Reparations Coordinating Committee
- To ascertain, document, and report comparative repair and restitution in the United States and abroad on behalf of the contemporary victims of slavery and the century-long practice of de jure racial discrimination which followed slavery;
- A. To detail a range of feasible relief, reform, reconciliation, and restitution initiatives to make America better for everyone.
- B. To identify and structure causes of action that would be cognizable in domestic and international tribunals and courts;
- C. To begin a comprehensive review of such initiatives with leading domestic and international institutions;
- D. And to work cooperatively with other groups pursuing reparation claims.
The committee, which Ogletree co-chaired with Adjoa Aiyetoro was a mixture of top trial lawyers and seasoned radical activists, including;
She the People 2018 Summit
She the People's three-year initiative kicked off with its inaugural She the People Summit on September 20, 2018 at the Julia Morgan Ballroom in San Francisco. The sold-out, first-ever national summit of women of color in politics drew nearly 600 attendees, mostly women of color, from 36 states.
Speakers included Kimberly Ellis.
Pasadenans and Altadenans Against Police Violence
Erika Feresten April 14, 2018:
It was an honor to join Pasadenans and Altadenans Against police violence to call for #justice, #peace and say their names:
With Kirsten Magnuson, Kimberly Ellis, Pilar Schiavo, Julie Tyler, Julie Goulet Stromberg, Walter Ruiz, Kristen Gritter Cox, Larry Gross, Marcia Martin, Zach Denney, Katrina Bergstrom, Betty Doumas, Gideon Sarantinos, Keith Anthony Sikora, Lauren Steiner, Todd Jones, Lucas Henry Julius Fehring, Jeanine Kay, Paul Stanton, Paul Song, Jenni Chang, Marlin Medrano, Linda Teach, Lydia Ileliya Ester Ponce, Jeanine Rohn, Edie Riggins Ortenberg, Maria Estrada, Julia Jaye Posin, Karen Bernal, Estee Chandler, Max Goldberg and Rebecca KZ in Pasadena, California.
Marlin Medrano July 14, 2018:
With Amarnath Ravva, Phillip Kim, Ankur Patel, Marcia Martin, Shawnee Badger, Jeanine Rohn, Jacqueline Stewart, Liz Lavertu, Katrina Bergstrom, Margarita Lacabe, Kimberly Ellis, Noemi Tungui, Lesley Ester and Josh Brennecke.
"Progressive" Kimberly Ellis supporters
Andrew Scot Becker May 20, 2017:
✊✊✊ #KimberlyIsWithUs ✊✊✊ — with Terry Schanz, Orlando Fuentes, Alan Haffa, Kimberly Ellis, Maria Estrada, Kerri Asbury, Andres Ramos, Eric Sunderland, Phillip Kim, Derek S. Matthews, Joyce L.Childs, Alex Barrios, Karen Bernal, Amy Champ, Becky Chavez, Maria Grijalva, Brandon Harami, Amar Shergill, Kevin Lourens and Desiree Bates Rojas at Sacramento Convention Center Complex.
Erika Feresten February 24, 2018:
With fierce progressive champions Kimberly Ellis and Rep Tulsi Gabbard at the CA Democrats State Convention. — with Kimberly Ellis at San Diego Convention Center.