- 1 Education
- 2 Ministry
- 3 Politics
- 4 CPUSA
- 5 DSA/YDS Southern Region members
- 6 UTD DSA Members
- 7 Young Democratic Socialists @ SHSU
- 8 Church work
- 9 Texas DSA - Red State Rising
- 10 2016 North Texas DSA contacts
- 11 Jesus compared to Bin Laden?
- 12 CPUSA DFW Region Closed Group
- 13 DSA NTX National Delegates & Alternates
- 14 Democratic Socialists of America Unity
- 15 DSA North Texas Closed Facebook Group
- 16 DSA Disability Caucus/Working Group
- 17 United Socialists initiative
- 18 References
- Progressive Anti-Capitalist, Seminarian/Pastor, MiD-UCC, Community Organizer, and Angelic Rebel Rouser!
- Studied Political science at Sam Houston State University
- Went to Huntsville High School
- MiD - Heart of Texas Association at South Central Conference, United Church of Christ
- Former Consulting Pastor for Community Outreach at Firewheel UCC
- Former Student Pastor at First Congregational UCC Fort Worth
- Former Young Adult and College Ministry Coordinator, Media Tech, and many more hats. at Wesley Memorial United Methodist Church - Huntsville, TX
Former County Chairman at Walker County Democratic Party
Caleb White currently lives in the Oaklawn neighborhood in Dallas and currently preaches pulpit supply as he seeks a part time calling to serve while he finishes his M.Div.
Caleb White is a member of the Communist Party USA.
DSA/YDS Southern Region members
UTD DSA Members
Young Democratic Socialists @ SHSU
- Tom Jones, University of North Texas, Joined about 7 years ago
- Anthony Rainey, TA in the Sociology Department at University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Cody Hatcher, Works at Harris Health System
- Caleb Bishop White, Joined about 7 years ago
- Thomas Jones, Organizer at AFT - American Federation of Teachers
Caleb White is a 2010 graduate of Sam Houston State University with a B.S. in Political Science with a minor in Music, today he is currently a M.Div. student at Chicago Theological Seminary. Before CTS, White spent time at Houston Graduate School of Theology and Brite Divinity School, during his time in seminary, he has excelled in scholarship and is a Brown Endowment Scholar, William Johnson Scholar, and a Howard Wilke Scholar.
His ministerial interest lean towards community outreach with an emphasis in economic justice and parish ministry with an emphasis in church growth and renewal. White is a Member in Discernment in care of the Heart of Texas Association of the South Central Conference, United Church of Christ, a liberal mainline protestant denomination. He has formerly served as Student Pastor of First Congregational UCC in Fort Worth and as Consulting Pastor of Community Outreach for Christ Church Firewheel UCC in Sachse, Texas. His home congregation is Friends Congregational United Church of Christ in College Station and he is a self-proclaimed Liturgical Nerd. Outside of church related activities, he spends his time organizing as Co-Chair of the Democratic Socialists of America - North Texas.
Texas DSA - Red State Rising
- A forum for discussion, ideas, and commentary from, for, and about the statewide Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) movement in Texas. There are now 10 official Chapters & Organizing Committees across the state (see list below). Let this be a place for solidarity, for the sharing of best practices, and for discussion about socialism and DSA.
As of March 16, 2017;
- Jesse Soria
- Kristian Steffany, Dallas, Texas
- Shelby Murphy, Sales at Best Buy
- Maria Svart, Brooklyn, New York
- Caleb Bishop White
- Chau Lan Ngo, The University of Texas at Austin
- John L. Elwell, JMU
2016 North Texas DSA contacts
As of August 2016;
Jesus compared to Bin Laden?
CPUSA DFW Region Closed Group
Members included Caleb White .
DSA NTX National Delegates & Alternates
DSA NTX National Delegates & Alternates to DSA National Convention, Chicago, Closed Facebook Group.
Members included Caleb White.
Democratic Socialists of America Unity
DSA North Texas Closed Facebook Group
DSA Disability Caucus/Working Group
United Socialists initiative
- This group is for left unity. All factions of leftists welcome for open debate and forum discussion