Left Forum 2010
Revolution in Nepal:
Left Forum 2011
The Mountains Tremble: A Reportback from the Revolution in Nepal:
- Sponsored by: Kasama Project
- Eric Ribellarsi, Kasama Project
- Fanshen Wong, Kasama Project
- Mutki Nepal — North American Nepali Student Association
- Jed Brandt, Kasama Project
- Robina Rai, Committee for a New South Asia
Binayak Sen demo
Dennis O'Neil January 27, 2011:
There is a NYC demo tomorrow for Dr. Binayak Sen (see my post earlier today, if you haven't read it yet). It's at the Indian Consulate--3 East 64th--at 3:30. I'll be there and I hope you will (esp. Daniel Tasripin, Fanshen Wong, Fire wolf Bizahaloni-Nelson, Jed Brandt, Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero, Robina Rai--and spread the word, y'all).
Khalil Vasquez November 7, 2011:
With Griffith Nunez, Melanie Rodriguez, Domingo Estevez, Kevin Morenito, Alex Wolf, Felicia Bishop, Russell David, Fanshen Wong, Oh La LiZzss, Genesis Aquino, LaMont OyeWale' Badru, Deyanira Genao, Tashawn Brown, Hank Williams, Ben Becker, Julian Guerrero, Osiris Feliz, Kas Nfinda, Kevin Corea, Sam Connet, Freddy Bastone, Sharmin Hossain, Kerbie Joseph, Fernanda Pardo, Ayeska B-t, Sally Abdel., Mariama Cba, Larry Hales, Christopher Gunderson, Charles Harding and Eric Odell.
"Morales / Shakur Center" student suspensions events
On October 28, 2013, a City College administrator suspended Tafadar Sourov and Khalil Vasquez, two students who led demonstrations against the administration’s illegal raid and seizure of the Guillermo Morales / Assata Shakur Community Center. The Morales / Shakur Center is a space that has existed at City College for more than 20 years and was first won in 1989 through a mass student strike and occupations throughout CUNY.
- In response to the attacks on our student leaders, students and community say: WE ARE NOT AFRAID. Repression will not end the campaign to save the Morales / Shakur Center or the broader struggle to liberate CUNY for the people. Hundreds on campus and in the community will follow their example. Any punitive measures against Taffy and Khalil will only be a lesson to the people that the CCNY administration dismisses the people’s concerns and that the people must escalate their mass actions.
- Taffy and Khalil are fighting for the people, defending the last autonomous campus space that serves the community and defending the legacy of the people’s revolutionary heroes. THE PEOPLE MUST DEFEND TAFFY AND KHALIL. The people cannot stand aside and look as the City College administration attempts to isolate them and promote fake sellout student leaders who want to negotiate away the Center. The Center was won through struggle and will be reclaimed through struggle.
Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee organized a meeting in Edgewater, 160 Convent Avenue,New York, Friday 8 November 2013, to organize resistance. Those indicating their willingness to attend on the Wherevent website included Fanshen Wong.
Right to the City connection
Right to the City Alliance January 25, 2013 ·
The city never sleeps. — with Marvin Mitchell, Jessica Klonsky, Ilana Berger, Sofia Quintero, Monse Santana, Max Uhlenbeck, Carmen Pineiro, Luz Schreiber, Carlos J. Serrano, Stuart Ewen, Priscilla Grim, Kelly Anderson, Anna Ortega-Williams, Sonny Singh Brooklynwala, Doyle Canning, Laurie Davidson, Kassia Ringell, Janvieve Williams Comrie, Sasa Garcia, Hank Williams, Rachel LaForest, Yasmeen Perez, Amaka Okechukwu, Christopher Gunderson, Valery Jean, Alexandra Lopez Reitzes, Doug Cunningham, Imani Henry, Kazembe Balagun, Irini Neofotistos, Evan Siegel, Mark Swier, Karen Oh, Heidi Easton Chua Schwa, Lisa Asedillo Pratt, Gilda Haas, Chepe Nangara, Maribel Cordero-Garcia, Crecensio Morales, Taleigh Bicicleta, Jatnna Ramirez, Orlando Morales, Ismael Nunez, Tania Romero, Vicente Alba-Panama and Fanshen Wong.
With Rusia Mohiuddin, Betty Yu, Numi Dee, Krysten Brown-Green, Jumaane D. Williams, Hasan Salaam, Eric Valentin, Jr., Jessica Alfreds, Carrie Gleason, John M. Blasco, Laurie Cumbo, Wanda Imasuen, Irini Neofotistos, Bryan K. Echols, Lynn Lewis, Fahd Ahmed, Joan Gibbs, Andrea Nelson, Lucas Shapiro, Tenelle Breukelen, Peter Hardie, Mo Meazy George, Marquis Jenkins, Imani Henry, Jack Aponte, Tamara Czyzyk, Maurice Moe Mitchell, Elizabeth Yeampierre, Lumumba Bandele, Pamela Hamilton-Brown, Colleen Vincent, Tony Herbert, Cyril Innis, Jr., Jelani Likeitis Mashariki, Fernando Carlo, Lisa Ortega, Shawne Lee, Nathalie Alegre Velarde, Lyrik Tehuti, Fly Guy Yoshi, Kazembe Balagun, Eman Rimawi, Mw Payne, Orlando Green, Nichi Floetic Valentino, Ilana Berger, Byron Hurt and Malik Abu Khalid.
Remember Morales/Shakur Center
Suzy Subways October 20, 2013;
I went to City College of NY this morning with David Suker at 10:30 am to stop by the Morales/Shakur Center, a center of student and community movement-building for more than 20 years. We were signed in at the front desk and then followed by security who told us we'd be arrested if we didn't leave right away, because we asked what had happened to the sign! This is what we saw: Please share. Rodolfo Leyton, Sydney Jordan Cooley, Hank Williams, Khalil Vasquez, Brad Sigal, Angelica Clarke, Biola Jeje, Isham Lakatos, Christopher Gunderson — with Alyssia Paula, Eric Odell, Kazembe Balagun, Terance Podolski and Fanshen Wong.