- 1 Labor activism
- 2 Somerville comrades
- 3 Democratic Socialists of America
- 4 How Class Works
- 5 Lui Cheng 2007 American tour
- 6 Center for Labor Renewal
- 7 Jobs with Justice
- 8 Support for Bernie Sanders
- 9 Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
- 10 Beyond Shell Shock
- 11 Endorsing Fetonte
- 12 Our Revolution - Somerville
- 13 Backing Jared Golden
- 14 Lobbying Capuano
- 15 References
Rand Wilson is communications coordinator at the AFL-CIO Organizing Dept.'s Center for Strategic Research. He has worked as a union organizer and “labor communicator” for more than twenty years. He was s based in Massachusetts
While at Local 285, he was actively involved in health care reform, helping to spearhead a statewide Jobs with Justice Health Care Action Day and “Take a Break for Health Care,” a short on-the-job membership education program.
Mashael Majid 2019July 18 ·
Democratic Socialists of America
Socialist Majority Caucus
Debs-Thomas-Bernstein Awards Reception
On June 12, 2001, Rand Wilson was a supporter of the annual Debs-Thomas-Bernstein Awards reception which is hosted by Boston Democratic Socialists of America. The Debs-Thomas-Bernstein Award is presented to "leaders who fight for democracy, here at home and around the world". Ed Clark, Honorary Vice Chair of Democratic Socialists of America; and Communist Party USA-linked Dessima Williams received the Debs-Thomas-Bernstein Award, while DSAer John Maher received the Michael Harrington Lifetime Achievement Award. DSAer David Knuttunen; Boston-based "social justice" organization Neighbor to Neighbor; and In These Times members Abby Rockefeller and Lee Halprin were benefactors of the reception. The reception took place at the home of DSAer Marcia Peters and her husband David Karaus in Jamaica Plain.
2013 DSA Awards
The 2013 Debs-Thomas-Bernstein Awards, sponsored by Boston Democratic Socialists of America, took place June 7.
DSA is "proud to honor three of Boston’s best activists at this year’s annual awards reception: Jennifer Doe, Shelagh Foreman, and Andi Mullin". Honorary Chairs for the event were Brian Corr, Director of the Cambridge Peace Commission; Harris Gruman, Political Director for Massachusetts SEIU; State Representative Denise Provost, and Rand Wilson, SEIU Local 888. 
DSA Speakers Bureau
How Class Works
At the How Class Works - 2002 Conference, panels included; 6.2 Recent Strike Experiences
“ CWA and the Verizon Strike”
“ The 1996 California Drywallers’ Strike”
- Peter Olney, UC Berkeley – Institute for Labor and Employment
“ Resurrecting the Strike as Labor’s Primary Weapon”
“ Justice for Janitors in Los Angeles”
- Rand Wilson, Service Employees International Union
“ The Teamsters and UPS”
Lui Cheng 2007 American tour
The American Center for International Labor Solidarity and the National Labor College recently hosted Professor Liu Cheng for Shanghai Normal University to discuss the evolution of the new draft contract labor law in China. Cheng’s visit to the NLC on March 27th was the culmination of a multi-state tour meeting with union leaders and members of Congress.
For the report by Global Labor Strategies analyzing the impact of transnational corporations on the first draft of the Contract Law go to: UNDUE INFLUENCE: Corporation Gain Ground in Battle Over Chinas New Labor Law
Liu Cheng's tour included nearly 45 events over 17 days, in the Bay Area, Boston, Amherst, New York and Washington DC. A partial list of the many sponsoring organizations, and their key contact, includes:
Center for Labor Renewal
Jobs with Justice
Rand Wilson February 27, 2014:
Steering Committee with huge turn out from labor, community and faith-based organizations — with Dick Bower, Edwin Argueta, Paul Garver, Russ Davis, Cole Harrison, Allyson Every, Lily Huang, Paul Drake, Natalia Alejandra, Tomas Gonzalez, John Doherty, Armando Zamora, Lisa Clauson, Alex Zwicker Galimberti and Ture Richard Turnbull at Jobs with Justice.
Support for Bernie Sanders
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those invited, on Facebook included Rand Wilson.
Beyond Shell Shock
Beyond Shell Shock: Labor after the Trump disaster was hosted by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday, February 26 at 8 PM - 9:30 PM.
- Join us in this webcast to take a hard look at the place we're in as a labor movement - and consider how we can make the labor movement be a leading force in the resistance to Trump and the fight for a better world.
- What's our strategy? What kinds of alliances do we need? Do we just play defense?
- In the face of National Right to Work, vicious attacks on workers of color in and out of the workplace, escalating divisions in the AFLCIO and the Democratic Party, and more we've got our work cut out for us. Let's figure out how to win.
Those invited included Rand Wilson.
Our Revolution - Somerville
Rand Wilson November 5, 2017 near Somerville, MA ·
Supporting Ben Ewen-Campen.
Backing Jared Golden
Rand Wilson is deciding between devoting his time to the contest for an open seat in New Hampshire’s First Congressional District that could easily go Republican or campaigning for Jared Golden, the Democrats’ nominee challenging Republican Rep. Bruce Poliquin in Maine’s 2nd Congressional District race
Rand Wilson November 3 2018:
Let’s flip the House! Great to knock doors today with this crew to put Jared Golden over the top in Maine’s Congressional District 2. — with Enid Eckstein, Joanie Parker and Leslie Cohen in Farmington, Maine.
Our Revolution - Somerville August 23, 2017.
Eleven leaders of local Our Revolution Massachusetts groups in Congressional District 7 met with Congressman Mike Capuano in his Cambridge district office to discuss the People's Platform on Aug. 23, 2017.
Summer for Progress supporters across the country are organizing to demand House Democrats cosponsor seven bills in Congress that closely reflect the positions and values of the Democratic P... See More — with Mike Capuano, Rand Wilson, Sean McFarland, BL Gemini Ace, Richard Hughes, Larry Rich and Alexander Place in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- In these times bio, accessed march 3, 2011
- The Yankee Radical, June 2001, page 1
- TYR June 2013, page 1]
- How Class Works - 2002 Conference Schedule (accessed July 24 2010)
- [https://www.facebook.com/notes/austin-dsa/support-danny-fetonte-for-npc/1917815435143506/Support Danny Fetonte for NPC AUSTIN DSA·SUNDAY, JULY 23, 2017]
- The Stansbury Forum AUGUST 5, 2018 All Out for the Mid-terms: Democrats Must Retake the House to Put the Brakes on Trump! BY PETER OLNEY AND RAND WILSON