Israel question and not aligning with a long list of demands regarding Palestine and Israel. Should Ocasio-Cortez fail to agree with this list of demands, the petitioners are calling for DSA to revoke her endorsement. These attacks on Ocasio-Cortez have come despite the fact that she has staked out positions which will make her one of the strongest advocates of Palestinian rights and self-determination in Congress.
- We stand with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. The position she has taken on Israel and Palestine are principled stances, worthy of a democratic socialist, in its recognition of both Palestinian humanity and rights and Israeli humanity and rights. On this issue, as many, she will be a voice for the voiceless in Congress.
Signatures included Bonnie Lambert.