Fight Back! supporter
As of July 5 2020 members included Cristobal Cavazos.
Immigrant Solidarity DuPage
David Huseth March 8 2020·
Calvary Episcopal Church, Lombard held a fundraising dinner for Immigrant Solidarity DuPage yesterday evening as their Lenten project . It was a beautiful event with great food, music, and art for sale, all to benefit our work in protecting and nurturing the immigrant community. Profound thanks to Pastor Maureen and the entire Calvary congregation. — with Tim Hickey, Mike Johnson, Gaby Hernandez Chico, Rafael Vieyra, Vince Hardt and Cristobal Cavazos.
Saluting workers everywhere!
In 2009 the Peoples Weekly World carried an article "Saluting workers everywhere!"
- Our unity makes Wall Street tremble
- Employee Free Choice and universal health care!
- A 'green', demilitarized, democratized economy that works for all!
Illinois Readers of the PWW signed the article.
Terrie Albano & John Bachtell - Jon Allen - Sijisfredo Aviles - Eric Robert Berdell - Carolyn Black & Bill Appelhans - Owen Brill - Helen Boothe - John Bradley - Docia Buffington & Abdul-Aziz Hassan - Cathy Campo & Kevin Lindeman - Cristobal Cavazos, Tania Brown & Anita Naoli - Andrew Chebuhar - Dean Christ & Joan Phillips - Ben Cline - Carmen Cohn & Lance Cohn - Alison Cooper - Clarice Durham - Joan Elbert - Thomas Fineberg & Maxine Fineberg - Oscar Forsman - Connie Hall - Ahmad Hassan - Harold Hill - Dajiang Hu - Marge Gamboa - Mike Giocondo & Carroll Krois - Luster Jackson - Ed Jenks & Mary Jenks - Earl R. Jones - Kenneth Kapel - Molly Kelley & Dallas Brown - Angela Larson & Bamshad Mobasher - Jim Lange - Joyce Lightfoot - Stephen Livingston - Guadalupe Lozano - Pepe Lozano - Bea Lumpkin & Frank Lumpkin - Megan Marshall - Scott Marshall & Roberta Wood - Bill Mackovich - Damien Matthews - Donn Miller - Stanley Moe - Ken Nelson - Tom Pace - Ted Pearson & Kathy Pearson - Martha Pedroza - Hector Pedroza - Shelby Richardson – Mark Rogovin & Michelle Rogovin - Barbara Russum -Armando Santos - Tom Shepherd - Evelyn Swan - Ruth Tregay -Kevin Tyson - John Wojcik.
Latinos for Peace
On October 31 2009, Latinos For Peace issued a statement calling for “no escalation of the war in Afghanistan and for expedited withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq and Afghanistan as well as an end to the coup government in Honduras”.
More than 100 activists endorsed the call, including Cristobal Cavazos, Chicago, IL.
"Obama Year One"
Saturday, February 20, 2010 at Roosevelt University, 430 S. Michigan, Room 232, Chicago, a forum was held 'Obama Year One."
- In the aftermath of the historic 2008 elections and in the midst of the deepest economic crisis since the Great Depression, activists and progressives from across movements came together to push for a new New Deal. The new political and economic realities created new opportunities to mobilize for progressive changes including ending wars and militarism; promoting workers' rights; reforming healthcare; and developing economic policies that promote jobs and communities instead of corporate profits. There have been both advances and setbacks in these struggles. One year later, it's time to take stock of lessons learned, evaluate strategic goals, and plan for future campaigns. Join leaders of the labor, peace, immigrant rights, healthcare reform, and economic justice movements in assessing the past year and current political conditions to determine ways we can work together towards progressive change.
The panel included:
- Elce Redmond South Austin Coalition Community Council and Chicago Jobs with Justice
- Amy B. Dean Co-Author of the book A New New Deal: How Regional Activism Will Reshape the American Labor Movement
- Tom Balanoff President of the Service Employees International Union Illinois Council
- Judith LeBlanc Field Organizer for Peace Action; Former National Co-Chair of United for Peace and Justice
- Mel Rothenberg Chicago Political Economy Group; Chicago Jobs with Justice
- Dr. Anne Scheetz Physicians for a National Health Program
- Cristobal Cavazos Immigrant Solidarity DuPage