- 1 Seed the Vote
- 2 Models for Fighting Racism & White Supremacy
- 3 DSA member
- 4 FRSO member
- 5 Caring Across Generations flashmob
- 6 San Francisco Jobs with Justice
- 7 Book talk with Jamala Rogers
- 8 Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
- 9 Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
- 10 Political Regeneration and Hope in Mexico
- 11 References
Sarah Jarmon lives in San Francisco. She has organized around the Prison Industrial Complex for years and is part of a local grassroots electoral project now. Sarah studied public health and brings that perspective into all of her work.
Sarah Jarmon was hired by Planning for Elders in December 2008 (before the organization became part of Senior and Disability Action), and she has loved the job since the beginning. Before that she was a worker-owner at Rainbow Grocery Cooperative for over 10 years. She completed her Master’s in Public Health from San Jose State University in May 2008.
Partner of Greg A-K Hom.
Seed the Vote
Some of the individuals supporting this project (organizations listed for identification purposes only):
- Jason Negron-Gonzales
- Emily Lee, San Francisco Rising Action Fund
- Max Elbaum, Organizing Upgrade
- Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Organizing Upgrade
- Kimi Lee, Bay Rising Action
- Lara Kiswani, Arab Resource and Organizing Center
- Jill Shenker, San Francisco Rising Action Fund
- Michelle Foy, Liberation Road
- Sarah Jarmon, Liberation Road
- Lindsay Imai-Hong, parent activist
- Zachary Norris, Ella Baker Center
- Adam Gold, Center for Popular Democracy Action
- Rose Mendelsohn, Bay Resistance
Models for Fighting Racism & White Supremacy
Organizers Forum: Models for Fighting Racism & White Supremacy. Hosted by Organizer's Forum
Tuesday, October 15, 2019 at 10 AM – 11 AM 2019.
Thanks to those who joined the August call about fighting racism and white supremacy in disability organizations and the disability rights movement! Following up on that call, let's look around and outside our communities to see what others are doing and what we can learn. We will hear from people in white-led organizations about what they are doing to fight white supremacy inside and outside their organizations, and how white-led organizations can set up structures of accountability to communities of color.
- Lindsay Imai-Hong, Hand in Hand: The Domestic Employers Network
- Dessa Cosma, Detroit Disability Power
- Sarah Jarmon, San Francisco Senior and Disability Action
In 1993 Sarah Jarmon was a member of East Bay Democratic Socialists of America.
Caring Across Generations flashmob
Gordon Mar May 10, 2013.
Caring Across Generations flashmob action at Senator Feinstein's office - Build the World That We Want! With good jobs, fully funded services and quality and affordable care for all! — with La Colectiva de Mujeres, Chyanne Chen, Tony Robles, Maria Guillen, Ken Wang, Guillermina Castellanos, Maria Hernandez, Claudia Reyes, Jane Martin, Lisa Adler, Michael Lyon, Bjorn Toulouse, Sascha Bittner, Nikki Brown Booker, Hene Kelly, Sarah Jarmon, Steph St. Clair, Pete Woiwode and Jobs with Justice San Francisco at One Post Plaza.
San Francisco Jobs with Justice
Book talk with Jamala Rogers
518 Valencia St, San Francisco Sunday 7 February 2016, organized by Michelle Foy "Book talk with Jamala Rogers, founder of the St. Louis based Organization for Black Struggle & author of Ferguson is America: Roots of Rebel".
- Jamala will explore the roots of the Ferguson Rebellion and the practical lessons for organizing.
- "There is no algorithm, no theory that can predict when human rage reaches its boiling point. I wanted to expose to some and to remind others that there is another side of Ferguson, St. Louis County, USA that exists...if we work together in a respectful & disciplined way, a new Ferguson, St. Louis, & USA, is possible." —Jamala Rogers
Those signalling their intention to attend on Wherevent included Georgia Faye Hirsty, Melanie McCrea, Joe Navarro, Michelle Foy, Cynthia Fong, Gerald Lenoir, Fernando Marti, Lucia Aguilar-Navarro, Joyce Nakamura, Jeremy Gong, Jason Wallach, Andrew Rogge, Lucy Clarke, Colleen FitzSimons, Saima Hashimi, Rachel Rye Butler, Pam Tau Lee, Afomeia Tesfai, Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz, Kari Riesgo Banuelos, Eva Martinez, Justin Tombolesi, Josh Warren-White, Kate Sorensen, Malkia Cyril, Lelia Gomez, Mark Prudowsky, N’Tanya Lee, Marcy Rein, Finley Coyl, Shina Riane, Ken Yamada, Dyan Ruiz, Nancy Wan, Sarah Jarmon, Mark McBeth, Leon Sun, Sabrina Cascos Peterson, Mary Sweeters, Eric See, Dani Gonzalez, Mashael Majid, Susan Weiss, Juan Gamboa, Jr., Amy Sonnie, Felicia Gustin, Mickey Ellinger, Betty Pazmino, Charlie Fredrick, Aimee Molina Cuellar, Becki Ming-Yoke Hom.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those indicating interest in attending, on Facebook included Sarah Jarmon.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those invited, on Facebook included Sarah Jarmon.
Political Regeneration and Hope in Mexico
Saturday, July 21 (2018) at 4 PM PDT.
Javier Bravo, professor of history at the University of Guanajuato, México and representative for México’s left party, MORENA (National Regeneration Movement -- Movimiento Regeneración Nacional) will speak on the post election situation and political crisis in México.
- and Disability Action bio, accessed September 2015
- Board, September 2015
- Wherevent Book talk with Jamala Rogers, founder of the St. Louis based Organization for Black Struggle & author of Ferguson is America: Roots of Rebel
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109