Jose T. Bravo
Climate Justice Alliance June 15 2019·
The members of the Climate Justice Alliance Steering Committee are currently meeting in Puerto Rico, to chart the course of CJA, to deepen our alignment, build community and to meet with frontline community groups, who are leading the #JustRecovery, and are building “local living economies” models focused on clean community energy, regional food systems, efficient, affordable, and durable housing, ecosystem restoration and stewardship. — with Lisa Abbott, Marion Gee, Aghilah Nadaraj, Jesus Vazquez Negron, Mateo Nube, Eddie Bautista, Elizabeth Yeampierre, Angela Adrar, Ice Cube, Anthony Rogers-Wright, Senowa Mize-Fox, Jayeesha Dutta, Maria Irene Lopez, Jose T. Bravo and Jaron Browne.
Grassroots Global Justice comrades
Grassroots Global Justice Alliance May 11 2019·
With Julien Terrell, Jose Bravo, Shaun Grogan-Brown, Oro Ana, Marcia Olivo, Jade Leah Daniels, Kelly Archbold, Jaron Browne, Kandi White, Cynthia Dewi Oka, Cindy Wiesner, Sunyoung Yang and Ajamu Dillahunt.
Movement Generation delegation to Klimateforum09
- North American indigenous Delegation, Movement Generation Justice and Ecology Project, and the Environmental Justice and Climate Change Initiative, along with other grassroots groups from the United States will deliver a letter to President Barack Obama demanding that the United States take real, rights-based approaches to climate change and ecological debt.
Speakers scheduled were:
- Diana Lopez- (Southwest Workers Union San Antonio, TX)
- Michele Roberts – (Advocates for Environmental Human Rights, LA/DC)
- Representatives from indigenous communities from the United States and Canada
- Moderator: Kalila Barnett (Alternatives for Communities and Environment, Boston, MA)
Other Resource people from many other organizations were also present, including: Gopal Dayaneni, Movement Generation; Alicia Garza, People Organized to Win Employment Rights (San Francisco, Right to the City, Grassroots Global Justice Alliance); Mari Rose Taruc, Asian Pacific Environmental Network (Movement Generation Bay Area network, Grassroots Global Justice Alliance, Richmond); Marisa Franco, Right to the City (NY); Roxana Aguilar, Strategic Actions for a Just Economy (Right to the City, Los Angeles); Jill Johnston, Southwest Workers Union (Grassroots Global Justice Alliance); Diana Lopez, Southwest Workers Union (Grassroots Global Justice Alliance); Jose Bravo, Just Transition Alliance (Grassroots Global Justice Alliance, San Diego); Cecil Corbin-Mark, West Harlem Environmental Actiobn (Environmental Justice Leadership Forum, New York); Jacqui Patterson, Women of Color United (GA); and Diana Pei Wu, Movement Strategy Center (CA).
Grassroots Global Justice Alliance Coordinating Committee
- Asian Pacific Environmental Network (Mei-ying Williams, Miya Yoshitani
- Black Workers for Justice (Ajamu Dillahunt, Angaza Laughinghouse)
- Causa Justa/Just Cause (Maria Poblet)
- Community to Community Development (Tara Villalba, Edgar Franks)
- East Michigan Environmental Action Council (Diana Copeland, William Copeland)
- Indigenous Environmental Network (Kandi Mossett, Tom Goldtooth)
- Just Transition Alliance (Jose Bravo)
- Miami Workers Center (Marcia Olivo, Trenise Bryant)
- Southwest Workers Union (Diana Lopez)
- Vermont Workers Center (Kate Kanelstein, James Haslam)