- 1 DSA
- 2 Education
- 3 Massachusetts Voter Table
- 4 Fight Back Teach In
- 5 "Wholesome Meme Stash"
- 6 Galvanize Chicago
- 7 Democratic Socialists of America Electoral Committee
- 8 Toward Radical Democracy
- 9 Beyond Bernie
- 10 Socialist Majority Caucus
- 11 National Gathering
- 12 Boston DSA Synthesis Slate
- 13 References
Beth builds grassroots, campus-based chapters of the Student Labor Action Project, a joint project of Jobs With Justice and the United States Student Association. After graduating from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Beth organized at the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees , primarily working on campaigns to improve language access for Medicaid patients and to win respect for emergency medical services professionals in California. Before working at AFSCME, Beth was a highly active student organizer on campus, orchestrating student mobilizations in support of public workers during the Wisconsin uprising in 2011. In addition, Beth served as the vice president and chair of the board of directors of United Council of UW Students, the statewide student association in Wisconsin, and helped lead a campaign that won an unprecedented two-year tuition freeze for 180,000 University of Wisconsin System students. At UW-Madison, Beth studied biochemistry and history.
Studied Biochemistry at University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Massachusetts Voter Table
- Beth Huang, Director
- Jordan Brandt, Data and Targeting Manager
- Betsy Eichel, Field Coordinator
- Henry Hernandez, Organizer, Worcester En Movimiento
Fight Back Teach In
The following were featured speakers for the Teach In:
- Frances Fox Piven
- Cornel West
- Honorable Gustavo Rivera, New York State Senator
- Jeffrey Sachs, Columbia University
- Heather McGhee, Demos
- Richard Trumka, President AFL-CIO
- Beth Huang, student leader, Wisconsin, United Students Against Sweatshops
- Anthony Klug, public education activist, UFT, Wadleigh High Chapter
- Sergio Cuevas, housing activist, National People's Action
"Wholesome Meme Stash"
Members of the Democratic Socialists of America Wholesome Meme Stash closed Facebook group, accessed November 14, 2017 included Beth Huang.
Midwest Academy July 14, 2017.
Democratic Socialists of America Electoral Committee
In March 2018 Beth Huang was involved with the Democratic Socialists of America Electoral Committee.
Toward Radical Democracy
Toward Radical Democracy was a 2018 "Proposal for Internal Voting Reform in Boston DSA".
- If you would like to sign on in support of this proposal, please click here. To date, over 100 members of Boston DSA have endorsed it. We also welcome support from DSA comrades in other chapters.
Signatories included Beth Huang.
Beyond Bernie: Electoral Strategy for an Independent Left
April 2019 Organizing Upgrade pulled together leaders and activists from many of the most important movements of the left electoral upsurge to discuss both short- and long-term electoral strategy. The recent resurgence of electoral engagement amongst the social movement and party left in the US is inspiring and full of potential, but still lacks a shared strategy across the groups leading the charge. Moving past the mainstream media focus on the presidential horserace, we talk to organizers on the front lines about the current state of this movement sector, and critical interventions that independent left organizers can make to move this work forward.
The strategy session included*:
- Maurice Moe Mitchell, Working Families Party
- David Duhalde, Our Revolution
- Kayla Reed, M4BL
- Andrea Mercado, New Florida Majority
- Luke Elliott-Negri, DSA
- Ash-Lee Henderson, Highlander Center, M4BL, and Southern Movement Assembly
- Jon Liss, New Virginia Majority
- Beth Huang, Boston DSA
Socialist Majority Caucus
The DSA AfroSocialist and Socialists of Color Caucus National Gathering Planning Committee proposed a National gathering to take place June 7th-9th, 2019 in New Orleans, Louisiana at Loyola University.
The tentative planning committee was Bianca Cunningham NYC-DSA, Alyssa Pariah Portland-DSA, Kristian Hernandez NTX-DSA, Suzanne-Juliette Mobley New Orleans, Sumathy Kumar NYC-DSA, Maikiko JamesLA-DSA, Beth Huang -Boston-DSA, Marian Jones-NYC-DSA, Ashley Payne East Bay-DSA, Sasha Hammad-DSA national staff.
Boston DSA Synthesis Slate
Introducing: the Boston Democratic Socialists of America Synthesis Slate Feb 22, 2018.
Synthesis is a group of committed DSA members with diverse perspectives and ideas who all share the strong conviction that pluralism is DSA’s greatest strength. We are eager to make major changes in the American political landscape, including the elimination of all forms of oppression, imperialism, inequality, and suffering, and we understand that we must reflect those desires in our internal structure and choices as an organization. We value transparent, direct democracy, radical kindness, sincere debate and discussion, and empowering members to create the DSA (and world) that they want to see. We believe that we can achieve socialism in our lifetimes. We’re running for Steering Committee and officer positions; meet us below!