- 1 Students for a Democratic Society
- 2 Left Forum 2009
- 3 Left Forum 2013
- 4 "For a movement that unites us"
- 5 FRSO
- 6 Marxist meme
- 7 Colonialism meme
- 8 CUNY Board of Trustees protest
- 9 "Morales / Shakur Center" student suspensions event
- 10 "PACK THE COURT: DEFEND THE CUNY6, KHALIL & TAFFY"
- 11 References
Freddy Bastone is a New York City activist.
Students for a Democratic Society
Freddy Bastone, a student at Hunter College in NYC, commented, “I think when you look at the difference between last year and today you can see, politically and methodologically, that there have been leaps and bounds in consciousness, and increased practical understanding of class and oppression as it relates to nationality. We are seeing more emerging discussion of class, nationality, and oppression.
Left Forum 2009
Rebel CUNY: Legacy of People's Struggle:
- Hank Williams, (Chair) - Africana Studies Group (CUNY Graduate Center)
- Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero - Queens College, Student and Nuyerorican Activist
- Freddy Bastone, Hunter College, Student and a member of the Hunter Student Union
- Robyn Tang, Hunter College Student, Hunter Student Union member and artist
Left Forum 2013
Contemporary Maoism and Radical Politics Participants:
"For a movement that unites us"
Activists organizing against cuts and tuition hikes at New York City's Hunter College issue an open letter calling for respect and freedom of expression. March 9, 2010
Hunter College students march to the citywide rally for the March 4 Day of Action (SW)Hunter College students march to the citywide rally for the March 4 Day of Action (SW)
With Love and Respect,
- Maria Arettines, Hunter Student
- Freddy Bastone, Hunter Student
- Monica Carr, Hunter Student
- Casey Detrow, Hunter Student
- Owen Hill, Hunter Student, Hunter International Socialist Organization
- Tami Gold, PSC CUNY Hunter Chapter Chair, Filmmaker & Professor
- Danny Katch, Hunter Alum
- Natalia Lopez, Hunter Student
- Jackelyn Mariano, Hunter Student
- Angela Molfetas, Hunter student, Hunter Parent Union, president
- Claudia O'Brien, Hunter student
- Nathan Schrader, Hunter Alum '10
- Luz Schreiber, Hunter Alum '10, Defend Hunter Childcare
- Leanne Tory-Murphy, Hunter Student
- Recently the NYPD arrested and viciously beat two of our comrades, Freddy Bastone and Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero. Freddy is a laborer in LIUNA Local 79’s apprenticeship program and a CUNY student leader. Ateo is the president of Black Legacy, the Black student union at Lehman College.
- The attack did not happen at a rally or any political action, but as a part of daily life in the Bronx, the poorest urban county in the US. Freddy and Ateo, life-long residents of the Bronx, had an encounter that is a common experience for exploited and oppressed people in this city and around the world.
- Freddy suffered a broken nose, broken teeth, a swollen face, and other injuries. Ateo got bruises and cuts to his face and shoulder and other injuries. There are trumped-up charges against them resulting from the attack.
Khalil Vasquez November 7, 2011:
With Griffith Nunez, Melanie Rodriguez, Domingo Estevez, Kevin Morenito, Alex Wolf, Felicia Bishop, Russell David, Fanshen Wong, Oh La LiZzss, Genesis Aquino, LaMont OyeWale' Badru, Deyanira Genao, Tashawn Brown, Hank Williams, Ben Becker, Julian Guerrero, Osiris Feliz, Kas Nfinda, Kevin Corea, Sam Connet, Freddy Bastone, Sharmin Hossain, Kerbie Joseph, Fernanda Pardo, Ayeska B-t, Sally Abdel., Mariama Cba, Larry Hales, Christopher Gunderson, Charles Harding and Eric Odell.
Khalil Vasquez December 25, 2012:
With Jose Garcia, Zhana Xhamila, Afua Kesse, Agust Freeman, Caro Yau, Tom Watts, Carlito Salinas, Charlie Uptown, Carlos Blanco, Ernst J. Pierre, Moises Delgado, Kas Nfinda, Fernanda Pardo, Tehmina Mina, Angela Mal, Sony Cabral, Erick Moreno, Rafael E. Peña Ortega, Alfred Ortiz, Freddy Bastone, Naveen Naqvi, Marcel Cartier, Carlos Azeban Ekwensu, Deyanira Genao, Felicia Bishop, Kazembe Balagun, Robert DaRosa, Tafadar Sourov, Davd Nspach, Dennis O'Neil and D'Opportunist Pierre Falbo.
CUNY Board of Trustees protest
- NEW YORK CITY – CUNY students call for a protest picket on the afternoon of Monday, June 25 outside the regular meeting of the CUNY Board of Trustees, when the Board will give massive pay raises to CUNY administrators, including a quarter-million dollar pay raise (54%) to Chancellor Goldstein.
- CUNY is denying admission to more and more Black and Latino students based on its so-called rising "academic standards," while Baruch College's Zicklin School of Business was recently caught fixing the grades of failing students who work for Wall Street firms. CUNY uses one set of "academic standards" to deny admission to working-class Black and Latino students and fudges another set of "academic standards" for Wall Street executives whose tuition is paid for by their firms. Despite these twin scandals, the paper-pushing non-producing parasites on the Board are planning to congratulate administrators with outrageous salary increases on June 25.
- Join the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee on June 25 to protest against these outrages!
Those indicating their intention to attend on the Whenever website notice of the event included Freddy Bastone. 
"Morales / Shakur Center" student suspensions event
On October 28, 2013, a City College administrator suspended Tafadar Sourov and Khalil Vasquez, two students who led demonstrations against the administration’s illegal raid and seizure of the Guillermo Morales / Assata Shakur Community Center. The Morales / Shakur Center is a space that has existed at City College for more than 20 years and was first won in 1989 through a mass student strike and occupations throughout CUNY.
- In response to the attacks on our student leaders, students and community say: WE ARE NOT AFRAID. Repression will not end the campaign to save the Morales / Shakur Center or the broader struggle to liberate CUNY for the people. Hundreds on campus and in the community will follow their example. Any punitive measures against Taffy and Khalil will only be a lesson to the people that the CCNY administration dismisses the people’s concerns and that the people must escalate their mass actions.
- Taffy and Khalil are fighting for the people, defending the last autonomous campus space that serves the community and defending the legacy of the people’s revolutionary heroes. THE PEOPLE MUST DEFEND TAFFY AND KHALIL. The people cannot stand aside and look as the City College administration attempts to isolate them and promote fake sellout student leaders who want to negotiate away the Center. The Center was won through struggle and will be reclaimed through struggle.
Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee organized a meeting in Edgewater, 160 Convent Avenue,New York, Friday 8 November 2013, to organize resistance. Those indicating their willingness to attend on the Whenever website included Freddy Bastone.
"PACK THE COURT: DEFEND THE CUNY6, KHALIL & TAFFY"
100 Centre Street, New York, Thursday 9 January 2014, organized by Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee, "PACK THE COURT: DEFEND THE CUNY6, KHALIL & TAFFY".
- The CUNY 6 and Khalil and Taffy have open criminal cases with ongoing court appearances. All 8 students are set to appear in court on January 9th, 2014 at 9:00 am, at 100 Centre Street. We call upon all students, faculty, and members of the community to come out and pack the courts on January 9th in support of the CUNY 6 and Khalil and Taffy.
Those indicating support or attendance on Wherevent, included Yanett Ramirez, Denise Lupita Romero, Padraic O'Brien, Zulai Romero,Tommy Maggio,Gregoire Jacques, Far Han, Miguel Rodriguez, Ben Fredericks, Christian Laureano Peruyero Bracero, Narish Singh, Norman Clement, Nick Maniace,Ramiro Funez, Jesse Eyezen Marcus, Karsten Kvistad, Tony Troy Yashin, Freddy Gee, Nadine Aly, Ramya Ramana, Stephanie Zukasaka, Brad Sigal, Cathy Rojas, Josefina La China, Elisa Lorde, Bayu Patria, Harly Rodmarti, Freddy Bastone,Robert Moore,Elliot Vazquez, Josmar Trujillo, Andrew Pollack, Dan McKenzie, Micah Ascaso, Joslyn Alexis, Joe DeWeezy,Maria Volpe,Tony Troy Yashin, Neda Kit, Percy Lujan, Khalil Vasquez, William Simon Kang, Rajib Lovesramen Miah, Daniel Pana,Mariam Castillo,Rafael E. Pena, Akash Rahman, Agust Freeman, Roselle Valerio, Roselle Valerio, Analisa Svehaug, Tafadar Sourov,Juan Alberto Perez Vera,Elif Fatıma Gorken, Marisa Jalo, Linda Morales, Isis K. Colon, Sharmin Hossain, Nicole Husbands, Abdu Salman, Rey Valentin, Erick Moreno, Hoda Mitwally, Alice Feng, David Suker, Raj Maheshwari
- FightbackNews Students for a Democratic Society Makes Progress by Michael Graham | August 27, 2008
- Socialist Worker For a movement that unites us,March 9, 2010
- FRSO, Condemn the Vicious Beating of Two Activists by the NYPD! Posted on Monday June 20th, 2011 by Freedom Road Socialist Organization
- Whenever Event CUNY SHUTS OUT BLACK AND LATINO STUDENTS, FIXES GRADES FOR WALL STREET EXECS … AND THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES IS GIVING THE ADMINISTRATION A PAY-RAISE!FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEJune 19, 2012
- Activities Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee Edgewater /