Duong Nghe Ly
VietLead staff 2020:
- Nancy Dung Nguyen Co-founder & Executive Director Civic Engagement & Community Defense
- Duong Nghe Ly Co-founder, Youth Projects Director
- Lan Dinh Co-founder, Food Sovereignty Projects Director (South Jersey/Philadelphia)
- Daquan Washington CE Youth Coordinator (South Jersey)
- Trang Dang CE Coordinator (Philly)
- Phuong Anh Census Coordinator (Philly)
- Van Sam Community Defence Co-Coordinator (Philly)
- Thao Tran Youth Coordinator (South Jersey)
- Nga Vu Health Programs Coordinator (Philadelphia and South Jersey)
- Neary Narom Community Defence Co-Coordinator (Philly)
- Minh Tran Garden Youth Coordinator (Philly)
2011 MidAutumn Festival
Asian Americans United September 5, 2011:
AAU artist Kathy Shimizu is back to work on MidAutumn Festival :-) Cheers to all our friends! Please share this flyer & the FB event page! — with Lai Har Cheung, Maitrivia Liem, Hon Lui, Chi-Ser Tran, Matt Tae, Srey Boss, Tai Joselyn, Alia Nakashima, Renyu Wu, Ling Lin, Debbie Wei, Duong Nghe Ly, Brandon Huynh, Debora Kodish, Doua Xiong, Lizzy Lee, Wei Chen, Karen Worley and Oh Peou.
Defending Asian students
Asian Americans United December 2, 2013:
On December 3rd, 2009, 26 Asian immigrant students were attacked both inside and directly outside of South Philadelphia High School. The students boycotted school for eight days, demanding accountability from school leadership. AAU worked with a strong and passionate team of allies to support the students. Most importantly, the students were unified, they stood strong and they didn’t back down…and... See More — with Alison Sprague, Duong Nghe Ly, Nancy Dung Nguyen, Wei Chen, Cecilia Chen, Neeta Patel, Xu Lin, Betty Lui, Masaru Edmund Nakawatase, Judy At Aau, Joan May T. Cordova, Ellen Somekawa, Helen Gym, Alice Vuong and Maxine J. Chang.
Asian Americans United - 28th Anniversary
Asian Americans United November 19, 2013:
Cheers and thanks to all who volunteered (Go AAU, go!), sponsored, hosted, donated, presented, emceed, deejayed, cooked, mixed sangria, performed and celebrated at AAU's memorable 28th anniversary benefit concert/dance featuring Nobuko Miyamoto with Theo Gonzalves! Intergenerational groups presented AAU's Standing Up for Justice Awards to Grayce Uyehara, John Elliott Churchville, and 1Love Movement. Emcee Kao Khue wove the program together like poetry.
Nobuko wrote and sang a new song for the first time: ”You are the ones we've been waiting for...” And all joined in singing: ”We are the ones we've been waiting for.”
...with so much gratitude for all who build communities and work for justice.
<3 — with Eric Joselyn, Duong Nghe Ly, Matt Tae, Regina Liu Kerr, Lai Har Cheung, Srey Boss, Chi-Ser Tran, Grace Rustia, Emily P. Lawsin, Scott Kurashige, Mary Yee, Laurent Widjaya, Paul Uyehara, Alix Mariko Webb, Rorng Sorn, Senn Font, Linh Nguyen, Bryan Mercer, K. Naroen Chhin, Masaru Edmund Nakawatase, Neeta Patel, Tai Joselyn, Doua Xiong, Renyu Wu, John Elliott Churchville, Kavita Levy, Judy At Aau, Theo Gonzalves, Ana Cruz, Janeya Hisle, Ellen Somekawa, Wei Chen, Helen Gym, Sookyung Oh, Dawn Werme Pratson, Xu Lin, Betty Lui, Peter Van Do, Nobuko Miyamoto, Kao Nhia Kue, Jean Hunt, Teresa Engst, Alice Vuong and Maxine Chang.
Asian Americans United November 3, 2014:
Asian Americans United's youth group, the Chinese Youth Organizing Project (CYOP), during their training and preparation before their door knocking campaign in Chinatown Philadelphia and South Philadelphia.
With walkie talkies in hand, turf-divided maps, scripts, clipboards, voter information materials in English & Chinese, & courageous hearts, 2 dozen youth worked to empower Asia... See More — with Wei Chen, Stephanie Frank Singer, Duong Thang Ly, Stephen Magnotti, Duong Nghe Ly, Taylor Burckhalter, Lan Nguyen, Viet Luu, Linh Pham, Nancy Dung Nguyen, Miguel Rivera, Sarun Chan, Ellen Somekawa, Helen Gym, Minh Nguyen-Rivera, Annie Seng, Xue Yan Zhang, Xu Lin, Brandon Huynh and Miguel Esteban Andrade at Asian Americans United.
Asian Americans United
Asian Americans United December 15, 2015:
Nancy Dung Nguyen August 19, 2016 ·
- With Lan Dinh, Bay T. Nguyen, Long Luu, Wei Chen, Teresa Engst, Jenny Nguyen, Duong Nghe Ly and James Nguyen.
Nancy Dung Nguyen August 17, 2016 ·
- First day with zero Roots programming crazy to handle - and I miss them all already!!! Thank you Rootsers 1.0 for an unforgettable summer; and the Rootsters 1.0 Staff Team for such an incredible and humbling learning experience. I was so challenged this summer to learn, see, practice differently - all through tears, laughter, and building a community based in love. It's like we're reconnecting as a whole new, more intentional ecosystem! See folks during the school-year! #notatFACTSthisAM #postprogramnostalgia — with Yuan Zou, Michelle Do, Lee Mai, Lan Dinh, Neary Narom and Duong Nghe Ly.
Nancy Dung Nguyen, August 11, 2016;
- It's not over yet for us, but one of the best moments this summer was when youth from VietLead, Asian Americans United, and Youth United for Change came together to being the long process of building across, between, and beyond. We completed a crazy 8-mile neighborhood walk to learn about hard-won fights that keep together Chinatown, the remaking of South Philly through Washington Ave, the hyper-gentrification in Point Breeze, and the formation of Cambodia Town. By the end of it, we were tired as F - but proud of what we have seen our people be able to do. Philly, watch out. We are taking it and remaking it towards of vision of justice, equity, resilience, complexity, and love. — with Kat Engleman, Duong Nghe Ly, Lan Dinh, Thanh Nguyen, Anne Tran, Wei Chen, Sarun Savouthchan and Bro Chi Minh.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those indicating interest in attending, on Facebook included Duong Nghe Ly.