Studied Literature, English at Harvard University
Schooled at one of the top organizing programs in the country — the Los Angeles-based Labor/Community Strategy Center, a cutting edge "Think Tank/Act Tank" — Zachary Norris has been instrumental in building Families for Books Not Bars - California's only statewide network of families with children in California youth prisons.
As an attorney, Norris served as a law clerk for Equal Justice Initiative, where he prepared a post-conviction petition to Alabama courts on behalf of a capital defendant. He is also a Board Member of Witness for Peace, a national organization working for peace, justice and sustainable economies in the Americas.
Seed the Vote
Some of the individuals supporting this project (organizations listed for identification purposes only):
- Jason Negron-Gonzales
- Emily Lee, San Francisco Rising Action Fund
- Max Elbaum, Organizing Upgrade
- Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Organizing Upgrade
- Kimi Lee, Bay Rising Action
- Lara Kiswani, Arab Resource and Organizing Center
- Jill Shenker, San Francisco Rising Action Fund
- Michelle Foy, Liberation Road
- Sarah Jarmon, Liberation Road
- Lindsay Imai-Hong, parent activist
- Zachary Norris, Ella Baker Center
- Adam Gold, Center for Popular Democracy Action
- Rose Mendelsohn, Bay Resistance
Ella Baker Center supporter
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those invited, on Facebook included Zachary Norris.