- Studied English; Concentration: Journalism at Jackson State University
- Went to Thornridge High School
Climate Justice Alliance staff
Climate Justice Alliance April 2 ·2019·
Big shout out to the CJA staff: Campaigns Director Ananda Lee Tan, Executive Director Angela Adrar, Climate Justice Policy Coordinator Cynthia Mellon, Member Engagement Coordinator Chloe Sachine Sumi, Midwest Region Just Transition Organizer Dorthea Enrique, Special Projects and Logistics Coordinator Heather Thiry, Digital Media Coordinator Hendrik Voss, Funder Relations Organizer Holly Baker, Executive Assistant Karina Belen Gonzalez Morales, Managing Director Marion Gee, Southeast Region Just Transition Organizer Monica Atkins, Senior Communications Advisor Olivia Burlingame Goumbri, Executive Assistant Senowa Mize-Fox, Reinvest Project Director Yuki Kidokoro, and Just Transition Project Steward Lupe Romero.
It Takes Roots November 1 · 2019.
50 social justice activists from across the United States and Puerto Rico just landed in Havana, Cuba for the It Takes Roots delegating to the Continental Convergence for Democracy and Against Neoliberalism.
We are here to build deeper relationships, to affirm the principles of solidarity and grassroots internationalism, and to continue to fight for a systemic transformation against capitalism. It Takes Roots is a multiracial effort led by women and gender oppressed people of color and Indigenous peoples on the frontlines of racial, housing and climate justice. It Takes Roots is made up of the members of Grassroots Global Justice Alliance, Right to the City, the Indigenous Environmental Network and the Climate Justice Alliancee — with Shaun Grogan-Brown, Monica Atkins, Randy Jackson, Jade Leah Daniels, Indigenous Environmental Network, Maria Irene Lopez, Cindy Wiesner, Darryl E. Jordan, Tom Goldtooth, Climate Justice Alliance, Grassroots Global Justice Alliance, PODER (SF), Ironbound Community Corporation and East Michigan Environmental Action Council - EMEAC.
Puerto Rican mission in Havana
The #ItTakesRoots Cuba delegation visited the Puerto Rican mission in Havana for a conversation about the fight for the independence of the Puerto Rican people, the historical relationship between Cuba and Puerto Rico, Indigenous peoples in both countries, the US embargo, the continued impact that #HurricanMaria has on the island, #JustRecovery, about ways that we can work together, and more.
With Darryl E. Jordan, Chloe Sachine Sumi, Jaron Browne, Jacqueline Sirenita, Jihan Hafiz, Monica Atkins, Yuki Kidokoro, Shaun Grogan-Brown, Maria Irene Lopez, Cindy Wiesner, Basav Sen, Bineshi Albert, Jade Leah Daniels, Angela Adrar, Tom Goldtooth and Marion Gee.
Living Our Power CJA Member Convening
Climate Justice Alliance March 28 2019·
Meet the organizing team for the Living Our Power CJA Member Convening. Follow #LivingOurPower and #CJA19 for updates! — with Juan Reynosa, Tere Almaguer, Angela Adrar, Nati Conrazon, Dante C. Swinton, Mateo Nube, Darryl Molina Sarmiento, Marion Gee, Holly Baker, Yuki Kidokoro, Elizabeth Yeampierre, Chloe Sachine Sumi, Darryl E. Jordan, Monica Atkins, Senowa Mize-Fox, Cynthia Mellon, Ananda Lee Tan, Makani Themba and Parisa Bonita Norouzi.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those indicating interest in attending, on Facebook included Monica Atkins.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those invited, on Facebook included Monica Atkins.