John Elwell is a North Texas activist.
2016 North Texas DSA contacts
As of August 2016;
Texas DSA - Red State Rising
- A forum for discussion, ideas, and commentary from, for, and about the statewide Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) movement in Texas. There are now 10 official Chapters & Organizing Committees across the state (see list below). Let this be a place for solidarity, for the sharing of best practices, and for discussion about socialism and DSA.
As of March 16, 2017;
- Jesse Soria
- Kristian Steffany, Dallas, Texas
- Shelby Murphy, Sales at Best Buy
- Maria Svart, Brooklyn, New York
- Caleb Bishop White
- Chau Lan Ngo, The University of Texas at Austin
- John L. Elwell, JMU
Stand with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
We Stand with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was a 2018 letter signed by several Democratic Socialists of America members mainly from the DSA North Star in response to attacks on Ocasio-Cortez over remarks she made on Palestine.
- A recent petition circulated by some DSA members criticizes Ocasio-Cortez for supporting a two state solution to the Palestine-Israel question and not aligning with a long list of demands regarding Palestine and Israel. Should Ocasio-Cortez fail to agree with this list of demands, the petitioners are calling for DSA to revoke her endorsement. These attacks on Ocasio-Cortez have come despite the fact that she has staked out positions which will make her one of the strongest advocates of Palestinian rights and self-determination in Congress.
- We stand with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. The position she has taken on Israel and Palestine are principled stances, worthy of a democratic socialist, in its recognition of both Palestinian humanity and rights and Israeli humanity and rights. On this issue, as many, she will be a voice for the voiceless in Congress.
Signatures included John Elwell.