Ngo Thanh Nhan
- 1 Folk Arts School
- 2 Charter school comrades
- 3 Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
- 4 CAAV
- 5 Communist "Manifestivity"
- 6 The Brecht Forum
- 7 Vietnam Agent Orange Relief & Responsibility Campaign
- 8 Mekong warriors
- 9 Meeting Nietnamese President
- 10 2015 Agent Orange Justice Tour
- 11 Vietnam 2016
- 12 Mekong NYC
- 13 Rhadhames Morales connection
- 14 References
Ngo Thanh Nhan, Ph.D. is a visiting scholar at NYU and Temple University and a Vietnamese Dàn Tranh musician. He is a board member of The Mekong Center, organizing the Cambodian and Vietnamese community in the Bronx, New York. Nhàn is a founding Co-Coordinator of the Vietnam Agent Orange Relief & Responsibility Campaign and has been active in his community since helping to found the Union of Vietnamese in the US in 1972. He was one of the organizers of the first National Progressive Viet Gathering.
Partner of Merle Ratner.
Folk Arts School
Charter school comrades
Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
The Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s was the Committees of Correspondence's first national conference held in Berkeley, California July 17-19, 1992.
International Solidarity evening guests were ;
- Ngo Thanh Nhan (Vietnam), Association of Vietnamese in the United States
- Judy Rebick (Canada), president, National Action Commission on the Status of Women (Canada); member, New Democratic Party (Canada)
- Sigfrido Reyes (El Salvador), Political-Diplomatic Commission of the Farabundo Marti National Liberation Front of El Salvador; member, Communist Party of El Salvador
- Hlatshwayo Madoda (South Africa), deputy head, African National Congress mission to the United States
- Andrea Lederer (Germany), member of the German parliament; leader, Party of Democratic Socialism
Ngo Thanh Nhan June 1995:
— with Eric Tang at Lower East Side.
Individual endorsers of the event included Ngo Thanh Nhan.
The Brecht Forum
Ngo Thanh Nhan July 29, 2012:
Vietnam Agent Orange Relief & Responsibility Campaign
In 2012 Ngo Thanh Nhan served on the Board of the Vietnam Agent Orange Relief & Responsibility Campaign.
Ngo Thanh Nhan January 13, 2013:
Meeting Nietnamese President
2015 Agent Orange Justice Tour
Ngo Thanh Nhan December 19, 2015:
2015 Agent Orange Justice Tour: First meeting with Asian Americans, Cathy Dang (CAAAV), Chhaya Chhoum, Socheata Meng, Le Dai Duong (Mekong NYC)... December 8, 2015 in Chinatown NY... as soon as VAVA delegation landed in NYC.
Ngo Thanh Nhan with Kimberly Goyette.
Eric Tang October 15, 2017:
Good times, being back in NYC earlier this week to celebrate the anniversary of Mekong NYC. If you weren't able to make it, you can still support this one of a kind group organizing the refugee neighborhoods of the Bronx:
Rhadhames Morales connection
Ngo Thanh Nhan with Radhames Morales.
- Open University of the Left, Vietnam From National Liberation to 21st Century Socialism
- Conference program
- Proceedings of the Committees of Correspondence Conference: Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the '90s booklet, printed by CoC in NY, Sept. 1992 (Price: $4)
- Mail Archive website: Communist Manifestivity Conference Schedule, Oct. 28, 1998
- Vietnam Agent Orange Relief & Responsibility Campaign website, accessed Dec. 13,2010