- 1 Ella Baker Center
- 2 POWER
- 3 POWER Leaders
- 4 POWER people
- 5 Ear to the Ground Project
- 6 Sandra Moran tour
- 7 Grassroots Global Justice Alliance staff
- 8 Comrades gather
- 9 Reclaiming Feminism at the Grassroots
- 10 Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
- 11 Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
- 12 LeftRoots
- 13 It Takes Roots
- 14 References
Jaron Browne is the Communications Organizer with Grassroots Global Justice Alliance. Before joining GGJ, Jaron was an organizer with POWER and Causa Justa/Just Cause for nearly 13 years, building the power of working class Black and Latino families in the Bay Area. As an organizer, Jaron helped to build POWER’s welfare worker organizing, Bayview Organizing Project, and the Black Priorities Project. Jaron co-authored POWER’s Towards Land, Work, and Power political economy primer for organizers, as well as coordinating a number of other publications and communications campaigns. Jaron was trained as an organizer with the Bus Riders Union in Los Angeles at the Labor/Community Strategy Center in 2001. Jaron has also been active in the movement to end mass incarceration, as well as LGBT social movements in the US. Jaron is located in Oakland, CA..
Ella Baker Center
In the early 2000s Jaron Brownedid organizing and campaign research against racism in the criminal justice system with the Ella Baker Center for Human Rights. Browne was trained as an organizer in Los Angeles at the Labor/Community Strategy Center operated National School for Strategic Organizing.
Circa 2005 Catalyst Project in San Francisco held a lecture"Towards Land, Work, and Power", a study with organizers from POWER [People Organized to Win Employment Rights] on their new book, Towards Land, Work, & Power, looking at the political economy of the Bay Area and building an anti-imperialist movement based in working class communities of color. Presenters included Jason Negron-Gonzales, Marisa Franco and Jaron Browne.
Jaron Browne joined the POWER staff in July of 2002. He is helping to build a powerful campaign for community-driven, accountable and sustainable development among low-income homeowners and public housing residents as a lead organizer in POWER's Bayview Organizing Project.
Jaron Browne is also an active member of POWER's leadership development projects and a co-author of Toward Land, Work, and Power with Steve Williams.
From Steve Williams: Over the years hundreds of people who have served on POWER’s staff, membership, leadership bodies, and Board of Directors. They are too many to mention by name, but I do want to extend special appreciations to Alicia Garza, Jaron Browne, Jason Negron-Gonzales, Marisa Franco, Aspen Dominguez, Cindy Wiesner, Ilana Berger, Nora Calderon, Larry Lattimore, Emma Harris, Gloria Esteva, Manuela Esteva, Donaji Lona, Juana Tello, Ernest Stokes, Beatriz Herrera, Karen Gibson, Lorren Dangerfield, Jesse Tello, Regina Douglas, Garth Ferguson, Brian Russell, Patty Snitzler, Thabiti Hayes, Khalil Abdul Samad, Jane Martin.
Gabriel Strachota April 12, 2013:
Ear to the Ground Project
- We would like to express our deep respect and appreciation for everyone who took the time to talk with us, and the organizations that generously hosted us during our travels. Interviews were confidential, but the following people have agreed to have their names listed for this publication:
Most of those listed were connected to Freedom Road Socialist Organization.
Jaron Browne was among those on the list. 
Sandra Moran tour
Shaun Grogan-Brown June 5, 2014 ·
"We Feminists Say: This is my body, this is my land, this is my territory. And we defend our territory." - Sandra Moran, World March of Women leader on Grassroots Global Justice Alliance national tour June 18-July 3: Reclaming Feminisms at the Grassroots! #ReclaimFeminisms http://ggjalliance.org/ReclaimingFeminisms2014 — with Marjorie Childress, Monica Cordova, Lindsay Marisol Archuleta, Andrea Mercado, Maria Huerta de Reyes, Sandra Moran, Tammy Bang Luu, Andrea Plaza, Jaron Browne, Jessica O. Guerrero, Helena Wong, Claudia Reyes, Marcia Olivo, Maria Poblet, Monserrat A. Matehuala, Mei-ying Williams, Cindy Wiesner, FuerzaUnida Mujeres, Steve Williams, Rukiya Dillahunt and Denise Perry.
Grassroots Global Justice Alliance staff
- Cindy Wiesner - National Coordinator of Grassroots Global Justice Alliance, and Co-Chair of the Climate Justice Alliance (CJA) and the Our Power Campaign,
- Shaun Grogan-Brown- Development and Communications Coordinator
- Helena Wong - National Organizer
- Jaron Browne - Communications Organizer with Grassroots Global Justice Alliance
Reclaiming Feminism at the Grassroots
Kate Kanelstein May 1, 2016:
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those invited, on Facebook included Jaron Browne.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those invited, on Facebook included Jaron Browne .
It Takes Roots
Ananda Lee Tan August 19, 2018:
My amazing It Takes Roots team, gearing up to confront disaster capitalism, and champion community solutions to protect Mother Earth and all her peoples. Join us for Solidarity 2 Solutions week in San Francisco: Sept 8-14 — with Anamika Jain, Cindy Wiesner, Bineshi Albert, Zol Boo, Angela Adrar, Doria Robinson, Beatrice Camacho, Antonio Diaz, Alvina Wong, Tom Goldtooth, Heather Thiry, Kitzia Esteva, Marion Gee, Malcolm Torreoon Chu, Senowa Mize-Fox, Marco van Basten, Kitty Huddleston, Jaron Browne, Laura Navarro, Tere Almaguer, Pam Tau Lee, Chloe Sachine Sumi, Jacqueline Sirenita and Maya Bhardwaj in San Francisco, California.
- Grassroots Global Justice Alliance staff
- Ear to the Ground, About, accessed Nov. 12, 2015
- Grassroots Global Justice Alliance staff
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109