- 1 Occupy panel
- 2 National Student Power Convergence 2012
- 3 People’s Agenda march
- 4 Rise Up Georgia arrests
- 5 Latin American Socialist Youth Camp
- 6 The Movement for Black Lives
- 7 BLM comrades
- 8 Comrades
- 9 Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
- 10 #ResistTrumpTuesdays
- 11 Campaigning for Lumumba
- 12 Black Ideological Struggle Webinar
- 13 References
Nelini Stamp is married to Joel Solow.
OccupyWallStreet We welcome a blue-ribbon panel of movement activists:
- Maria Svart, National Director of the Democratic Socialists of America
- Andrew Porter, National Organizer, Young Democratic Socialists
- Florence Williams-Johnson, Member, United NY and Organizer-at-Large 1199/SEIU
- Nelini Stamp, Organizer, Working Families Party
- Louis Cholden-Brown, CFD and CB7 Board Member and Columbia University student
National Student Power Convergence 2012
Speakers at the National Student Power Convergence 2012 included Naomi Klein, Rebel Diaz, Stephen Lerner, Joshua Kahn Russell, Nelini Stamp, Ben Manski, Angus Johnston, Nayantara Sen, Samantha Corbin, Carl Davidson.
People’s Agenda march
August 27, 2012, well over 1,000 people rallied and marched in the streets of Tampa to demand good jobs, affordable education, healthcare, equality, and peace. Although the Republicans cancelled the first day of their convention due to Hurricane Isaac, organizers with the Coalition to March on the RNC went through with their promise to march on the first day of the convention to show their opposition to the agenda of the 1% and their support for a People’s Agenda.
Notable speakers included Carlos Montes, a leading immigrants’ rights leader; Joe Iosbaker; a spokesperson for the anti-war movement; Skye Schmelzer, representative of the National Students for a Democratic Society; Medea Benjamin, a co-founder of Code Pink and major peace activist; Ciara Taylor, a representative of Dream Defenders and a Black community organizer; Nelini Stamp, one of the original organizers of Occupy Wall Street; and Oscar Otzoy, a Florida farm worker organizer with the Coalition of Immokalee Workers. Organizations present included Students for a Democratic Society, Veterans for Peace, Southern California Immigrant Coalition, Southern Christian Leadership Conference, five Florida Occupy chapters, six Fight Back Florida chapters, Dream Defenders, United National Anti-war Coalition, Committee to Stop FBI Repression, International Action Center, Code Pink, four Florida AFL-CIO labor councils, and Region 3 of AFSCME Council 79.
Organizer Fern Figueroa stated: “Today we took a stand with more than 1,000 people against the Republicans and their agenda of hatred, poverty, and war. Today we stand up for all the good things people need and strike a blow against those who deprive us that.”
Rise Up Georgia arrests
On Saturday, December 20, 2014, thirteen activists blocked the intersection at Lenox Road and Peachtree Street during heavy holiday traffic going to Lenox Mall and Phipps Plaza to shop.
They shut down shopping as usual for ninety minutes to bring media attention to the increasing number of black men murdered by police and the failure of the grand jury system to indict.
“We were held at the zone 2 police station for over four hours, handcuffed in zip ties, causing injuries to wrists and shoulders. We were denied access to make phone call [sic], while members of our group were singled out and interrogated by officers in an attempt to intimidate them and gather information without due process,” Rise Up Georgia said in the statement.
Rise Up Georgia issued a press statement,
The arrestees are: Daniel Hanley, Drake Jones, Corin Warlick, Megan Morgan, Robert Andrews, Margaret Kraft, Latranese Sapp, Shabnam Bashiri, Shakia Pennix, Joel Solow, Rebekah Ward, Nelini Stamp, and Samuel Reed Gallman. All of the arrestees are under the age of 35, with the exception of Kraft, who is fifty.
Latin American Socialist Youth Camp
Daniela Saczek, March 24, 2015.
- Women power! Brasilia, for the Latin American Socialist Youth Camp.
The Movement for Black Lives
Organizing 101, Nelini Stamp.
Local Power: Policy Priorities and Coordination for Black Lives, Nelini Stamp.
April 24 ·2016, Nelini Stamp with Reed Gallman, Suhaib Abaza, Devyn Eli Springer, Sarah Mirza, Aurelia Williams, Dee Vaughn, Carlynn Greene, Annette Taylor, Joel Solow, Asia Parks, Ivan Alpha, Shweta Malhotra, Arturo Martinez Del Rello, Olamide Shabazz and Patrick Foreman.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
- Many of our movements and the Left have struggled to make sense of what a potential Trump victory might mean, or what are the implications of a new Clinton administration with a broadly activated far Right. What approach should the Left take towards these possibilities? How should we think about organizing, alliance building, and constructing independent political power? How can progressive and Left movements build upon the moment generated by the Bernie Sanders campaign, the Movement for Black Lives, the immigrant rights movement, and the womanist backlash against Trump's misogynism?
- Sendolo Diaminah is on the National Executive Committee of Freedom Road Socialist Organization and the Program Coordinator with BOLD- Black Organizing for Leadership and Dignity.
- Bill Fletcher, Jr., is an author and activist who is a longtime socialist and Black internationalist.
- Nelini Stamp is an organizer with the Working Families Party.
- Linda Burnham is an activist and writer for women's rights and racial justice.
Hundreds of New Yorkers turned out in the pouring rain Tuesday to show their opposition to President Donald Trump's Cabinet appointments and to demand the same of their elected representatives. The demonstration was held outside the Manhattan offices of Sens. Kirsten Gillibrand and Chuck Schumer as part of a day of nationwide protests called #ResistTrumpTuesdays.
There were more than 100 actions in cities across the country, according to organizers, who plan to protest every Tuesday. The next planned action in New York City will take place outside Sen. Schumer’s home in Brooklyn.
“We’re going to come out every Tuesday,” says Nelini Stamp, an organizer with the Working Families Party, one of the groups that called for the demonstration. “We’re out here to block Trump’s Cabinet.”
In addition to the Working Families Party, the coalition that called for #ResistTrumpTuesdays includes MoveOn.org and People’s Action. Organizers estimated that between 800-1,200 people attended the New York action, which stretched eight rows back from police barricades for much of the afternoon.
Campaigning for Lumumba
Black Ideological Struggle Webinar
Black Ideological Struggle: Radical, Liberal, Conservative Public · Hosted by Sendolo Diaminah and Cazembe Jackson
Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 8:30 PM
Created for Black August Practice Group
- Join Sendolo Diaminah for a conversation about why Black radicals can and must learn how to effectively engage liberal and conservative ideologies among our people.
- September 2, 2017. Hey family! Here is the final recording from the Black August webinars! Sendolo Diaminah took lots of patience and creativity breaking down Black Ideological Struggle for us.
Those saying they would attend, on Facebook included Nelini Stamp.
- DSA Meetup group, DSA at #Occupy Wall Street panel at Goddard-Riverside Community Center
- [http://wibailoutpeople.org/2012/08/27/coalition-to-march-on-the-rnc-more-than-a-thousand-rally-in-face-of-storm/Wisconsin Bail Out the People Movement Coalition to March on the RNC: More Than a Thousand Rally in Face of Storm Posted on August 27, 2012 For immediate release August 27, 2012]
- Atlanta Progressive News, THIRTEEN ACTIVISTS ARRESTED IN LENOX ROAD PROTEST OF POLICE BRUTALITY December 24, 2014
- [ http://movementforblacklives.org/schedule/speakers/Movement for Black Lives conference program, accessed November 20, 2015]
- [http://inthesetimes.com/article/19842/resisttrumptuesdays-launches-nationwide ITT WEB ONLY / FEATURES » JANUARY 24, 2017
- ResistTrumpTuesdays Launches Nationwide BY JOHN KNEFEL]