Tom BK Goldtooth
US Social Forum National Planning Committee
Earth Day 2011
"False Solutions, such as "Clean Coal," harm communities on the front lines of extraction".
This event took place at CARECEN in Los Angeles, featuring Tom Goldtooth, Indigenous Environmental Network (IEN), Ash-Lee Henderson, Mountain Justice, and Bill Gallegos (Communities for a Better Environment). Hosted by Cindy Wiesner (Grassroots Global Justice Alliance - and Tammy Bang Luu (The Strategy Center). Second Panel: Sunyoung Yang, and others on community-based real solutions.
Grassroots Global Justice Alliance Coordinating Committee
- Asian Pacific Environmental Network (Mei-ying Williams, Miya Yoshitani
- Black Workers for Justice (Ajamu Dillahunt, Angaza Laughinghouse)
- Causa Justa/Just Cause (Maria Poblet)
- Community to Community Development (Tara Villalba, Edgar Franks)
- East Michigan Environmental Action Council (Diana Copeland, William Copeland)
- Indigenous Environmental Network (Kandi Mossett, Tom Goldtooth)
- Just Transition Alliance (Jose Bravo)
- Miami Workers Center (Marcia Olivo, Trenise Bryant)
- Southwest Workers Union (Diana Lopez)
- Vermont Workers Center (Kate Kanelstein, James Haslam)
Grassroots Global Justice Alliance 10th anniversary
10 years ago in San Antonio, grassroots leaders from communities of color, indigenous peoples and low-income communities across the US voted to launch a new alliance to connect US-based grassroots organizing to international social movements. And so, Grassroots Global Justice Alliance was born!
In 2015, we are coming full circle to San Antonio for our 10th Anniversary Kick-Off Event!
Join us for an intergenerational panel of activists in dialogue about activism and the resurgence of street mobilization in the global justice movement, from the early 2000s to 2015.
- Ruben Solis Garcia, Universidad Sin Fronteras
- Tom Goldtooth, Indigenous Environmental Network
- Tammy Bang Luu, Labor/Community Strategy Center
- Jessica O. Guerrero, Fuerza Unida Mujeres
- Sandra Garcia & Dorian Angulo, Southwest Workers Union
- Cindy Wiesner, GGJ National Coordinator
Climate Change COP 20
Nearly three months after mobilizing over 19,000 people with the Climate Justice Alliance to the People’s Climate March and Summit in New York City during September 2014, Grassroots Global Justice Alliance (GGJ) is leading a delegation of 12 grassroots leaders from frontline communities impacted by economic crisis and climate change in the United States to the People’s Summit on Climate Change COP 20 in Lima, Peru from December 8–11, 2014.
Four leading delegates were;
Kali Akuno, Coordinator, Cooperation Jackson, Jackson MS, United States, Diana Lopez, Director, Southwest Workers Union, San Antonio, TX, United States, Tom B.K. Goldtooth, Executive Director, Indigenous Environmental Network, Bemidji, MN, United States, Cindy Wiesner, National Coordinator, Grassroots Global Justice Alliance; Co-Director, Climate Justice Alliance.
Native Nations March on Washington DC
It Takes Roots
Ananda Lee Tan August 19, 2018:
My amazing It Takes Roots team, gearing up to confront disaster capitalism, and champion community solutions to protect Mother Earth and all her peoples. Join us for Solidarity 2 Solutions week in San Francisco: Sept 8-14 — with Anamika Jain, Cindy Wiesner, Bineshi Albert, Zol Boo, Angela Adrar, Doria Robinson, Beatrice Camacho, Antonio Diaz, Alvina Wong, Tom Goldtooth, Heather Thiry, Kitzia Esteva, Marion Gee, Malcolm Torreoon Chu, Senowa Mize-Fox, Marco van Basten, Kitty Huddleston, Jaron Browne, Laura Navarro, Tere Almaguer, Pam Tau Lee, Chloe Sachine Sumi, Jacqueline Sirenita and Maya Bhardwaj in San Francisco, California.