- 1 Education
- 2 Organizing Upgrade personnel
- 3 Attacking Biden
- 4 APIs for Black Lives
- 5 Study & Struggle
- 6 Vietnam, 2008
- 7 VN comrades
- 8 Vietnam Agent Orange Relief & Responsibility Campaign
- 9 Right to the City staff
- 10 CAAV
- 11 Mandela memories
- 12 Left Strategies Collective
- 13 LeftRoots
- 14 LeftRoots National Strategy Committee
- 15 Janesville, anti-Trump protest
- 16 Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
- 17 References
Claire Tran is a strategist with a background in integrated voter engagement, community organizing, training, and facilitation with organizations including AAPIs for Civic Empowerment Education Fund (AAPI FORCE-EF), URGE: Unite for Reproductive & Gender Equity, SOUL: School of Unity & Liberation, New Virginia Majority, and the Right to the City Alliance. Tran currently works for the State Power Caucus. 
- Studied at NYU-The Graduate Musical Theatre Writing Program (Official)
- Studied at NYU Tisch School of the Arts
- Studied at The Peoples Improv Theater
- Studied at Puerto Rican Traveling Theatre
- Studied at Magnet Theater
- Studied at Upright Citizens Brigade Training Center
- Studied at San Francisco State University
- Studied at Playwrights Foundation
Organizing Upgrade personnel
The Organizing Upgrade Editorial Collective, April 2020:
The Organizing Upgrade Editorial Collective, August 2019:
- We urge all left-progressive forces to take seriously what will be required to create a united progressive front capable of defeating Biden and going on to expand its influence even as we unite in an even broader coalition to defeat Trump. And to remember that we not only need cooperation on the electoral battlefront, but cooperation at scale in building mass direct action, revitalizing the trade union movement, and organizing large numbers on a host of urgent issues. After all, even if Sanders or Warren wins the presidency and the GOP loses control of both houses of Congress, it will take massive pressure from below to win a Green New Deal, Medicare for All, end mass incarceration, close the border concentration camps, change US foreign policy and begin the new cycle of progressive advance that is an existential imperative for the world’s most vulnerable and the entire human race.
- We have to quickly establish sufficient political unity to uphold a progressive front, so that we may develop the technical capacities and infrastructure to allow this progressive front to work together (regardless of whether they have endorsed Sanders or Warren). Though preserving space for constructive debate over left electoral strategy and tactics will be critical, we urge doing so in a way that does not detract from the important task of reaching outward, engaging the unconvinced and unorganized social forces we will need to win.
- To that end, Organizing Upgrade will be publishing a number of pieces in the coming week from left organizers of varied perspectives that discuss the WFP endorsement, the DSA’s “Bernie or Bust” resolution, and other developments related to the 2020 elections. Our goal is to continue engaging left organizers in strategic dialogue during a pivotal moment in history and we welcome you to join the conversation. The stakes could not be higher.
The Organizing Upgrade Editorial Collective.
APIs for Black Lives
Study & Struggle
Catalyst Project "Study & Struggle" sessions range from small, intimate, study series, to public panel discussions and presentations. Past sessions have included:
Burning Questions: What is it going to take to get Revolution out of the Air and Onto the Ground? A discussion with Max Elbaum on lessons from the New Communist Movement and the strategic role of United Fronts. Followed by Rahula Janowski from the Heads Up Collective, Claire Tran from Freedom Road Socialist Organization and Steve Williams, an organizer with POWER (People Organized to Win Employment Rights), on left organization, strategy and movement building. Co-hosted with the School of Unity and Liberation (SOUL).
The Second National Congress of the Vietnam Association for Victims of Agent Orange/Dioxin (VAVA), was convened December 2–3, 2008 in Hanoi: The Congress gathered 399 delegates, including Mr. Le Kha Phieu, Mme. Nguyen Thi Binh, Mr. Nguyen Thien Nhan, Mr. Huynh Dam, Mr. Nguyen Khoi Nguyen, and Lt. General Le Van Huan. Besides delegations from France and South Korea, the U.S. delegation representing VAORRC includes Paul Cox, Claire Tran & Jonathan Moore. Heading the delegation is Paul Cox.
The delegation visited VAVA chapters at Quang Ninh, Ho Chi Minh City (Mme. Dang Hong Nhut's Hoc Mon Center, Peace Village II, Thien Phuoc Center, Cu Chi), Da Nang and Soc Son during its post-Congress 5-day tour. 
Ngo Thanh Nhan June 26, 2011 ·
Vietnam Agent Orange Relief & Responsibility Campaign
In 2012 Claire Tran served on the Board of the Vietnam Agent Orange Relief & Responsibility Campaign.
Right to the City staff
The Right to the City national staff went through some changes in 2011, and has come out strong. The Alliance was very fortunate to hire an experienced and dynamic organizer, Rachel LaForest, as its new Director of Organizing, while it said farewell to its dedicated Lead Organizer, Marisa Franco. Lisette Le joined RTTC as the new Regional Organizer for Boston. Avi Rosenthal is came on board as the New York City Regional Coordinator and we said goodbye to New York City Organizer Shannon Barber. RTTC bade a fond farewell to Carl Lipscombe, and welcomed Mark Swier as the new Operations Coordinator. Claire Tran remains as our now-veteran RTTC staffer, leading the way as National Organizer for Civic Engagement.
- Scott Lu, Chair
- Mini Liu, Secretary
- Claire Tran
- Christine Peng
- Namita Chad
- Dennis Chin
- Mark Ro Beyersdorf
- Donna Truong
In December 2013 Freedom Road Socialist Organization's Claire Tran asked fellow activists Cameron Barron, Mary Jo Connelly, Jamala Rogers, Peter Hardie, and Montague Simmons to share their reflections after the death of Nelson Mandela. They talked about his life and the influence and lessons from the anti-apartheid movement.
Left Strategies Collective
The Left Strategies Collective was founded to create conversation within the Left around strategy development. Between 2013-2014, the Left Strategies Collective conducted a number of national calls bringing people together to talk about issues such as Worker Organizing in the 21st century, and Lessons from the Moral Mondays movement.
LeftRoots National Strategy Committee
Janesville, anti-Trump protest
Video from Groundwork and Showing Up for Racial Justice (SURJ) Wisconsin action night targeting Holiday Inn that hosted Donald Trump in Janesville, WI. #NoHateInOurState #HostForHate #StopTrump Thank you Z. Lula Haukeness, Ali Ann Brooks, Kristen Brock-Petroshius, Andrew Willis Garces, Claire Tran, B. Loewe and so many others...
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those invited, on Facebook included Claire Tran.
- Trumpism, El Paso and Our Responsibility as Left Organizers Editorial August 6, 2019
- & Struggle sessions, accessed November 2015
- The Second National Congress of the Vietnam Association for Victims of Agent Orange/Dioxin (VAVA),December 2–3, 2008, Vietnam Agent Orange Relief & Responsibility Campaign News Archive
- Vietnam Agent Orange Relief & Responsibility Campaign website, accessed Dec. 13,2010
- RIGHT TO THE CITY ALLIANCE, MONDAY, JANUARY 3, 2011 The Right To The City Alliance: Year 2010 at a Glance By Anita Sinha
- CAAV website, Board of Directors, accessed Feb. 28, 2012
- [http://freedomroad.org/2013/12/remember-struggle-and-be-transformed-by-the-struggle-reflecting-on-the-passing-of-nelson-mandela/ FRSO “Remember, Struggle and Be Transformed by the Struggle!” — Reflecting on the Passing of Nelson Mandela Posted on Thursday December 12th, 2013 by FRSO/OSCL]
- Oregon Socialist Renewal blogspot, The Audacity to Win: A Call for Strategy for the US Left Posted by admin on June 11, 2015
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109