National Conference on Socialism
The International Solidarity Session was chaired by Ena Valladares (Los Angeles), Kerbie Joseph (New York City), and Javier Lavoe (New York City) and featured a presentation by former U.S. Attorney General Ramsey Clark.
Speaking on the plenary were;
- Yousef Abudayyeh, National Coordinator, Free Palestine Alliance
- Christine Araquel, Chair, KmB Pro-People Youth and Secretary General, Alliance for Just and Lasting Peace in the Philippines
- Jollene Levid, Secretary General, GabriPela Network U.S.
- Sarah Sloan, Party for Socialism and Liberation
- Sakoda Hidefumi, International Affairs Department, Japanese Communist League
- Mara Verheyden-Hilliard, Attorney and Co-Founder, Partnership for Civil Justice
- Miguel Edgardo Mira Lopez, Director, Center for the Study of Investment and Commerce and leader of the Movement for Peace and Social Justice in El Salvador
- Berny Moto, FMLN - Los Angeles
- Ben Becker, Managing Editor, Liberation Newspaper
- Muna Coobtee, Party for Socialism and Liberation and National Council of Arab Americans
- Jim Lafferty, Executive Director, National Lawyers Guild - Los Angeles
- Marcella Daneshinia, Party for Socialism and Liberation
- Proving Ground, a Marxist multimedia performance piece
Khalil Vasquez November 7, 2011:
With Griffith Nunez, Melanie Rodriguez, Domingo Estevez, Kevin Morenito, Alex Wolf, Felicia Bishop, Russell David, Fanshen Wong, Oh La LiZzss, Genesis Aquino, LaMont OyeWale' Badru, Deyanira Genao, Tashawn Brown, Hank Williams, Ben Becker, Julian Guerrero, Osiris Feliz, Kas Nfinda, Kevin Corea, Sam Connet, Freddy Bastone, Sharmin Hossain, Kerbie Joseph, Fernanda Pardo, Ayeska B-t, Sally Abdel., Mariama Cba, Larry Hales, Christopher Gunderson, Charles Harding and Eric Odell.
CUNY Board of Trustees protest
- NEW YORK CITY – CUNY students call for a protest picket on the afternoon of Monday, June 25 outside the regular meeting of the CUNY Board of Trustees, when the Board will give massive pay raises to CUNY administrators, including a quarter-million dollar pay raise (54%) to Chancellor Goldstein.
- CUNY is denying admission to more and more Black and Latino students based on its so-called rising "academic standards," while Baruch College's Zicklin School of Business was recently caught fixing the grades of failing students who work for Wall Street firms. CUNY uses one set of "academic standards" to deny admission to working-class Black and Latino students and fudges another set of "academic standards" for Wall Street executives whose tuition is paid for by their firms. Despite these twin scandals, the paper-pushing non-producing parasites on the Board are planning to congratulate administrators with outrageous salary increases on June 25.
- Join the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee on June 25 to protest against these outrages!
Those indicating their intention to attend on the Whenever website notice of the event included Ben Becker. 
"Morales / Shakur Center" student suspensions event
On October 28, 2013, a City College administrator suspended Tafadar Sourov and Khalil Vasquez, two students who led demonstrations against the administration’s illegal raid and seizure of the Guillermo Morales / Assata Shakur Community Center. The Morales / Shakur Center is a space that has existed at City College for more than 20 years and was first won in 1989 through a mass student strike and occupations throughout CUNY.
- In response to the attacks on our student leaders, students and community say: WE ARE NOT AFRAID. Repression will not end the campaign to save the Morales / Shakur Center or the broader struggle to liberate CUNY for the people. Hundreds on campus and in the community will follow their example. Any punitive measures against Taffy and Khalil will only be a lesson to the people that the CCNY administration dismisses the people’s concerns and that the people must escalate their mass actions.
- Taffy and Khalil are fighting for the people, defending the last autonomous campus space that serves the community and defending the legacy of the people’s revolutionary heroes. THE PEOPLE MUST DEFEND TAFFY AND KHALIL. The people cannot stand aside and look as the City College administration attempts to isolate them and promote fake sellout student leaders who want to negotiate away the Center. The Center was won through struggle and will be reclaimed through struggle.
Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee organized a meeting in Edgewater, 160 Convent Avenue,New York, Friday 8 November 2013, to organize resistance. Those indicating their willingness to attend on the Whenever website included Ben Becker.
Left Forum 2017
Juliet Ucelli has been teaching Capital, Volume I for several decades to union members, community organizers, faith-based activists, and people who had studied it in grad school but found they still didn’t understand it. She was a founder of the Brecht Forum and now teaches through the Marxist Education Project.
This talk was presented for a panel discussion at the Left Forum on June 4, 2017, about “The Continuing Relevance of Marx’s Capital after 150 Years,” with Immanuel Ness, Ben Becker, Abhinav Sinha and Michael Hudson.
Xavier Aubuchon-Mendoza August 1, 2018:
I was incredibly proud to serve as volunteer coordinator at the Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez event last night!
Thank you, so much, to all of the volunteers who took time out of their evening to help!!
Thank you to San Francisco Latino Democratic Club for electing me to their board, and the board for selecting me as a delegate to the SFPA, giving me the chance to help make this happen. Thank you to everybody in the club for all your hard work in making us such a vital part of the community and the struggle. Thank you, especially, to our speakers Lila Rodriguez Ruiz and Brigitte Davila, for showing them how it's done!
California Bernie delegates at DNC
Cullen Tiernan August 12, 2016:
The moment they turned the lights off on [Oregon for Bernie Sanders 2016] for chanting #nomorewars --- we started chanting "lights lights lights" and eventually they realized they had to turn them back on... Shawnee Badger, you remind me of Lady Justice in this photo, and Mendoza Jessie has all the heart and soul. — with Motecuzoma Patrick Sanchez, Sandy Reding, Ben Becker, Malinda Markowitz, Ashley Flowers, James Albert, Shawnee Badger, Raisa Donato, Eddie Cisneros, Mendoza Jessie, Monica Rizo, Vecky Elliott, Pilar Schiavo, Joe Tiernan, Amy Erb and Valerie Verity.
Shahid Buttar volunteers
Shahid for Change April 28 2019·
- PSL National Conference on Socialism, November 13-14, 2010 report, PSL website, accessed November 30, 2010
- Whenever Event CUNY SHUTS OUT BLACK AND LATINO STUDENTS, FIXES GRADES FOR WALL STREET EXECS … AND THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES IS GIVING THE ADMINISTRATION A PAY-RAISE!FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEJune 19, 2012
- Activities Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee Edgewater /