- 1 Background
- 2 Sponsoring Committee Individuals
- 3 North Carolina League of Conservation Voters
- 4 Leading comrades
- 5 Men Against Rape Culture
- 6 People’s Durham
- 7 Durham People’s Alliance
- 8 Love poem
- 9 Working for Chokwe
- 10 Friends of Kriti Sharma
- 11 Supporting the Kurds
- 12 Support for Laila Nur
- 13 "Supporting "progressive county commissioners"
- 14 Duke-Durham occupation
- 15 Comrades
- 16 Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
- 17 Cuba
- 18 Amandla Training
- 19 Decrim Durham Election Forum
- 20 "10K Strong Campaign Team"
- 21 References
His struggle work consists mostly of queer and trans community organizing and anti-violence work that centers the experiences of women of color, though this last year was mostly focused on RWIOT.
In 2010, Aiden Graham was a member-volunteer with ACE’s Dudley Square Organizing Project, in Roxbury, MA. He’s also helping organize fellow library students to support Boston’s Save the Libraries Coalition recently formed to fight public sector budget cuts.
In 2016 he was a Campaign Manager at NC State AFL-CIO.
Partner of Anna Grant.
Aiden Graham grew up in the rural Sandhills of North Carolina, among the pine forests, peach orchards, and tobacco fields. He settled in the Triangle after completing his undergraduate degree at UNC-CH and has lived in Durham for the past two decades. A brief stint in Boston introduced him to the climate, environmental justice, and labor movements -- the intersections of which continue to provide some of his most challenging and fulfilling work. As the Campaign Manager at the NC State AFL-CIO, Aiden spends his days fighting alongside some of the most committed labor leaders in NC, building the political power necessary to construct a state that works for all who live here.
Sponsoring Committee Individuals
Carolina Federation sponsoring committee individuals, November 2019.
North Carolina League of Conservation Voters
Aiden Graham, is Field and Mobilization Director North Carolina League of Conservation Voters.
Aiden Graham is a native North Carolinian from the Sandhills region of the state. He comes to North Carolina League of Conservation Voters with a wide range of organizing experiences. Most recently he headed up the field operation for a successful bid for school board and was a lead organizer with a local organization called People's Durham on issues ranging from increasing access to public transportation, improving living conditions for public housing residents, and combating voter suppression in communities of color. Prior to his involvement with People's Durham, Aiden's work included leadership development with LGBTQ youth across NC and environmental justice organizing in Boston, MA. 
The NEC of FRSO/OSCL describes Aiden Riley Graham "one of our leading comrades."
Men Against Rape Culture
Bryan Proffitt is a Hip-Hop-generation white man who belongs to Men Against Rape Culture, a Durham, NC-based organization committed to building the struggle to end sexual violence and Ubuntu, a women of color- and survivor-led coalition committed to ending sexual violence.
An essay he wrote on the subject for the Freedom Road Socialist Organization website was shaped and reworked and made infinitely better by the thoughtful support and critical editing of Nancy Wilson, Tema Okun, Aiden Graham, Sam Hummel, Serena Sebring, Bob Pleasants, Michelle Lanier, Kriti Sharma, Precious-Jewel Zabriskie and Manju Rajendran.
Sendolo Diaminah May 1, 2014 ·
Sendolo Diaminah tomorrow (friday 5/2) is election day for McDougald Terrace resident's council. People’s Durham members Tina Overby and Sharon Nelson are running for treasurer and asst. treasurer. so proud of them and their vision of community transformation from the inside out!
May 1, 2014 at 9:33pm
Durham People’s Alliance
- Sara Terry, Co-President
- Tommie Watson, Co-President
- Shamieka Rhinehart, Vice-President
- Charlie Reece, Secretary
- Eric Boven, Treasurer
- Ann Rebeck, Education Co-Chair
- Kendra Montgomery-Blinn, Education Co-Chair
- Carl Rist, Economic Inequality Chair
- Milo Pyne, PAC liaison
- James Hill, PAC liaison
- Nancy Mayer
- Dan Hudgins
- Aiden Graham
Working for Chokwe
Martin Eder May 7, 2014 · Sendolo went to Jackson Miss. to work with Mayoral campaign of Chokwe Lumumba (RIP) — with Sendolo Diaminah in Durham, North Carolina. Also Aiden Graham, Bryan Proffitt, Jared Story.
Friends of Kriti Sharma
Kriti Sharma wrote "Interdependence: Biology and Beyond". She credited several people with "shaping my mind and life" through the process, including Afiya Carter, Aiden Graham, AJ Vrieze, Alexis Gumbs, Atiya Hussain, Beth Bruch, Bryan Proffitt, Caitlin Breedlove, Dannette Sharpley, Emily Chavez, Glenys Verhulst, Jenn Vrieze, Jurina Vincent-Lee, Keagha Carscallen, Laurin Penland, Kai Barrow, Lynne Walter, Marjorie Scheer, Michelle O'Brien, Manju Rajendran, Sendolo Diaminah, Mikel Barton, Monica Leonardo, Nia Wilson, Nikki Brown, Noah Blose, Paulina Hernandez, Pavithra Vasudevan, Rachael Derello, Russell Herman, Sam Hummel, Sammy Truong, Serena Sebring, Shirlette Ammons, Tema Okun, Theo Luebke, Tim Stallman, Tony Macias, and Yolanda Carrington.
Supporting the Kurds
December 28, 2015, Sendolo Diaminah posted on his FaceBook page supporting the Kurds;
- The Kurdish people have been engaged in an inspiring struggle to carve out freedom and autonomy for themselves, both from the corrupt states of Turkey, Iraq, and Syria AND from ISIS. Now the Turkish government is ramping up its repression of the Kurdish freedom movement. The first step in solidarity must be educating ourselves about this powerful struggle for freedom and rallying to its defense. Anthony Maglione, Manzoor Cheema, Hiram Rivera Marcano, Bryan Proffitt, Aaron Bryant, Thomas Wayne Walker, Jadebroo KS, Hashim Benford, Melissa Norton, Sijal Nasralla, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Gary Broderick, Aiden Riley Graham, Rufus Firefly, Zaina Alsous, Laila Nur, Sabeen Shaiq, Theo Luebke, Caitlin Breedlove...
Support for Laila Nur
Freedom Road Socialist Organization leader Sendolo Diaminah wrote a support message on his Facebook page February 4, 2016, asking for support for Laila Nur through her health problems. He copied in several Freedom Road connected people.
- Y'all, my GURL Laila needs some love. Please make a donation to keep our ferocious freedom fighter with her sexy-as-hell dimples healthy, happy, and living the freedom she works for for us all. Bryan Proffitt, Tema Jon Okun, Jadebroo KS, Aiden Riley Graham, Theo Luebke, Osunfunke Omisade Burney-Scott, Nia Wilson, Kaji Reyes, Alec Greenwald, Beth Bruch, Luke Hirst, Alexis Pauline Gumbs, Rachel Alexis Storer..
"Supporting "progressive county commissioners"
Sendolo Diaminah wrote on his Facebook page February 24 2016;
- Kaji is so hyped to phone bank for progressive county commissioners that he came a week early--even tho there was a tornado warning! Y'all better get on his level!!… Durham we have a chance to elect commissioners who can use local office to defend our communities from all the attacks coming from the republican New Confederacy. Let's use our power! You know what I mean Nia, Zaina, Alec, Santos, Seamus, Ann, Ajamu, D'atra, Cheema, Mandy, Ade, Aiden, Lorisa, Bro Ray, Melissa...
Sendolo Diaminah backed the Duke-Durham occupation April 8 at 6:40pm, 2016. ·
- Come celebrate the struggle as it moves from occupation to the next stage! Bryan Proffitt, Kaji Reyes, Laila Nur, Rufus Firefly, Anca Stefan, Alec Greenwald, Manzoor Cheema, Monica Huerta, James Hill, Elena Everett, Chanelle Croxton, D’atra Jackson, Ajamu Dillahunt, Jr., Jadebroo KS, Nia Wilson, Anthony Maglione, Sijal Nasralla, Gary B Durham, Alec Greenwald, Aiden Graham, Melissa Norton, Bro Ray, Saba Taj, Ade Oh.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those invited, on Facebook included Aiden Graham.
Sendolo Diaminah February 1 2018
- Hey Black organizers & those who love us: BOLD has re-opened our application period for Amandla, our organizer training program. We have just a few more slots we wanted to make available, so now is your chance if you missed the deadline!
Alicia Garza, Ajamu Dillahunt, Aaron Gamal, Whitney Maxey, Hashim Benford, Ociele Hawkins, Bryan Proffitt, Bennett D. Carpenter, Courtney Sebring, Cazembe Murphy Jackson, Reece Chenault, Charlene Carruthers, Chanelle Croxton, D’atra Jackson, Dove Kent, Fresco Steez DeLaflyy, Maria C. Fernandez, Aiden Riley Graham, Kaji Reyes, Laila Nur, Theo Luebke, Maria Poblet, N’Tanya Lee, Taliba O Njeri, Orisanmi Burton, Quinton Harper, Roberto Tijerina, Mary Hooks, Serena Sebring, Adaku Utah, Vanessa Moses, Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson, Thomas Wayne Walker, Jayanni Elizabeth, Jayda Rasberry, Amber Evans, Dara Cooper, Yotam Marom.
Decrim Durham Election Forum
Sendolo Diaminah April 12 (2018).
Want to meet the candidates for sheriff and district attorney? Want to hear community folks ask them the questions we care about? Come through this saturday for our election forum co-hosted with SpiritHouse NC, All Of Us Or None NC, Southerners On New Ground and BYP100 Durham Chapter! Can't make it? Share it with your friends :)
Aiden Riley Graham, Aidil Ortiz, Nia Wilson, D’atra Jackson, Alec Greenwald, Carolina Alzuru, Carol Reiner-Yepez, Anna Duncan, Bennett D. Carpenter, Elainiel Baldwin, Bryan Proffitt, Hashim Benford, Osunfunke Omisade Burney-Scott, Mikel Barton, Courtney Sebring, Chanelle Croxton, Dove Kent, Danielle Purifoy, Raymond Eurquhart, Thaddaeus Allen Edwards, Tom Feltner, Felicia Arriaga, Gen Na, Magan Gonzales Thigpen, Holly Hardin, Kori Higgs, Jesse Huddleston, Mya Hunter, Undreya Hudson, Parker T. Hurley, Sufia Ikbal-Doucet, Jennifer Frye, Kimber Jean, Turquoise LeJeune Parker, LeAndre Demond Blakeney, Lisa McCool-Grime, Pierce Freelon, Quinton Harper, Quita Tinsley, Rodrigo Dorfman, Serena Sebring, Santos Flores, Matthew Sears, Seamus Robertson, Vernetta R. Alston.
"10K Strong Campaign Team"
- Most members of our 2017 10K Strong Campaign Team, looking real cute after our year-end gathering.
- NCLCV team, accessed November 10, 2015
- FRSO FB page, Oct 5, 2011]
- Durham People’s Alliance OUR BOARD
- Combahee Survival, Archive for love October 4, 2008 by alexis
- [Interdependence: Biology and Beyond By Kriti Sharma Acknowledgements page]
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109