"Se si puede"
Peace Council dinner
Chicago Communist Party banquet
According to the Peoples Weekly World October 3 1998, Congressman Danny K. Davis interrupted his campaign work for United States Senate candidate Carol Moseley Braun and gubernatorial candidate Glenn Poshard to present an award at the 1998 Chicago Peoples Weekly World banquet. Davis praised Communist Party USA member and Hani-Lozano Award winner Harry Gaynor's "active role in tearing city's segregated walls and working for peace".
- John Randolph, actor
- Johnnie Jackson, Chicago Coalition of Labor Union Women and also an Hani-Lozano Award winner
- Lupe Lozano
- Alma Washington, event chair, Actors Equity member
- Scott Marshall, Illinois Communist Party organizer
- Tim Yeager, lead the singing
- Alyssa Coiley, Young Communist League
This event raised $10,000 towards keeping the Communist Party paper afloat..
Saluting workers everywhere!
In 2009 the Peoples Weekly World carried an article "Saluting workers everywhere!"
- Our unity makes Wall Street tremble
- Employee Free Choice and universal health care!
- A 'green', demilitarized, democratized economy that works for all!
Illinois Readers of the PWW signed the article.
Terrie Albano & John Bachtell - Jon Allen - Sijisfredo Aviles - Eric Robert Berdell - Carolyn Black & Bill Appelhans - Owen Brill - Helen Boothe - John Bradley - Docia Buffington & Abdul-Aziz Hassan - Cathy Campo & Kevin Lindeman - Cristobal Cavazos, Tania Brown & Anita Naoli - Andrew Chebuhar - Dean Christ & Joan Phillips - Ben Cline - Carmen Cohn & Lance Cohn - Alison Cooper - Clarice Durham - Joan Elbert - Thomas Fineberg & Maxine Fineberg - Oscar Forsman - Connie Hall - Ahmad Hassan - Harold Hill - Dajiang Hu - Marge Gamboa - Mike Giocondo & Carroll Krois - Luster Jackson - Ed Jenks & Mary Jenks - Earl R. Jones - Kenneth Kapel - Molly Kelley & Dallas Brown - Angela Larson & Bamshad Mobasher - Jim Lange - Joyce Lightfoot - Stephen Livingston - Guadalupe Lozano - Pepe Lozano - Bea Lumpkin & Frank Lumpkin - Megan Marshall - Scott Marshall & Roberta Wood -Bill Mackovich - Damien Matthews - Donn Miller - Stanley Moe - Ken Nelson - Tom Pace - Ted Pearson & Kathy Pearson - Martha Pedroza - Hector Pedroza - Shelby Richardson – Mark Rogovin & Michelle Rogovin - Barbara Russum -Armando Santos - Tom Shepherd - Evelyn Swan - Ruth Tregay -Kevin Tyson - John Wojcik.
Chuy for Mayor
Pepe Lozano, September 2, 2017 near Chicago, IL ·
Families Belong Together march
Pepe Lozano June 30 2018:
- WREE Chicago mailing list, May 2, 1985, Sandy Patrinos papers, Tamiment Library, New York
- PWW October 3, 1986, page 22
- Peoples Weekly World, "Chicago Banquet Nets $10,000 for 'World'", p. 3, with photo of Davis, Harry Gaynor, John Randolph - id. CPUSA, Alma Washington, Lupe Lozano, widow of murdered radical Rudy Lozano and whose son is a member of the CPUSA; Johnnie Johnson, former president of Chicago CLUW CLUW (a woman), and Scott Marshall, Illinois District organizer for the CPUSA.
- PW, Saluting workers everywhere! by: ILLINOIS FRIENDS OF PWW may 1 2009