Chau Lan Ngo
- 1 Education
- 2 Career
- 3 Austin Bernie supporters
- 4 Bernie tattoos
- 5 Bernie delegate, 2016 Dem convention
- 6 Austin DSA national conference delegate
- 7 Texas Fight to Stop a New "Anti-immigrant" Law
- 8 Block-walking for Susanna Woody
- 9 Texas DSA - Red State Rising
- 10 Anti-Trump
- 11 Endorsing Fetonte
- 12 Democratic Socialists of America Unity
- 13 Our Revolution Central Texas
- 14 Texas DSA at the convention
- 15 Austin DSA Socialist Feminist Book Club
- 16 Green Socialist Caucus
- 17 DSA Poor People's Caucus closed FB group
- 18 Left Up To US Closed Facebook group
- 19 Austin DSA comrades
- 20 Democratic Socialists of America Electoral Committee
- 21 Socialist Majority Caucus
- 22 References
Married to Chris Kutalik Cauthern.
Studies History and Government at The University of Texas at Austin.
- Former Apprentice Organizer at Texas State Employees Union (CWA Local 6186)
- Former Regional Field Director at Bernie 2016
Austin Bernie supporters
Bernie delegate, 2016 Dem convention
Clarissa Rodriguez July 26, 2016 near Philadelphia, PA ·
Wooo! All hail the berner fam !! — with Richy Echegaray, Michele Goodwin, Sitina Gutierrez, Kristi Lara, Chau Lan Ngo, Josette Angelique, Julie Ann Nitsch, Kit Jones, Jacob Limon, Kit Jones, Theresa Elizabeth, Omero Lara, Karina Quesada-Leon, Kay West and Gabriel Rossi Silva.
Austin DSA national conference delegate
Texas Fight to Stop a New "Anti-immigrant" Law
By June 2017, Austin Democratic Socialists of America had built a large membership of over 640 members by being active as allies against a number of attacks on communities of color, women and LGBTQ people over the last two years.
- This work has intensified since Trump took office. Perhaps their most important campaign, which other groups can learn from, is their current fight against an anti-immigrant bill.
On May 29th, national media coverage showed footage of hundreds of people in Austin, Texas chanting and protesting in the Capitol against a new anti-illegal immigrant law known as SB4, for “Senate Bill 4.”
- SB4 is a highly controversial bill that mandates local police and sheriffs to essentially become an arm of the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Under the bill, local peace officers would be given broad authority to ask the immigration status of anyone stopped by an officer for almost any reason. Thus, the moniker: “Show Me Your Papers Law.” SB4 began as a priority of Lt. Governor Dan Patrick and Governor Greg Abbott.
- The authors of the bill in the Senate specifically targeted Austin Sheriff Sally Hernandez, who ran on a campaign of constitutional rights of undocumented residents and non-cooperation beyond the legal requirements with ICE. The only female in a field of six, she won handily in the Democratic primary, and five months later in the general election against a Republican. Sheriff Hernandez said in a hearing on the bill in April that SB4 will "coerce local law enforcement to divert scarce resources to enforcing federal immigration laws, at a risk to public safety.”
- During hearings in the Senate and the House, hundreds of people, many of them immigrants or family of immigrants, both documented and not, testified and signed in opposition to the bill. Sheriffs and chiefs of police testified that the bill would undermine the trust between the police and the immigrant and Latino communities, leaving their cities and towns less safe. Mayors, lawyers, school administrators and school board members spoke out against the mass deportation provisions of the bill and its potentially devastating impact on families, children, businesses and the Texas economy.
Despite these large protests, the House and the Senate passed the bill. Advocates were outraged that the bill was made far more egregious in the final evening of late-night amendments to the bill in the House, where Tea Party reactionaries one-upped each other.
DSA members, as allies with immigrant rights organizations, began actively supporting the fight to stop SB4 during the legislative session. Austin DSA had been involved since the first mobilizations around the hearings in the Senate and in the House. After the bill passed both houses, a group of 20 protesters were arrested at a sit-in at the Governor’s office on May Day. Two of the arrested were Co-chairs Danny Fetonte and Chau Lan Ngo. Other DSA members were arrested as well. DSA members also played roles as witnesses and supporters during the civil disobedience and outside at the rally. 
Block-walking for Susanna Woody
Susanna Woody March 3 near Austin, TX ·
Last weekend of block walking. Come out and join us! Thanks Austin Young Democrats , Our Revolution South Austin , Left Up To US and Our Revolution Central TX for coming out today! — with Kolby Duhon, Andrew Costigan, Roy Woody, Barbara Fetonte, Sarah Rodriguez Ledesma, Mickey Fetonte, Erica Ọkụ Pehua, Joey Gidseg, Claudia Corum, Cynthia Mancha, Steve Voytowich, Raquel Voytowich, Richard Franklin, Maryann Ledesma, Jen Ramos, Chau Lan Ngo and Savannah Ledesma.
Texas DSA - Red State Rising
- A forum for discussion, ideas, and commentary from, for, and about the statewide Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) movement in Texas. There are now 10 official Chapters & Organizing Committees across the state (see list below). Let this be a place for solidarity, for the sharing of best practices, and for discussion about socialism and DSA.
As of March 16, 2017;
- Jesse Soria
- Kristian Steffany, Dallas, Texas
- Shelby Murphy, Sales at Best Buy
- Maria Svart, Brooklyn, New York
- Caleb Bishop White
- Chau Lan Ngo, The University of Texas at Austin
- John L. Elwell, JMU
Austin Democratic Socialists of America members who endorsed Danny Fetonte when he ran for DSA NPC in 2017 included Liz Garcia, Chau Ngo, Jim Tourtelott, Bobbie Tsukahara, Nikki Reese, Julie Ann Nitsch, Taylor Jones, Seth Hutchinson, Jacob Aronowitz, James Cole, Gil Starkey, Barbara Fetonte, Mickey Fetonte, Bob Gibbons, Ron Nelson, Ahmed Abdel-Meguid, Yolanda Delgado, Priscilla Echegaray, Sophia Donnelly, Roy Woody, Susanna Woody, Liliana Mendoza, Chris Wang, Colin Gray, Omar Kadir, Molly Middleton, Derek Brozowski, Guilherme Nettesheim, Steve Voytowich, Chance Walker, Mike Gross, Rachel Castignoli, Bob Gibbons, Cynthia Mancha – Austin.
Democratic Socialists of America Unity
Our Revolution Central Texas
Our Revolution Central Texas at the 1st OR State Convention. — with Xaq Webb, Fletcher Lenz, Mike Lewis, Haley Mack, Morgen Cuming, Roy Woody, Kenith Gonzalez, Chau Lan Ngo, Mickey Fetonte, Julie Ann Nitsch, Steve Voytowich, Claudia Corum, Susanna Woody, Claudia Corum, Hatem Natsheh, Ron Coldiron and Jim Tourtelott.
Texas DSA at the convention
Austin DSA Socialist Feminist Book Club
Green Socialist Caucus
Democratic Socialists of America, Green Socialist Caucus closed Facebook group members, as of October 15 2017, included Chau Lan Ngo.
DSA Poor People's Caucus closed FB group
Left Up To US Closed Facebook group
Austin DSA comrades
Glenn Scott August 11, 2017 ·
DSA members beat the heat in Atx at july 29 Our Lives On the Line rally and march to stop Trumpcare ! Front row, Danny Saenz & David Wittie,(back row) David Pinkham , Ryan Rosshirt , Robin Hofpauer, Chau Lan Ngo, Monica Olvera , Cynthia Mancha, James Cole, Courtney Szigetvari, Roy Woody, Glenn Scott, Linda Kniolek & Akhil Mulgonaert.
Democratic Socialists of America Electoral Committee
In March 2018 Chau Lan Ngo was involved with the Democratic Socialists of America Electoral Committee.
Socialist Majority Caucus
- Texas observer, Red Dawn: Socialist Group Sees Explosive Growth Ignited by Sanders, Trump
- Texas Showdown - SB 4 Posted by Dsa 🌹 on 06.26.17
- [https://www.Facebook.com/notes/austin-dsa/support-danny-fetonte-for-npc/1917815435143506/Support Danny Fetonte for NPC AUSTIN DSA·SUNDAY, JULY 23, 2017]