- 1 Troublemakers Slate
- 2 Pasadenans and Altadenans Against Police Violence
- 3 Comrades
- 4 Progressive Caucus
- 5 Caucus meeting
- 6 "Progressive" Kimberly Ellis supporters
- 7 Endorsed Marcy Winograd
- 8 Ami Bera volunteers
- 9 Wellstone Progressive Democrats of Sacramento FB Discussion group
- 10 Joint Progressive Caucus & Arab American Caucus Agenda
- 11 Palestinian self-determination resolution
- 12 References
Margot Tenenbaum is with David Hildebrand and Manuel Zapata, Jaci Lyn Iannello, Zach Denney, Ben Hauck, Timothy Cotran, Brandon Harami, Katie Chan, Amar Shergill, Kevin Lourens, Karen Bernal, Bill Lackemacher, Regina Banks, Fatima Iqbal-Zubair, Ricardo Franco. . April 2 2021·
Register NOW for TONIGHT’S campaign launch for The Troublemakers Slate for California Democratic Party Progressive Caucus Officers! Featuring special guests Congressmember Ro Khanna, Chair Emeritus Karen Bernal, and a *potential* cameo by none other than our very own Mascot of the Revolution™️, COMRADE MOCHI!
Pasadenans and Altadenans Against Police Violence
Erika Feresten April 14, 2018:
It was an honor to join Pasadenans and Altadenans Against police violence to call for #justice, #peace and say their names:
With Kirsten Magnuson, Kimberly Ellis, Pilar Schiavo, Julie Tyler, Julie Goulet Stromberg, Walter Ruiz, Kristen Gritter Cox, Larry Gross, Marcia Martin, Zach Denney, Katrina Bergstrom, Betty Doumas, Gideon Sarantinos, Keith Anthony Sikora, Lauren Steiner, Todd Jones, Lucas Henry Julius Fehring, Jeanine Kay, Paul Stanton, Paul Song, Jenni Chang, Marlin Medrano, Linda Teach, Lydia Ileliya Ester Ponce, Jeanine Rohn, Edie Riggins Ortenberg, Maria Estrada, Julia Jaye Posin, Karen Bernal, Estee Chandler, Max Goldberg and Rebecca KZ in Pasadena, California.
Cullen Tiernan November 18, 2018:
In 2017 Karen Bernal Chair of the California Democratic Party Progressive Caucus.
- Karen Bernal is a three term Chair of the CDP’s Progressive Caucus, as well as a member of the Party’s Executive Board. She is also an appointed member of the Sacramento County Democratic Party, and Co-founder of the Wellstone Progressive Democrats of Sacramento County.
Karen served as Co-Chair of California’s Bernie delegation to the 2016 Democratic Convention in Philadelphia after volunteering for Bernie’s campaign in Sacramento and Las Vegas, NV.
Karen considers herself a strategist, thinker and activist who fights for progressive causes both inside and outside the Democratic Party.
Bill Honigman August 26, 2017 ·
"Progressive" Kimberly Ellis supporters
Andrew Scot Becker May 20, 2017:
✊✊✊ #KimberlyIsWithUs ✊✊✊ — with Terry Schanz, Orlando Fuentes, Alan Haffa, Kimberly Ellis, Maria Estrada, Kerri Asbury, Andres Ramos, Eric Sunderland, Phillip Kim, Derek S. Matthews, Joyce L.Childs, Alex Barrios, Karen Bernal, Amy Champ, Becky Chavez, Maria Grijalva, Brandon Harami, Amar Shergill, Kevin Lourens and Desiree Bates Rojas at Sacramento Convention Center Complex.
Endorsed Marcy Winograd
In 2006 Karen Bernal Chair of the Progressive Caucus, California Democratic Party was a Politictial Organization Leader endorser of Marcy Winograd of the Los Angeles Progressive Democrats of America in her unsuccessful primary bid for the Democratic Party nomination 26th Congressional District in California
Ami Bera volunteers
- Dear River City Dems-
- Here is an opportunity to be involved with other Dems & support the election of Dr Ami Bera doing voter registration. Please see the email below for needed information. It's also a chance to wear your River City T-shirt.
- Let's elect Democrats to Congress,
- Glennda Campos
The email went to Karen Bernal, and others.
Wellstone Progressive Democrats of Sacramento FB Discussion group
Wellstone Progressive Democrats of Sacramento FB Discussion group, as of August 8 2017;
- Zoe Kipping
- Joshua Cameron, Citrus Heights, California
- Earl Lagomarsino, Sacramento, California
- Milton Whaley, Owner-Operator at Singing Frog Farm
- Eric Sunderland, Sacramento, California
- Jillynn Molina
- John Bell, American River
- Karen Bernal, UNLV
- Bill Lackemacher, Sacramento, California
- Andee Sunderland, Mills College
- Phillip Kim, American River College
Joint Progressive Caucus & Arab American Caucus Agenda
Joint Progressive Caucus & Arab American Caucus Agenda, California Democratic Party Executive Board Meeting Sat., Nov.18, 2017 (8:15-10:15) The Westin SF Airport 1 Old Bayshore Highway, Millbrae, CA 94030.
- Election for Progressive Caucus Communications & Media Officer, PC Secretary Marcy Winograd introduces the candidates.
- Update on the impact of Trump’s Muslim Ban – Speaker from CAIR-SF.
- UPTE-CWA Presentation: The $48 Fix/Reclaim California’s Master Plan for Higher Education – Speaker: Jonathan Abboud.
- Update on anti-BDS legislation – Speakers: David Mandel and Iyad Afalqa
- Autopsy Report: The Democratic Party in Crisis – Speaker: Karen Bernal
Arab American Caucus Meeting Minutes: August 26, 2017
CA Democratic Party Summer E-board Meeting Minutes: August 26, 2017, Arab American Caucus Meeting Minutes, Sheraton Park Hotel Resort 1855 South Harbor Boulevard. Anaheim, CA.
Meeting Called to Order by Chairman Iyad Afalqa at 8:15 p.m. Officers present: Iyad Afalqa, Ahmed Zahra, Hosam Haggag, Sara Abed. Welcome Opening Remarks were delivered by Chairman Iyad Afalqa. Chairman made a motion to move the approval of minutes to the time spot after the panel to meet Congressman Khana traveling schedule. Motion was accepted and seconded by Southern California Vice Chair, Ahmed Zahra.
At 8:17 Chairman introduced North California Vice Chair Hosam Haggag to moderate The panel: Protecting Our First Amendment: A Panel Review of the Anti-BDS Bill . Along with the Anti-BDS bill and the turmoil that was sparked in Charlottesville, there's a lot of chatter about the 1st Amendment.
- Congressman Ro Khanna, CA-CD 17
- David Mandel, National Lawyers Guild
- Estee Chandler, JVP LA Director
- Brendan Hamme, ACLU Regional Rep and Lawyer
- Karen Bernal, Progressive Caucus Chair
At 9:25 p.m. Chairman read the minutes. Amira Abed, Secretary was absent to attend to an emergent matter. Minutes were approved. At 9:28 p.m. Sara Abed, Treasurer delivered the Treasurer’s Report. At 9:30 p.m. Chairman Iyad Afalqa delivered his report followed by Vice Chair, N. Cal. Report – Hosam Haggag and Vice Chair, S. Cal. Report – Ahmad Zahra.
At 9:41 p.m. Elected Officials and Candidates Addressed the Caucus members, followed at 10:00 p.m. Guest Speakers addresses.
Rashad Al-Dabbagh, Executive Director of the Arab American Council and Monica Brasov-Curca of Activate Labs delivered a presentation about the release of the Refugees Welcome Guide. Followed by a status report on Civil rights by Basim Elkarra, Executive Director of CAIR - Sacramento Valley Meeting was adjourned at 10:15 p.m. by the chairman.
Palestinian self-determination resolution
Hussam Ayloush May 21, 2017:
Milestone progress. Resolution supporting Palestinian self-determination passes at the CA Democratic Party Convention. Thank you, Estee Chandler, David Mandel, Karen Bernal, Moe Sarama, and many others.