Teresa (Terrie) Albano is a Communist Party USA activist and is editor of People's World. Born and raised in Chicago, Teresa (Terrie) Albano lived and started a family in Bronx, N.Y. before moving back to her hometown.
Albano has traveled throughout the U.S. and world, including Italy, India, Cuba, Ireland, Angola, Mexico, Moscow and Pyongyang.
She was married to John Bachtell.
In the early 1990s, Terrie Albano was National coordinator of the Young Communist League USA
Albano had a variety of jobs, including four years as a machinist/tool and die maker, and seven years on the national staff of the Young Communist League USA, where she participated and organized in the U.S. youth and student movement of the 1980s and 90s.
Endorsed Communist Party Call
On March 30 2002 the Communist Party USA paper People’s Weekly World called for a national holiday in honor of late Farm Workers Union leader Cesar Chavez. The article was followed by a long list of endorsersincluding Terrie Albano. Almost all endorsers were confirmed members of the Communist Party USA.
- The movement that has exploded around Obama is so important. It's antiracist in essence. It's deep and broad and multiracial and multigenerational. It has insightful and sophisticated everyday people active in it. It's the cream rising to the top after the long horrendous period of the Bush administration and ultra right rule since Reagan.
- But even if Obama doesn't win and Hillary Clinton does, getting rid of any ultra rightist will take this country forward. And the movement around Obama will influence Clinton.
- This kind of upsurge comes around just once in a lifetime. I hope for all progressives - each of us - get involved. Don't stand on the sidelines. Be active. Don't let history pass you by.
Communist Party speaker
- Teresa Albano is co-editor of People’s World, a daily news website of, for and by the 99%. The People’s World reports on the movements for jobs, peace, equality, democracy, civil rights, labor, immigrant, LGBT and women’s rights, protection of the environment, and more.
- Born and raised in Chicago, Albano lived and started a family in Bronx, N.Y., before moving back to her hometown. She is a member of the Chicago Newspaper Guild-Communications Workers Union of America, and has been active in grassroots political and labor organizing for more than 25 years.
- Teresa has been lucky enough to travel throughout the United States and world, including Italy, India, Cuba, Ireland, Angola, Mexico, Russia and North Korea. All of which has reinforced her belief in the common interests of working people everywhere.
Peoples World 2015
- Editorial Board Co-editors - Joe Sims, Sue Webb, Terrie Albano, John Wojcik
- Mundo Popular - Rossana Cambron, Barbara Russum
- Labor Editor - John Wojcik
- Managing Editors - Barbara Russum, Blake Deppe
- Business Manager - Jenn Delgado
- Technology Coordinator - Earchiel Johnson
- Copy Editor - Eric Gordon
New member phone bank
New member phone bank Public · Hosted by Communist Party USA.
Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 11 AM - 4 PM EDT
Your living room
- We're organizing a phonebank to our new members on Saturday and we need your help. The callfire service allow you to make the calls from home, using your smartphone, laptop or deskstop. You'll get a real charge from talking to them! Aint' nuthin like it!! Please click "going" if you can make calls! Thanks!
Those invited to participate on on Facebook included Terrie Albano.
Terrie Albano with Elizabeth Warren June 2019.
Lauren Underwood with Terrie Albano, July 2019.
- WREE Chicago mailing list, May 2, 1985, Sandy Patrinos papers, Tamiment Library, New York
- Speak Progress, Speakers page
- PW contact, accessed October 2015