He is a North Carolinian with more than 15 years of experience in electoral politics, movement-building, faith-based community organizing, teaching, training and grassroots democratic practice. From 2012 to 2017 he was the North Carolina Organizing Director for the America Votes c4 table, supporting progressive organizing and infrastructure in response to the right-wing’s rise in the state. Prior to America Votes he taught high school science for five years and attended Duke Divinity School, graduating in 2012.
Luebke was a middle school science teacher at the Durham School of the Arts. More recently he was a student intern from the Duke Divinity School. He is also the son of Paul Luebke North Carolina Assembly member, and UNC Greensboro Sociology Professor.
Carolina Federation staff
Carolina Federation staff, November 2019.
Ajay Singh Chaudhary September 8, 2017 · ·
Theo Luebke, is the field director for America Votes in North Carolina. That organization's director, Jessica Laurenz, claimed to be the author of a controversial strategy memorandum that urged liberal activists to "cripple" and "eviscerate the (GOP) leadership and weaken their ability to govern" and also recommended private investigators and a "staff of video trackers" to follow targeted Republican officials.
June 25-29, 2014 Max Socol, Theo Luebke, and Terry Grunwald and many other NC advocates traveled to Jackson, MS to participate in the 50th Anniversary of Freedom Summer in Jackson, MS . The Institute of Southern Jewish Life (ISJL) in Jackson offered additional programs to explore the legacy of the Jewish Freedom Summer volunteers and the implications for current Jewish activists. ISJL is an impressive organization with about 30 staff people that promotes Jewish heritage in the South (mainly the deep South although their service area includes North Carolina. CJJ was proud to be part of the conference.
Friends of Kriti Sharma
Kriti Sharma wrote "Interdependence: Biology and Beyond". She credited several people with "shaping my mind and life" through the process, including Afiya Carter, Aiden Graham, AJ Vrieze, Alexis Gumbs, Atiya Hussain, Beth Bruch, Bryan Proffitt, Caitlin Breedlove, Dannette Sharpley, Emily Chavez, Glenys Verhulst, Jenn Vrieze, Jurina Vincent-Lee, Keagha Carscallen, Laurin Penland, Kai Barrow, Lynne Walter, Marjorie Scheer, Michelle O'Brien, Manju Rajendran, Sendolo Diaminah, Mikel Barton, Monica Leonardo, Nia Wilson, Nikki Brown, Noah Blose, Paulina Hernandez, Pavithra Vasudevan, Rachael Derello, Russell Herman, Sam Hummel, Sammy Truong, Serena Sebring, Shirlette Ammons, Tema Okun, Theo Luebke, Tim Stallman, Tony Macias, and Yolanda Carrington.
Supporting the Kurds
December 28, 2015, Sendolo Diaminah posted on his FaceBook page supporting the Kurds;
- The Kurdish people have been engaged in an inspiring struggle to carve out freedom and autonomy for themselves, both from the corrupt states of Turkey, Iraq, and Syria AND from ISIS. Now the Turkish government is ramping up its repression of the Kurdish freedom movement. The first step in solidarity must be educating ourselves about this powerful struggle for freedom and rallying to its defense. Anthony Maglione, Manzoor Cheema, Hiram Rivera Marcano, Bryan Proffitt, Aaron Bryant, Thomas Wayne Walker, Jadebroo KS, Hashim Benford, Melissa Norton, Sijal Nasralla, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Gary Broderick, Aiden Riley Graham, Rufus Firefly, Zaina Alsous, Laila Nur, Sabeen Shaiq, Theo Luebke, Caitlin Breedlove...
Support for Laila Nur
Freedom Road Socialist Organization leader Sendolo Diaminah wrote a support message on his Facebook page February 4, 2016, asking for support for Laila Nur through her health problems. He copied in several Freedom Road connected people.
- Y'all, my GURL Laila needs some love. Please make a donation to keep our ferocious freedom fighter with her sexy-as-hell dimples healthy, happy, and living the freedom she works for for us all. Bryan Proffitt, Tema Jon Okun, Jadebroo KS, Aiden Riley Graham, Theo Luebke, Osunfunke Omisade Burney-Scott, Nia Wilson, Kaji Reyes, Alec Greenwald, Beth Bruch, Luke Hirst, Alexis Pauline Gumbs, Rachel Alexis Storer..
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those invited, on Facebook included Theo Luebke .
Durham for All
Sendolo Diaminah with Natalie Beyer and 13 others, Felicia Arriaga, Mikel Barton, Nadeen Bir, Leigh Bordley, Theo Luebke, Roxana Bendezu, Caitlin Elly Breedlove, Millie Beth, Laurel Ashton, Beth Bruch, Le'Andre Demond Blakeney, Dasan Ahanu, Tony Marimbondo Macias.
August 12 at 3:39pm ·
Sendolo Diaminah February 1 2018
- Hey Black organizers & those who love us: BOLD has re-opened our application period for Amandla, our organizer training program. We have just a few more slots we wanted to make available, so now is your chance if you missed the deadline!
Alicia Garza, Ajamu Dillahunt, Aaron Gamal, Whitney Maxey, Hashim Benford, Ociele Hawkins, Bryan Proffitt, Bennett D. Carpenter, Courtney Sebring, Cazembe Murphy Jackson, Reece Chenault, Charlene Carruthers, Chanelle Croxton, D’atra Jackson, Dove Kent, Fresco Steez DeLaflyy, Maria C. Fernandez, Aiden Riley Graham, Kaji Reyes, Laila Nur, Theo Luebke, Maria Poblet, N’Tanya Lee, Taliba O Njeri, Orisanmi Burton, Quinton Harper, Roberto Tijerina, Mary Hooks, Serena Sebring, Adaku Utah, Vanessa Moses, Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson, Thomas Wayne Walker, Jayanni Elizabeth, Jayda Rasberry, Amber Evans, Dara Cooper, Yotam Marom.
Institute for Southern Studies
Theo Luebke joined the Institute for Southern Studies in summer 2018 as a program fellow for the Institute's Southern Strategies Program. He is a North Carolinian with more than 15 years of experience in civic engagement, movement-building, multi-racial coalitions, community organizing, faith community organizing, electoral politics, legislative policy, teaching and grassroots democratic practice. Prior to his work with the Institute, he was the North Carolina Organizing Director for America Votes. He is a graduate of Duke Divinity School and Brown University.
- [CAROLINA JEWS FOR JUSTICE, TERRY GRUNWALD REFLECTS ON HER TRIP TO THE FREEDOM SUMMER ANNIVERSARY CONFERENCE IN JACKSON, MS 07.02.14 by debbiegoldstein]
- [Interdependence: Biology and Beyond By Kriti Sharma Acknowledgements page]
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109