LaMont OyeWale' Badru
LaMont OyeWale' Badru is a New York City activist,
Khalil Vasquez November 7, 2011:
With Griffith Nunez, Melanie Rodriguez, Domingo Estevez, Kevin Morenito, Alex Wolf, Felicia Bishop, Russell David, Fanshen Wong, Oh La LiZzss, Genesis Aquino, LaMont OyeWale' Badru, Deyanira Genao, Tashawn Brown, Hank Williams, Ben Becker, Julian Guerrero, Osiris Feliz, Kas Nfinda, Kevin Corea, Sam Connet, Freddy Bastone, Sharmin Hossain, Kerbie Joseph, Fernanda Pardo, Ayeska B-t, Sally Abdel., Mariama Cba, Larry Hales, Christopher Gunderson, Charles Harding and Eric Odell.
Our Children Are Not Criminals!
Thursday, April 26, 2012, A Plebeian View forum: Our Children Are Not Criminals! Fighting the Prison-Industrial Complex, Brownsville Heritage House 581 Mother Gaston Boulevard, Brownsville, Brooklyn
Muata Greene, past president of Coalition of Black Trade Unionists, NYC Chapter, creator of Plebeian View blog
- Dell Smitherman, 1199/SEIU
- Melissa Rodriguez LaSalle, Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee (RSCC)
- LaMont OyeWale' Badru, MXGM and Black Legacy (Black Student Union at Lehman)
- Augustin Castro, FRSO/OSCL
Sponsored by LennyGreen.com and Freedom Road Socialist Organization / Organizacion Socialista del Camino para la Libertad.
"Morales / Shakur Center" student suspensions event
On October 28, 2013, a City College administrator suspended Tafadar Sourov and Khalil Vasquez, two students who led demonstrations against the administration’s illegal raid and seizure of the Guillermo Morales / Assata Shakur Community Center. The Morales / Shakur Center is a space that has existed at City College for more than 20 years and was first won in 1989 through a mass student strike and occupations throughout CUNY.
- In response to the attacks on our student leaders, students and community say: WE ARE NOT AFRAID. Repression will not end the campaign to save the Morales / Shakur Center or the broader struggle to liberate CUNY for the people. Hundreds on campus and in the community will follow their example. Any punitive measures against Taffy and Khalil will only be a lesson to the people that the CCNY administration dismisses the people’s concerns and that the people must escalate their mass actions.
- Taffy and Khalil are fighting for the people, defending the last autonomous campus space that serves the community and defending the legacy of the people’s revolutionary heroes. THE PEOPLE MUST DEFEND TAFFY AND KHALIL. The people cannot stand aside and look as the City College administration attempts to isolate them and promote fake sellout student leaders who want to negotiate away the Center. The Center was won through struggle and will be reclaimed through struggle.
Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee organized a meeting in Edgewater, 160 Convent Avenue,New York, Friday 8 November 2013, to organize resistance. Those indicating their willingness to attend on the Whenever website included LaMont OyeWale' Badru.