- 1 Education
- 2 Activism
- 3 Solidarity with CTU
- 4 School Board run
- 5 Our Revolution endorsement
- 6 NVM cadre supports Gary Broderick
- 7 Broderick supporters
- 8 Progressive Philly Rising
- 9 Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- 10 MMP Host Committee
- 11 Point Breeze Organizing Committee
- 12 Philadelphia comrades
- 13 Supporting the Kurds
- 14 Dump Trump
- 15 MoveOn.org
- 16 References
- Studied at New Jersey City University Alumni
- Went to Highland Park High School
- Organizer at Communications Workers of America
- Former Organizer at New Virginia Majority
- Former Organizer at Unite Here Philadelphia
Solidarity with CTU
RISE for Youth October 23 2019·
RISE for Youth is #Red4Ed. Executive Director Valerie Slater and Legislative Coordinator Gary Broderick stand in solidarity with the Chicago Teachers Union who are on strike for their students. We join educators across Virginia, and across the country in fighting for the schools and communities our young people deserve.
School Board run
During his time as a parent organizer with New Virginia Majority, he was part of key victories: successfully pressuring the School Board to put forward a needs-based budget and winning democratic reforms to the Mayor’s Education Compact. Broderick, was quoted in Style Weekly sounding the alarm on the dangers of privatization and has been a key voice warning about the encroachment on democratic governance.
Broderick is a former Instructional Assistant at Eastway Elementary in Durham, NC and a former organizer with the Durham Association of Educators. In his time in North Carolina, he played a leadership role in organizing an educator-led #StudentsDeserveMore march, where parents, students, and teachers marched 23 miles to demand more funding for schools. Broderick began his public education activism, while living in Philadelphia. The city of Philadelphia announced it was going to close 37 schools; Broderick was one of 19 people who participated in a civil disobedience to prevent the school closings.
Our Revolution endorsement
Gary Broderick was endorsed by our Revolution RVA.
Our Revolution RVA July 24
⚠️☑ENDORSMENT ALERT⚠️☑Our Revolution RVA is excited to announce our latest endorsement: @garysbroderick for @rvaschools board district 7! Broderick is the only candidate in the district running on a clean, corporate free campaign that is focused on rebuilding the RPS system.
NVM cadre supports Gary Broderick
Jasmine Marie Leeward supported Gary Broderick.
Kristin Reed November 7, 2018 ·
It's a beautiful post election morning, and I am so thankful and so proud of every ounce of love and labor we poured into Gary Broderick's campaign for school board. We built a team that will far outlast this campaign, and we furthered a movement that will extend beyond this election cycle. I've heard it advised you should claim no easy victories. The work we did over the last six months was not easy, and the outcomes—from the expansion of this political team to the realization of our call for a teacher free speech resolution—were absolutely a victory.
Kristin Reed August 30, 2018 ·
Another day another canvass! This week was so fun I photoshopped it. It was great to see everyone out, and it's empowering to know we're in this together. — with Sarah Pedersen, Bradley Robert, Jasmine Celosia, Connor Dolson, Amber Lee, Stephanie Rizzi, Jessica Mihs, Christopher Lombardi, Gary Broderick and Brionna Nomi.
Progressive Philly Rising
In 2015 Gary Broderick was political director of Progressive Philly Rising.
Open Letter to Obama on Iran
MMP Host Committee
Media Mobilizing Project April 23, 2014:
MMP is thrilled to announce our powerhouse-of-a-host-committee for our 5th Annual Sustainer Celebration and Launch Party for The Spark: Stories that Change Our Times.
Our hosts are movement-builders, media-makers, organizers, strategists, and everyday people fighting to win our human rights!
Alex Wiles * Alix Mariko Webb * Allison Budschalow & Jonathan Barnes * Amber Felton * Amendu Evans * Amy Miller, Melissa Beatriz, Jonathan Barnes, Gary Broderick, Desi Burnette, Wende Elizabeth Marshall, Anna Grant, Zoraida Cecilia, Melissa Robbins, Bryan Mercer, Audra Traynham, Mica Root, Kati Sipp, Bek Phil, Antoine Haywood, Jay Graber, Renee McBride Williams, Todd Wolfson, Sunanda Ghosh, Molly McLidz, Sheila Quintana, Nomi M-b, Alex Wiles, Fred Pinguel, Milena Velis, Ron Blount, Jeff Rousset, Katya Rosa Botwinick, Harvey Finkle, Brendon Jobs, Patricia Eakin, Willie Colon, Kristin Campbell, Amendu Evans, Allison Budschalow, Ociele Hawkins, Tc Owens, Rugiatu Conteh and Ron Whitehorne.
Point Breeze Organizing Committee
Todd Wolfson in his book "Digital Rebellion: The Birth of the Cyber Left" thanked activists from the Media Mobilizing Project and Philadelphia, including Shivaani Selvaraj, Mica Root, Phil Wider, Nijmie Dzurinko, Desi Burnette, Ron Blount, Alix Webb, Bryan Mercer, Rebekah Scotland Phillips, Kristin Campbell, Hannah Jane Sassaman, Erika Almiron, Rachel Goffe, Megan Williamson, Fred Pinguel, Amalia Deloney, Martin Lautz, John Hough, Steve Chrevenka, Al Alston, Carmen Cuadrado, Amendu Evans, Audra Traynham, Peter Bloom, Lawrence Jones, Charles Clark, Koby Murphy, Quon Chance, Willie Baptist, Liz Theoharis, Liz McElroy, Mohammad Shukur, Bill Zoda, Tekle Gebrehmdin, Patrick Animah, Gary Broderick, Dina Yarmus, Ron Whitehorne, Patricia Eakin and others. 
Supporting the Kurds
December 28, 2015, Sendolo Diaminah posted on his FaceBook page supporting the Kurds;
- The Kurdish people have been engaged in an inspiring struggle to carve out freedom and autonomy for themselves, both from the corrupt states of Turkey, Iraq, and Syria AND from ISIS. Now the Turkish government is ramping up its repression of the Kurdish freedom movement. The first step in solidarity must be educating ourselves about this powerful struggle for freedom and rallying to its defense. Anthony Maglione, Manzoor Cheema, Hiram Rivera Marcano, Bryan Proffitt, Aaron Bryant, Thomas Wayne Walker, Jadebroo KS, Hashim Benford, Melissa Norton, Sijal Nasralla, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Gary Broderick, Aiden Riley Graham, Rufus Firefly, Zaina Alsous, Laila Nur, Sabeen Shaiq, Theo Luebke, Caitlin Breedlove...
DUMP TRUMP, DEFEAT RACISM AND MISOGYNY, BUILD THE LEFT was an open letter to the left from 47 grassroots organizers. October 17, 2016.
- A lot of us see something really clearly, but few of us—radical and revolutionary organizers—are willing to say it out loud.
- So we’re going to say it. Defeating Trump in the presidential election is a top priority for the left. And at a minimum, that means mobilizing voters for Hillary Clinton in swing states even if you vote for another candidate in a safe state. We’ve got to beat Trump and Trumpism while building movements that will fight, resist and disrupt a Clinton administration that will be militaristic and pro-corporate...
- As we mentioned at the beginning, defeating Trump is not enough. We need movements strong enough to fight a Clinton administration on several fronts—whether Israel/Palestine, free trade agreements, climate change, a $15 minimum wage, or the prison-industrial complex. And neutralizing the appeal of the far right means we need to both strengthen our movements for racial justice and win over white workers to a progressive class politics as an alternative to Trump’s racist economic nationalism. Finally, we need to build a left that can help anchor a visionary alternative to corporate Democrats. It won’t be easy, but we’ve come this far. Let’s defend what we’ve got in this election, and keep our eye on collective liberation.
Signatories included Gary Broderick , Durham Association of Educators. .
- Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- Philadelinquency Owner Intends To Sue PBOC, Gentrifier Mindy J. Isser and Gary Broderick For Defamation August 25, 2013
- [Digital Rebellion: The Birth of the Cyber Left By Todd Wolfson. Acknowledgements]