Steve Bullock is Governor of Montana.
In 2012, fresh off of leading 26 states in the fight against Citizens United, Montana Attorney General Steve Bullock faced GOP Representative Rick Hill in the state’s gubernatorial race.
At the center of another key fight, Bullock stood up to national and home-state pressure and refused to sign a friend-of-the court brief opposing the 2010 Affordable Care Act.
Among the most competitive gubernatorial races in the country, Bullock had a slim lead a month out from the election. he won the race 
ARA endorsement, 2014
21st Century Democrats support
21st Century Democrats is a Political Action Committee that has stood for Progressive causes for over 20 years. Founded in 1986 by Institute for Policy Studies affiliate, Iowa Senator Tom Harkin, Democratic Socialists of America affiliates, former Texas Agriculture Secretary Jim Hightower, and former Illinois Congressman Lane Evans. Its three main goals are to help elect progressive candidates, train young people about grassroots organizing, and lastly, to continue to support our elected officials after Election Day "through our comprehensive progressive network".
Carol Moseley Braun, a former US Senator from Illinois, and long time Communist Party USA affiliate, serves on the organization's Advisory Board. Long time Board chair was Democratic Socialists of America member Jim Scheibel, a former Mayor of Saint Paul, Minnesota.
The mission of 21st Century Democrats is to build a "farm team" of progressive populists who will be the future leaders of the Democratic Party.
- In each election cycle, we endorse a diverse array of candidates who exemplify our values and show unusual promise to advance our progressive goals. We invest in some of the most competitive races as well as in some of the most challenging – those in which the candidates are outstanding but the traditional Democratic supporters are most reticent. We back candidates in primaries as well as general election races, and we focus the bulk of our resources on electing challengers and protecting vulnerable incumbents.
He was also supported in 2008.
21st Century Democrats endorsed Kamala Harris for Senator from California, Patty Murray, Senator Washington, Russ Feingold Senator Wisconsin, Ted Strickland, Senator Ohio, and Steve Bullock, Governor Montana.
Amanda Curtis Host Committee
- You are invited to Helena's premier fundraising event to Support Amanda Curtis for the U.S. Senate on October 15th (2014) from 5-7pm at the historic Windsor Ballroom atop the Iron Front Hotel in downtown Helena.
- Let's give Amanda Curtis a big Helena welcome, and send her off with buckets of hear-earned, home-grown cash contributions!
- Amanda's Helena Hosts:
- Kim Abbott
- Steve Bullock and Lisa Bullock
- Phil Campbell and Judy Fay
- Carlo Canty and Marietta Canty
- Lin Deola and Shaun Deola
- Andres Haladay
- Sarah Jaeger
- Denise Juneau
- Christine Kaufmann and Pat Kemp
- Nancy Keenan
- Jane Kollmeyer and Terry Chute
- Bonnie Lambert and Marshall Mayer*
- Beth Murphy
- Jon Satre and Paulette Etchart
- Sarah Sullivan
- Jon Tester and Sharla Tester
- Norma Tirrell and Gordon Bennett*
- Stephenie Ambrose Tubbs and John Tubbs
- Ali Wibbeler Zackheim and Alan Zackheim
Trade with Cuba
The governors of nine U.S. states have sent a forcefully worded letter to the House and Senate leadership in Washington calling for an end to the 54-year U.S. trade blockade of socialist Cuba.
The letter, dated October 9 2015, was signed by Republican governors Robert Bentley of Alabama and Butch Otter of Idaho, and Democratic governors Jerry Brown of California, Steve Bullock of Montana, Mark Dayton of Minnesota, Thomas Wolf of Pennsylvania, Peter Shumlin of Vermont, Terry McAuliffe of Virginia and Jay Inslee of Washington. It was addressed to outgoing House Speaker John Boehner, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid.
The text of the letter emphasizes the benefits that could accrue to U.S. industries, especially agriculture, and workers by greatly increasing U.S. trade with Cuba. The letters point out that although the sale of U.S. farm products has been allowed since the passage of the Trade Sanctions Reform and Export Enhancement Act of 2000, Cuba is still not allowed, under U.S. law, to purchase any U.S. products using credit mechanisms available to all other U.S. trading partners.
Democratic Party leaders 2015
- Iowa Senate Majority Leader Mike Gronstal, Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee Chairman
- Rep. Ben Ray Luján, Democratic Congressional Committee Chair
- Sen. Jon Tester, Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee Chair
- Gov. Steve Bullock, Democratic Governors Association Chair
- 21st Century Democrats bio, accessed Jan. 15, 2012
- 21st Century Democrats website, About us]
- 21st Century Democrats 2012 bio
- Century Democrats, 2016 candidates
- http://peoplesworld.org/nine-governors-ask-congress-to-end-cuba-blockade/ PW Nine governors ask Congress to end Cuba blockade by: Emile Schepers October 16 2015]
- DNC officers 2015