John Wojcik started as labor editor of the Communist Party USA paper People's Weekly World in May, 2007 after working as a union meat cutter in northern New Jersey. There he served as a shop steward, as a member of a UFCW contract negotiating committee, and as an activist in the union's campaign to win public support for Wal-Mart workers. In the 1970s and '80s he was a political action reporter for the Daily World, PWW's predecessor, and active in electoral politics in Brooklyn, New York.
WEB DuBois Clubs of America
In 2014, John Wojcik, was listed a a friend on the DuBois Clubs Facebook page.
Saluting workers everywhere!
In 2009 the Peoples Weekly World carried an article "Saluting workers everywhere!"
- Our unity makes Wall Street tremble
- Employee Free Choice and universal health care!
- A 'green', demilitarized, democratized economy that works for all!
Illinois Readers of the PWW signed the article.
Terrie Albano & John Bachtell - Jon Allen - Sijisfredo Aviles - Eric Robert Berdell - Carolyn Black & Bill Appelhans - Owen Brill - Helen Boothe - John Bradley - Docia Buffington & Abdul-Aziz Hassan - Cathy Campo & Kevin Lindeman - Cristobal Cavazos, Tania Brown & Anita Naoli - Andrew Chebuhar - Dean Christ & Joan Phillips - Ben Cline - Carmen Cohn & Lance Cohn - Alison Cooper - Clarice Durham - Joan Elbert - Thomas Fineberg & Maxine Fineberg - Oscar Forsman - Connie Hall - Ahmad Hassan - Harold Hill - Dajiang Hu - Marge Gamboa - Mike Giocondo & Carroll Krois - Luster Jackson - Ed Jenks & Mary Jenks - Earl R. Jones - Kenneth Kapel - Molly Kelley & Dallas Brown - Angela Larson & Bamshad Mobasher - Jim Lange - Joyce Lightfoot - Stephen Livingston - Guadalupe Lozano - Pepe Lozano - Bea Lumpkin & Frank Lumpkin - Megan Marshall - Scott Marshall & Roberta Wood - Bill Mackovich - Damien Matthews - Donn Miller - Stanley Moe - Ken Nelson - Tom Pace - Ted Pearson & Kathy Pearson - Martha Pedroza - Hector Pedroza - Shelby Richardson – Mark Rogovin & Michelle Rogovin - Barbara Russum -Armando Santos - Tom Shepherd - Evelyn Swan - Ruth Tregay -Kevin Tyson - John Wojcik.
Working Class Media & Democracy' forum, 2013
The MO/KS People’s World (www.peoplesworld.org) hosted the 10th Annual ‘Working Class Media & Democracy’ forum on Saturday, December 7th, 2013.
This year’s Media Forum will be a panel discussion featuring:
- Tim Rowden, St. Louis Labor Tribune reporter and associate editor
- Pamela Merrit, Progress Missouri communications director, blogger at Angry Black Bitch, and former Statewide E-Organizer for Planned Parenthood Affiliate of Missouri
- Rasheen Aldridge, STL Can’t Survive on $7.35 activist and organizer
- John Wojcik, People’s World labor editor and International Labor Communications Association vice president
Communist Party speaker
- John Wojcik started as labor editor of the People’s World in May, 2007 after working as a union meat cutter in northern New Jersey. There he served as a shop steward, as a member of a United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW) union contract negotiating committee. At their most recent convention, Wojcik was elected as a vice president of the International Labor Communications Association, the professional organization of labor communicators in North America.
- In the 1970s and ’80s he was a political action reporter for the Daily World, the People’s World predecessor, and active in electoral politics in Brooklyn, New York. Along with being labor editor, Wojcik is a co-editor of peoplesworld.org.
Peoples World 2015
- Editorial Board Co-editors - Joe Sims, Sue Webb, Terrie Albano, John Wojcik
- Mundo Popular - Rossana Cambron, Barbara Russum
- Labor Editor - John Wojcik
- Managing Editors - Barbara Russum, Blake Deppe
- Business Manager - Jenn Delgado
- Technology Coordinator - Earchiel Johnson
- Copy Editor - Eric Gordon
- FB friends page
- PW, Saluting workers everywhere! by: ILLINOIS FRIENDS OF PWW may 1 2009
- PEace Economy Project, 10th Annual ‘Working Class Media & Democracy’ forum Posted on December 7, 2013 by peace
- Speak Progress, Speakers page
- PW contact, accessed October 2015