- 1 DSA connection
- 2 Asian-Americans honoring MLK
- 3 Progressive Caucus
- 4 Peoples Summit
- 5 Wellstone Progressive Democrat FB group
- 6 "Progressive" Kimberly Ellis supporters
- 7 DSA Healthcare Rally
- 8 Building the Bass! 🌹🎶 DSA Musicians
- 9 DSA Facebook group
- 10 2018 Sacramento DSA endorsements
- 11 Progressive Alliance Voter Guide
- 12 DSA in CDP Personnel
- 13 Won Democratic primary
- 14 Members
- 15 California Teachers Association strike supporters
- 16 "Medicare for All"
- 17 Tim Faust Sacramento event
- 18 MFA team
- 19 18th Annual Cesar Chavez March and Rally
- 20 Organize Sacramento
- 21 #Medicare4All Barnstorm
- 22 References
Phillip Kim is a Sacramento activist.
Phillip Kim is a member of Sacramento Democratic Socialists of America.
Asian-Americans honoring MLK
Raymond Lee January 16, 2017 ·
Asian Americans honoring Rev., Doctor Martin Luther King.
- Phillip Kim is a clarinet player and guitarist who lives in the Sacramento area. He is president of the Wellstone Progressive Democrats of Sacramento and a proud member of the Democratic Socialists of America. He moved to California 10 years ago and worked in a casino for 7 years, where he was an active shop steward and leave-of-absence organizer with UNITE HERE. In recent years he has been taking music and recording classes at American River College and worked on the Bernie 2016 campaign for 6 months. Phillip grew up in Maryland in the Washington DC area. He looks forward to winning single payer healthcare and keeping the political revolution going.
Ryan Skolnick June 10, 2017 ·
- PPLSummit breakout session 2: Transforming the Democratic Party
- Shannon Jackson, Our Revolution
- Hon. Pramila Jayapal, Member of Congress
- Rob Quist, Montana Congressional Candidate
- Chandra Paetsch, Our Revolution
- Joe Dinkin, Working Families Party
- Phillip Kim, CA ADEMer
- Ben Tulchin, Bernie 2016 pollster
Wellstone Progressive Democrat FB group
Wellstone Progressive Democrats of Sacramento FB Discussion group, as of August 8 2017;
- Zoe Kipping
- Joshua Cameron, Citrus Heights, California
- Earl Lagomarsino, Sacramento, California
- Milton Whaley, Owner-Operator at Singing Frog Farm
- Eric Sunderland, Sacramento, California
- Jillynn Molina
- John Bell, American River
- Karen Bernal, UNLV
- Bill Lackemacher, Sacramento, California
- Andee Sunderland, Mills College
- Phillip Kim, American River College
As of July 11, 2017 Phillip Kim, was President of the Wellstone Progressive Democrats of Sacramento.
"Progressive" Kimberly Ellis supporters
Andrew Scot Becker May 20, 2017:
✊✊✊ #KimberlyIsWithUs ✊✊✊ — with Terry Schanz, Orlando Fuentes, Alan Haffa, Kimberly Ellis, Maria Estrada, Kerri Asbury, Andres Ramos, Eric Sunderland, Phillip Kim, Derek S. Matthews, Joyce L.Childs, Alex Barrios, Karen Bernal, Amy Champ, Becky Chavez, Maria Grijalva, Brandon Harami, Amar Shergill, Kevin Lourens and Desiree Bates Rojas at Sacramento Convention Center Complex.
DSA Healthcare Rally
Phillip Kim with Shane Brinton and David Roddy, Jonah Paul, .Annabel Vera, Shirley Toy, Ellen Mack, April Ford, Mel Ody, David Hildebrand, Alyssa De La Rosa, Ian Lee, Andee Sunderland, Eric Sunderland, Sandra Delgadillo Kearns, Russell Rawlings.
April 11 2017· Sacramento, CA ·
- Mark your calendar for Wed. April 26, 11am! Sacramento Rally & Senate Health Cmte Hearing-SB 562's 1st Vote! If you support single payer / healthcare for all, we need hundreds of people there to make sure that the Senate Health Committee votes in favor of SB.
Building the Bass! 🌹🎶 DSA Musicians
DSA Facebook group
Members of the California Democratic Socialists of America, statewide Facebook group, as of March 16, 2017 included Phillip Kim.
2018 Sacramento DSA endorsements
Sacramento Democratic Socialists of America, May 4 at 5:47pm
DSA Sacramento is pleased to announce our endorsements for the 2018 election cycle:
- Rachelanne Rae Vander Werf For ARFCD Trustee
- Tristan Brown for Sacramento City Council District 7
- Phillip Kim for CA State Senate - District 4
- Gayle McLaughlin for California Lieutenant Governor
- It's truly an honor to endorse such a strong slate of Socialist candidates for public office and we're thrilled by what this election cycle has in store. Special thanks to all who participated in our April 29th candidate forum.
Progressive Alliance Voter Guide
Sacramento Progressive Alliance, Saturday, May 26, 2018 Progressive Alliance Voter Guide - Updated.
- U.S. Senate - Kevin de Leon
- Governor - Gavin Newsom
- Attorney General - Xavier Becerra
- Lt. Governor - Gayle McLaughlin
- Superintendent of Public Instruction - Tony Thurmond
- Congressional District 4 - Jessica Morse
- State Senate District 4 - Phillip Kim
- Sacramento County District Attorney - Noah Phillips
- Sacramento County Sheriff - Milo Fitch
- Sacramento City Council District 5 - Tamika L’Ecluse
- Sacramento City Council District 7 - Tristan Brown
- Sacramento County Office of Education Area 2 - Karina Talamantes
- Sacramento County Office of Education Area 3 - Richard Launey
- Yolo County Supervisor District 2 - Don Saylor
- American River Flood Control District -Rachelanne Rae Vander Werf
DSA in CDP Personnel
Admins and Moderators
- Zach Denney, Communications Director at CYD Progressive Caucus
- Johannes Muenzel
- Katrina Bergstrom, Added by Phillip Kim on January 13, 2018
- Phillip Kim, Community Organizer at California Nurses Association.Created group on May 22, 2017.
Won Democratic primary
Sacramento Democratic Socialists of America, June 6, 2018.
- Congratulations to Phillip Kim for CA State Senate - District 4 for advancing past the primary! We're proud to have you represent us and ready to work for your campaign in November. #PhilTheBern
- John Shaban, Created group on October 10, 2017
- Russell Rawlings, Director of Advocacy Services at Resources for Independent Living
- Michelle Pariset, Elected Delegate, 7th Assembly District at California Democratic Party
- Jamie Thompson, Regional Director at SEIU Local 2015
- Shane Brinton, Statewide Field Organizing Coordinator at UC Student-Workers Union - UAW Local 2865
- Andee Sunderland, Mills College
- Jovana Fajardo, Director at Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment - ACCE South Sacramento
- David Roddy, Sacramento, California
- Phillip Kim, Community Organizer at California Nurses Association
California Teachers Association strike supporters
Phillip Kim January 13 2018.
With Dean Murakami, Tamika L'Ecluse, Shirley Toy, Rachelanne Vander Werf, Jillynn Molina, Robert Longer, David Mandel, Anna Molander, Ian Hoffmann, Norma Alcala, Michelle Pariset, Tim Molina and Rene Cruz Martinez at California Teachers Association.
"Medicare for All"
Phillip Kim August 11, 2018 ·
Tim Faust Sacramento event
Phillip Kim July 28, 2018 near Sacramento, CA ·
Phillip Kim July 21, 2018 ·
18th Annual Cesar Chavez March and Rally
Phillip Kim March 31, 2018 ·
Healthcare, housing, union rights! Si se puede! — attending 18th Annual Cesar Chavez March and Rally with Robert Coplin, Jonah Paul, Sam Lieu, Ceolsige Brewer, David Roddy, Ian Lee, Alyssa Kang and Mel Ody at Southside Park Pool.
Darrow Sprague December 9, 2016:
Democratic Socialists of America, Sacramento February 13 2019·
Our #Medicare4All Barnstorm was a huge success last night! We organized nearly 100 people into 20 canvass events around the Sacramento region. New M4A bill co-sponsors incoming!